“Excellent stay. Ideal location” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Oliver Plaza Hotel

Oliver Plaza Hotel
Ranked #651 of 1,087 Hotels in London
Moscow, Russia
“Excellent stay. Ideal location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2014

Had a rest in this hotel a second time in November and March Were 8 nights. This hotel is located near subway, close to the sights, near Hyde Park, the rooms were clean, quiet, value for money, great staff, friendly and the rooms are clean, cleaned every day, the rooms are small, but in order to stay quite comfortable and the bed was large and comfortable. Definitely stay again in this hotel.

Room Tip: we recommend number 002 he is large in size, perhaps there are other better, we don't know perh...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CapricornHotels, Manager at Oliver Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Dear Nadinka,

Thank you very much for staying for a second time with us!

I am really pleased to hear that you could enjoy the cleanness and comfort of our rooms, our location indeed is just few minutes from Earls Court Underground Station so it's always very comfortable when you are travelling around with luggage or even for the sightseeing!

I really hope you could enjoy the most of your 8 days stay with us and thank you for sharing your experience!

I really hope you will stay with us soon again and get a new impressions from beautiful London.

Hope to see you soon again!

Kavin,

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
West Yorkshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2014

The hotel is in an excellent location. Only minutes walks from Earls Court Tube Station. Staff extremely friendly and helpful. Room spotlessly clean. Definitely would recommend for a stop over in London.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear ConsonWestYorkshire,

Thank you very much for your feedback and staying with us.

I really hope you could enjoy the most of our location and I am really proud to hear that my staff was approaching you in friendly and attentive manner. We are always trying to do the most for our guests. Our housekeeping team is always trying to make our guest rooms as tidy and cosy as possible to make you feel as at home.

If you are planning to stay with again for a longer stay or considering to take your family with you we are happy to inform that we have a very nice Studio Rooms available which makes every longer stay even more comfortable.

Thank you very much once again for choosing to stay with us and we really hope to see you soon again!

Kavin,

Hotel Manager
Memphis, Tennessee
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014

Being from America I will say staying in this hotel was a different experience for me. I can't speak for all the rooms but I can say that I have never in my life stayed in a room so small before. When we arrived the front desk agent was very nice and even told us we were getting a "nice size" room, especially considering hte fact that I am not a small woman. If the room we were in was considered nice size then I would hate to see what a small room is like. We had no space at all. both of our luggage barely fit in the room, in fact my friend's luggage actually blocked the door. All together the room and our bathroom was smaller than the dorm room I had in college, and probably smaller than a child's bedroom. It was terrible.

Even with the room being small that wasn't the thing that bothered me about the hotel. The room size didn't matter as much because we didn't plan on being in there that often. We made it known that we would need wifi connection which they provided, however our room wasn't on a regular floor, it was in the basement which had horrible reception, if any at all. I was unable to contact my family while i was in London due to this.

Even with the wifi issue I could have looked past it as well, again i really only needed the room to sleep. But I went up to the hotel lobby to try to use my ipad and the night clerk, an older man, had to be the most rude man I have ever met. I wanted to book a tour and asked if local calls were free, instead of just saying yes or no he huffed and said "Why would calls be free. This is a hotel nothing is free." I watched him talk just as bad to another customer who was asking a question as well. At this point i was completely done with the hotel. I can deal with shabby accomidations but poor service is a no no.

After all of this we were taking a day trip and needed a taxi. A different front desk person was overly eager to book our taxi for us. He told us it was going to be 50 pounds to get us from the hotel to the train station. Not knowing the regular cost we accepted it. After we got back from Paris we grabbed a black cab to take us back. To our surprise we only spent 30 pounds to get back to our room and the black cabs are known for being more expensive than the others. My friend who was now very suspicious decided to call the original company we used as well as black to find out the difference in price to get us to the airport. We quickly learned that the hotel had worked out a deal with the driver and charged us more so that they could get a cut of the money. This was the last straw. We booked our own cab and got out of there as soon as we possibly could.

As far as the hotel I would never stay there again. There are others on the same street that look nicer and are around the same price. If you do stay there don't expect quality because that's just not this hotel. What you get is a small room and a bed. If you are handicapped or plus sized do NOT stay here. And lastly if you need to book anything do it on your own do not let the hotel assist because you will overpay.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank geishaskyy
CapricornHotels, Manager at Oliver Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Dear Geishaskyy,

First of all please accept my sincere apologies for all the inconvenience caused during your
stay.

I am very grateful that you shared your experience and highlighted for our attention the particular member of the staff, we will definitely take an opportunity to retrain him on customer service to avoid any disappointment in the future.

Your opinion is very valuable for us. I suppose that during your stay you could use the full advantage of our location as you were mostly spending time outside hotel.

I would like to inform you that normally we are trying to allocate more spacious room if available once we receive your call regarding the issues with room size(as normally twin room has got 2 single beds in it ).

Our reception team is available 24 hours to assist you with any enquiries or complaints once received.

Regarding the local calls – at the moment it is still payable facility like in most of
the hotels in London, however our wifi connection is free of charge for our guests.

I am also really sorry to hear your dissatisfaction with mini cab services. As per our previous guests experience we tend to call local mini cab to quote the rate in advance, as previously black cabs has charged our guests for the journey to the hotel as well.

Therefore we always quote the rate to the guest so you can make a decision which services you
would prefer.

I really hope that you had a safe journey back home and I would like to ask you contact our hotel
directly to have more details.

Please do not hesitate to contact me by e-mail - OliverPlaza@capricornhotels.co.uk

We really hope to have you back!

Hotel Manger

Travelers are raving about these London hotels

Ghent, Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2014

It's not a fancy hotel but... room & bathroom were clean, location is top and there's not that many noise from the street. Above all, the staff was friendly, helped me out with power adapters and tips for dinner. And in the end there's the price, as the great poet Austin Powers would say: "you're in swinging London" with the according high prices, but this small hotel gives you the correct value for money.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
CapricornHotels, Manager at Oliver Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Dear Brothak!

Thank you very much for your comments about your stay with us!

Indeed Oliver Plaza has always a good value for money, we are always trying to make sure that our housekeeping standards are satisfying your expectations.

We are glad to hear that our staff was friendly and attentive because every guest is very important for us!

Location is perfect indeed, especially for the business trip, as it gives you an easy access to reach your destination!

Hope you will stay with us soon again!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2014

Prior to our stay I had read some of the reviews on here and was slightly concerned by people saying how small the rooms/bathrooms were.....however on our arrival we were greeted by lovely chatty friendly staff on reception,they made the effort to talk to my 8 year old daughter and ask if she was excited for her trip to london (she was,very!!) this made us feel at home straight away as it wasn't just the usual "here's your key,sign this" impersonal service that you sometimes get at hotels.we got to our room and yeah it wasn't massive but for two people who were traveling light and using the hotel just to sleep on as we're were out sightseeing the whole time it was perfect,tea/coffee/toiletries were all supplied,it was clean the beds were really comfy,what more could we want??the bathroom was small but perfectly adequate for our needs after all who needs to star jump or cartwheel while they are showering or brushing their teeth??? Breakfast was included and although it was only continental filled us perfectly and set us up for the day of sightseeing! The hotel is literally 2mins walk from earls court tube station with plenty of shops and eateries just at the end of the road,natural history/science museum and v&a are about 10/15 mins walk away,location is ideal for anyone planning a short sightseeing trip to london,we will most definitely be visiting london again soon and we will stay at the oliver plaza when we do,perfect base camp for anyone traveling light who doesn't feel the need to run laps around the room ;-) small but great value for money.

• Stayed February 2014
Dear BeckyLoise82,

Thank you very much for your nice comments! Our staff really enjoys to get to know our guest and they try to accommodate any kind of requests. Our hotel has got family rooms where you can find enough room for a family, so we are very happy that you have truly enjoyed your stay in one of them.

We are very proud to hear that our housekeeping did a great job and you have found our continental breakfast fulfilling. We believe that good night sleep, cosy atmosphere and satisfying breakfast gives a good start of the day!

We are looking forward to see you in Oliver Plaza again!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2014

Great location nearby underground en good restaurants and pubs. Nothing fancy but all you need to recouperate after a busy day. Room and bathroom are not very big, but clean and the shower was realy good. We will stay here again when we plan our next trip to London!

• Stayed February 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CapricornHotels, Manager at Oliver Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Oliver Plaza.
We are more than happy that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

The location of our hotel is often positively commented and our housekeeping works very hard to provide cosy, clean and well maintained rooms.

I hope to welcome you back at the Oliver Plaza again.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

We stayed on 31st jan-2nd feb, when we received booking confirmation we had a queen size bed, upon arrival, it was two singles pushed together and very squeaky.
Room clean, woke up Saturday morning for Breakfast, didn't bother on the Sunday, really wasn't up to much, staff were pleasant, had to go up and down for iron and ironing board.
Located close to earls court station, a huge bonus after you have been strolling round central London all day. They have 3 private parking spaces at £20 a day, very handy if you can get one, otherwise it's £3.30 per hour on all surrounding residential streets. Everything you need close by, I'd stay again, but room is worth only £55-£65.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Michaelc1990
CapricornHotels, Manager at Oliver Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Dear Michael,

Thank you for your review after your recent stay in Oliver Plaza Hotel.

Sorry to hear your experience with the beds - we will investigate the issue.
Thank you for your comments on our ideal situation - as well as the parking facility. Not many Earls Court/Central London provides affordable parking prices!

We are looking forward to welcome you in our hotel again!

Warm regards,