“Too noisy traffic kept me awake all night long”
Review of Henley House Hotel

Henley House Hotel
Ranked #309 of 1,067 Hotels in London
LONDON
“Too noisy traffic kept me awake all night long”
Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

This hotel must be the worst in the Earls Court area. I wanted a quiet night but I could hear other visitors in adjoining rooms.

Wouldnt stay here again, if you paid me. The most noisiest location ever and no double glazing. Broken window and dreadful curtains.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank CYBERGIRL5989
jajbhay, Owner at Henley House Hotel, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Sorry to hear that you were clearly not pleased during your stay. We are however taken a little aback. The hotel has been completely refurbished over the past 12 months and probably you stayed in one of our unrefurbished rooms at the time (I believe you stayed last October). The 'old' rooms were nevertheless of good quality we believe. We certainly have not received complaints about noise as you seem to have experienced. The hotel is also located on a very quiet side road so street noise is very low for central London standards. We do hope you will stay with us again and hopefully rave about the hotel next time!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
Vicenza, Italy
Reviewed April 1, 2014

I stayed here by myself and therefore booked a single room. The place is cosy and has a warm feeling as you arrive, however my room wasn't so great. Not particularly clean and it must have been one of the "old" rooms, as it really smelt of dust, besides the fact that it was tiny. I could see some photos of much more modern looking rooms however mine was nowhere as close to that. I think the room I was given needs maintenance, maybe starting from changing that horrible carpet that looked really old. The matress wasn't great either. Al in all though, considering I was only there for 2 nights and always stayed out during the day, plus the fact that I didn't pay that much makes the place OK I guess, for London. The breakfast room is really lovely and the breakfast itself was good too. Staff was friendly.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
jajbhay, Owner at Henley House Hotel, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Very taken aback by this review. All ours rooms have just been refurbished to a high standard and all the room carpets are completely new As are all the mattresses. The single rooms are small but are well designed we believe. The public areas are currently being refurbished but this has no impact upon the rooms. We do not have any 'old' rooms, hence our surprise at the comments.
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Reviewed March 4, 2014

The hotel is well situated. Although it is very old outside, the room that stayed was very modern and confortable. The room wasn't very good cleaned .... She left the trash over the sofa, didn't wash my glass of wine, the floor of my bathrrom wasn't cleaned. The breakfast is very simple. There is a supermarket very close to the hotel só you can have some stuffs in yr room. The train station is also very close

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Helen_rodrigues
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 2, 2014

I honestly cannot fault this hotel! The location is right in the centre of Earls Court so very handy for the tube, bars, restaurants and shops. The staff were all lovely. The rooms have been refurbished to an excellent standard with all the modcons you could ever ask for. It is London so of course the rooms are on the small side but not uncomfortably so. The bed was very comfy, the TV was excellent with an excellent choice of channels and connectivity options. The wifi was the fastest I've ever experienced in a hotel, and for free! And to top it all off, I got an absolutely fantastic rate on Booking.com. I will definitely be staying here again when I next visit London.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Lorna89379
Accra, Ghana
Reviewed February 26, 2014

What a great little hotel! I stayed in a solo traveller's room, which was the size of about two office cubicles. Most would feel clasutraphobic in this small space, about the width of the bed itself, but they really did it well. The TV is right at the foot of the bed, for easy viewing of Come Dine with Me. There is a fridge right under the shelf/end table portion for easy storage of any goods you might buy at the nearby M&S Food Hall. The staff was friendly, and it had a working elevator, but some staris up to this top floor room. Breakfast was in a cute conservatory.

The bathroom is amazing and modern. The room itself feels luxurious, given its lighting and modern appointments. The bed was super comfortable, and even though it was a twin, I never felt short changed.

Overall, I would recommend Henley House single rooms to solo travellers, it was a great price in an amazing location by the Earl's Court tube.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Aron G
Spain
Reviewed February 22, 2014

The good: Friendly and helpful staff, clean (rare among this price range in London), good wifi, ample free breakfast, very nice room (small but perfectly formed) with a mini fridge for snacks, great TV and a USB charging point (helpful if you only have 1 adaptor and 3 things to charge!), location and the price!

The bad: Water pressure. I had plenty of hot water but took ages to shower as the pressure was so low. I was on the top floor so I don't know about the lower floors.

The Ugly: The renovations. For me it wasn't a problem as the room was top notch but the corridors have not been finished yet.

Overall this is a great little hotel. It's very rare to find a hotel as clean and friendly as this in London, especially at these prices. The owners are doing a fantastic job with the renovations and the hotel should be even better when finished. The staff are fantastic, helpful at every turn. The breakfast is fresh and filling, not Michelin but more than enough. I would definitely return and recommend!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
jajbhay, Owner at Henley House Hotel, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Many thanks for your considered review. All the rooms have now been refurbished and the last area we are now tackling are the public spaces, so on your next visit hopefully you will be fully satisfied. We are also addressing the water pressure issue (top floor only) ! We are really pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 5, 2014

I have had the pleasure visiting this hotel, spanning a number of years, dealing with both front of house management and back-room staff. Their warm reception, courtesy, hospitality and attention to detail is still second-to-none! Now with their rooms fully refurbished, with state-of-the-art décor, has merely taken their whole ambience to yet another, higher, level!

What also impresses me is that they have not stopped at that and are constantly seeking to improve in other areas - whether under direct initiative or through guest/visitor feedback.

Congratulations, Henley House and I look forward to my next visit soon...

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business