“Location, location and location”

The Royal Horseguards
Ranked #119 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Beauitful hotel, most staff professional and friendly. I choose his hotel for location and the reviews it had received. Only 2 minute walk Trafalgar square and 5 minute walk to big Ben. Service from doormen were second to none, however check-in staff could brush up on how to smile. Breakfast was great, don't forget to order from menu if you don't like buffet. Our room was large and the bed so comfortable, the bathroom spacious. This hotel ticks all the boxes and we shall return next time we visit London.

Room Tip: Choose an executive king with river view.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank wedphotographers
Write a ReviewReviews (4,876)

Reviewed November 16, 2012

Stayed for 4 nights at this fantastic hotel over Remembrance Sunday. Ideally located in Whitehall, very quiet, yet minutes from Big Ben, Parliament,Trafalgar Square,Covent Garden. Couldn't have chosen better location. We were fortunate to be upgraded to Executive room. Beautiful. Immaculately clean, In house services were excellent yet unobtrusive. Great breakfast. Harpist plays in Foyer during afternoon tea! Staff were welcoming and helpful. Wouldn't look to stay anwhere else while in London.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
HotelLondon, Manager at The Royal Horseguards, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2012

Thank you for posting such a glowing review, I know it makes the entire team so proud to read such lovely comments. Everyone here works so hard to provide exceptional service and it is always a joy to hear that our efforts are appreciated.

The location is ideal being quiet however just a few minutes walk and you find yourself in the heart of the West End. I know our housekeeping team always love to receive fantastic reviews about the immaculate cleanliness of the property.

Thank you for making us your first choice when staying in London and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

Having been in the fortunate position to stay in some of the nicest hotels around the world, I can rate this one up their with the best of them.

From arrival at the hotel and the friendly door staff bring in the luggage to the delivery to the room of the luggage, The lobby has a very warm welcoming feeling just like you have arrived home, The Room was of a high standard, which was well appointed, with every thing that one would need.

The breakfast was of a high standard with nothing to much trouble for the waiting staff.

A very enjoyable hotel but I think that the best recommendation that I could give to this hotel is that the next time I stay in London it will be at The Royal Horseguards.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to post such a glowing review, it is reviews such as these that make our staff extremely proud to work at The Royal Horseguards Hotel.

I am delighted to hear that the Hotel lobby made you feel as if you had just arrived at home. It is fantastic to read that you felt all staff were exceedingly welcoming and attentive. I am very pleased that you were impressed with the room and that every need was catered for.

I have passed on your comments regarding the high quality of breakfast to the Food & Beverage team and know that they are extremely pleased to receive such a great review.

Myself and the all team at The Royal Horseguards Hotel are very much looking forward to welcoming you back to your new home away from home!

Reviewed November 13, 2012

Stayed here on Saturday 11th November as we were going to Remembrance Parade at Whitehall. This location is perfect for Whitehall and also about 2 minutes away from the Embankment where there are plenty of Bars. Covent Garden is also within walking distance. This is a lovely hotel. Very professional and friendly staff. Nice rooms and very good bathroom with underfloor heating and a TV. Never seen a TV in a bathroom before.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

It is always wonderful to receive such great reviews, and I was very pleased to hear that you enjoyed the TV in the bathroom!!

Our location is so close to many of the top sights that it makes it so easy to walk around and explore the attractions of London.

I am delighted that you found the room comfortable to return to at the end of a long day sightseeing.

We hope to be able to welcome you back soon for another amazing stay.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Booked this through a lastminute.com top secret deal & what a steal at £165 I stayed with a friend in a twin room & found this hotel to be absolutely faultless & beautifully decadent, definately a perfect hotel for a special evening.

Room Tip: Email ahead & cheekily ask for a room with a view of the thames!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 12, 2012

I have mixed feelings writing about this hotel. There are positive points about it: it's doormen service that would welcome you and take care of you luggage straight from your taxi. Then, the general ambiance, lobby and bars that give you a warm feeling. The breakfast room spacious and nice, there is a quick service there and a good choice of cold and hot dishes.

But then other elements come to the picture: the check-in and check-out was lengthy and painful. My first night was prepaid at a special rate on the hotel's website while the 2 following nights were booked directly with the hotel at the conference rates. When after 10 min of waiting I got to the check-in desk, I was told that my 2 conference night were cancelled by conference organizer. It took 50 mouse clicks and my black on white reservation confirmation by the hotel to get room key. I was told I can stay in the same room 3 nights without changing, which usually means I was put directly to my Double Delux Room (£ 270 per night incl breakfast). My room (906) was ok till I noticed that the windows were blind, when trying to understand the reason I saw that I had a view on the wall and turbo ventilators fixed on this wall. I immediately asked reception for a change and received opposite room (905) with the view on the roofs ( £ 270 per night does not seem to be enough to see the river) and extremely noisy airconditioning/heating. As a result, tired with previous changes, I slept all the nights with ear plugs. Other than this, the room was correct as you would expect of a standard room (not of a deluxe room) with a comfortable bed and a bathroom with heated floor / towel racks. There was also a free Wifi that worked well.

My check out took again 15 min as my bill was showing extra positions to the prepaid night and discussion with 2 receptionists that seem to ignore what these positions were, was lengthy. The arguments of group booking came back like boomerang making me at 6.30 am angry to start the day. Pity.

Should I have again a conference at this hotel, I would stay elsewhere and commute!

Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Travellersfromswitzerland
Reviewed November 12, 2012

We stayed here as a weekend treat having got a good deal with a prior booking.The moment we approached the main entrance we were met with courteousness in abundence ,all staff have very polished standards as to how to provide excellent customer service without being patronising.The downstairs lobby and generally provides for an oppulent and luxuriant experience ,some hotels rest on their laurels when it comes to their 5 star status ,not this ,it pushes the boundaries. So impressed we upgraded to deluxe double ,worth it for the comfort all detailed in other reviews,With cocktails in the equus bar and dinner later in the one twenty one two restaurant both of which were absolute treats we certainly felt pampered.
The location of he hotel is also a big plus .walking distance from leceicester square ,covent garden ,trafalgar square ,over looking the embankment and much much more..
The only regret =we didnt stay longer

Room Tip: try and book a room overlooking the thames ,possibly at a premium but worth it