I am lucky enough to be able to travel with my husband when he has business trips. We booked two extra days prior to his five day meeting so he could adjust to the time and see some of the city sights before meetings kept him occupied. The lobby is comfortable and large enough to hold many people without being crowded. It is also has huge welcoming sofas where one can wait with their eyes closed undisturbed waiting for the room to be ready. The hotel has many advantages in addition to it's five star rating. It overlooks the Thames, is close to Trafalgar Square and the Charring Cross tube stop. We forgot the Para Olympics followed the Olympics and arrived while they were being held. Other than having streets blocked off for traffic control and not always able to take a cab, it was an additionally exciting time to be in the city. We saw many great athletes, gatherings in Trafalgar Square and many parades in addition to the many museums, castles and restaurants we were there to experience. Our room overlooked the river if you were in the corner and on tip toes. It was smaller than that of others attending the conference, but suited us well since we were out and about most of the day and evening. After a week, we finally felt we scratched the surface of the city and had an oasis waiting for us at the end of the day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This majestic five-star hotel presides over the River Thames. From glittering chandeliers to contemporary design, this central hotel near the London Eye reflects a proud heritage. Expect more, with free wi-fi throughout the hotel, fully refurbished Victorian splendour, award-winning dining, afternoon tea and sumptuous river view suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, HotelsforEveryone, TripOnline SA, Ctrip TA, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Royal Horseguards reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Horseguards Hotel London
- Royal Horseguards London
- The Royal Horseguards London, England