My heart sinks when I check in to a so called 5* hotel and the receptionist asks me if I want to upgrade my room for another thirty quid. He's basically saying "You've been conned". The five star room you thought you'd booked is in fact a refurbished, windowless broom cupboard and if you want any sight of daylight, you gotta pay more. It stinks.
Being an older building, The Royal Horseguards has many internal rooms which at best, (room *04) face onto narrow vertical passages which deny you any view of the sky, and at worst (room *21) which appear to have an artificial window with a light behind it. To add insult to injury, the beds "double" beds in these rooms are 4' 6" wide. In my opinion that's a single bed in a five star hotel. Apparently, only 20 rooms have king size beds.
My advice is to print the photograph of the example of the room you have booked from the hotel's website, and point out to the receptionist that it indicates that dayight is included. My advice to the management is to take as example the The Strand Palace Hotel, where rooms 'without a view' are clearly stated and discounted accordingly. And stop pretending to be a five star hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This majestic five-star hotel presides over the River Thames. From glittering chandeliers to contemporary design, this central hotel near the London Eye reflects a proud heritage. Expect more, with free wi-fi throughout the hotel, fully refurbished Victorian splendour, award-winning dining, afternoon tea and sumptuous river view suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Royal Horseguards reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Horseguards Hotel London
- Royal Horseguards London
- The Royal Horseguards London, England