We stayed at The Royal Horseguards for one night before traveling to France and arrived very early in the morning. Our rooms were not ready so we accepted an upgrade of one room (though at a cost to us) to freshen up. This room was not much bigger than our booked room though had a view of the Thames.
The hotel had been beautifully restored and was in very good condition. Staff were on the whole friendly and helpful and made our stay enjoyable.
We were impressed with the location of the hotel - just around the corner from Trafalgar Square and on the Thames opposite the London Eye. We easily walked to central London sites including Westminster Abbey, Houses of Parliament and Buckingham Palace.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This majestic five-star hotel presides over the River Thames. From glittering chandeliers to contemporary design, this central hotel near the London Eye reflects a proud heritage. Expect more, with free wi-fi throughout the hotel, fully refurbished Victorian splendour, award-winning dining, afternoon tea and sumptuous river view suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone, Agoda, Priceline, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Royal Horseguards reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Horseguards Hotel London
- Royal Horseguards London
- The Royal Horseguards London, England