“Staff very kind great connections to center”
Review of Oliver Plaza Hotel

Oliver Plaza Hotel
Ranked #668 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Milan, Italy
“Staff very kind great connections to center”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Our standard room was really cramped. The bathroom was really 1m by 1,5m.
Standard rooms have no wardrobe, only a bar with some hangers.
We asked for a better room and they were brilliant listening.
They did help.
"We try to solve problems for who complains". Thanks to the manager and the housekeeping lady.
Breakfast room very clean. Great connections to center.
Will go back to room 101.

Room Tip: Standard room cramped Ok short stay. There are great studio rooms for families which even has a co...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
CapricornHotels, Manager at Oliver Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear Chris,

Thank you for your recent review of Oliver Plaza Hotel.

I am delighted that you enjoyed our warm and friendly service. As always our location, facilities and service has combined well to make your stay with us an enjoyable experience.

The rooms may seem a bit small, as our hotel is in a converted building (like many other small independent hotels in the area), therefore we have different room sizes, and no standard room size. Indeed, within the same category they could be different.

Warm regards,
Kavin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Mid Wales
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Close to Earls Court and EC tube station. Great service received from all staff. Friendly and polite.
Bathroom was tiny!! Shower was larger than average though.
Everywhere was immaculate. We will definitely stay here again

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the delightful review following your recent stay at the Oliver Plaza Hotel.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed our central location and highly rated customer service.
Our hotel is a converted building, therefore all the rooms have a bit different shape and size.
We are more than happy, that you were also satisfied with your stay.

We are looking forward to welcome you soon again at Oliver Plaza.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed August 10, 2013

I stayed there for 3 days and my experience was absoluyelt out of this world. The staff were very friendly and must say very very helpful. They helped me peice my trip togerther by advising me what to do, where to go, which place to visit and how to get there. They were quite patient enough in guiding me to all the most visited places in london.

Given a chance, I will definitely go back stay there.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
CapricornHotels, Manager at Oliver Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear Terry,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Oliver Plaza.

As our hotel is ideally located whether you're on a leisure or a business trip in London, everything is at your hand. This combined with great prices and excellent customer service - that's what we are aiming to provide, so I am very pleased to read that you've been satisfied with your stay at the Oliver Plaza Hotel.

San Jose, California
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Booked another hotel in the same neighborhood online before my trip. What a disaster that turned out to be. Horrible, dirty rooms and even worse front desk staff. Needed to find alternative lodging, and having walked past the Oliver Plaza, I decided to pop in and inquire about their rooms.

Rachid at the front desk was awesome. Saved my trip to London. Showed me a room that was ten times better and at a great rate. Room 101 was a large studio apartment and could not have been better. Full-size refrigerator, dishes, sink, oven. I also needed rooms for my sons and he happily accommodated. The rooms were smaller, but very clean and comfortable. Free WiFi for all was an added bonus. The breakfast room was clean and the food was about what you would expect. Good way to start the day.

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Charlie,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Oliver Plaza.

The location of our hotel is often positively commented and our housekeeping team works very hard to provide cosy, clean and well maintained rooms.
Thank you very much for your positive comment about Rachid, he is a great member on my team and he will really appreciate your feedback - so do I.

Pottsville
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Our room 101 (studio apartment) was very clean, spacious and quiet with lovely big windows. This hotel is close to the underground, supermarket and restaurants. Great position for London! The manager, Kavin, was superb! He was always helpful and nothing was too much trouble. Thank you for a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Oliver Plaza.

The location of our hotel is often positively commented - easy access to the underground, local shops and restaurants. It's very convenient whether you're a leisure or a business traveller.
Also, thank you very much for mentioning our outstanding standard of customer service.

Athlone, Ireland
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Hotel rooms ( and we experienced 3 different ones ) are tiny ,10 foot by 6 foot with a 18 inch entrance into a 30 inch square shower where all you can do is stand , no moving of arms possible .First room was a single with a 4 foot bed pushed up against the wall and they called this a double room . This was small for one person let alone 2 people. Despite numerous complaints to disinterested reception staff we were promised an" upgrade " after night one which we later found out was being moved upstairs from a basement room to the third floor !! After 10 o clock on our second night we eventually got room 101 which I think is the only room in this hotel up to any sort of standard. Excuses such as " Well you are in the centre of London and this is only a 3 star hotel " are not good enough for such crammed conditions and cavalier attitude. Stay well away from this hotel if you want any form of comfort try

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rayjohn_13
Dear Guest,

I am sorry to hear about your negative experiences The Oliver Plaza.

Our building is a converted building - indeed, just like most of the small, individual hotels in the area. Therefore our rooms have different sizes and shapes. I am really sorry that you felt the rooms are too small - we do have rooms with various sizes, like the room you finally were given.

Ultimately, I am really sorry if you felt the staff's attitude and willingness to help wasn't up to your standards - rest assured, it will be investigated.

Best regards,
Kavin

Travelers are raving about these London hotels

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Don't wear your seatbelt on the way to this hotel. Death would be more comfortable. And it probably comes with far better staff. Worst hotel and staff experience in all my travels.

Rooms might as well be outside they are so noisy. Also terribly small even for just one person. The staff could not be more rude and when they weren't being rude, they were busy being useless. I come to London every other month and this is by far the worst hotel. It's three stars but giving it two would be generous. Will never be staying here again. Not even if they paid me.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Chellies
CapricornHotels, Manager at Oliver Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am sorry to hear about your negative experiences The Oliver Plaza.

This seems to be at odds with the majority of positive reviews posted on TripAdvisor as you will see below. So that we could investigate what went wrong with your stay, we have tried to trace your reservation details from the limited information available on this site without any success.

Please if you can contact Eva directly on marketing@capricornhotels.co.uk I can assure you that we will redress all of your concerns.

Best regards,