“Great place to stay, convenient and clean. Propre et super emplacement!”
Review of Henley House Hotel

Henley House Hotel
Ranked #353 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed March 9, 2013

We stayed 5 nights in this lovely hotel. The receptionists were nice and always happy to help when you needed. The room was small, but that's London! We were happy though as as we just spend time in the room to sleep! The breakfast was included but nothing stood out to be honest! The room was really cosy and decorated with the English style, it really felt like we were at 'HOME'. Room is equipped with a hair dryer and a safe, kettle...
The location of the Henley House is amazing, it's is less than 2 minutes walk from the Earl's court station where you can get the picadilly and district line. You can also walk to High street kensington and Holland park in about 18minutes, walk to south kensington in less than 15 minutes. Around the hotel there are lots of restaurants or take away food, off licence stores and pubs.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cecile M

Reviewed March 7, 2013

We stayed in room 11 for 4 nights and found the bed very comfortable and plenty of space in the room except for the bathroom which although small has everything you would need.The staff throughout the hotel were friendly and helpful. The breakfast was excellent with plenty of choice.The location is close to Earls Court Tube which makes it easy to go anywhere in London. You will not find a better budget hotel in London at the prices they charge. Would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting London on budget.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank aussie043
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Not the Ritz. But then I wasn't paying Ritz prices. As another reviewer has said, you get what you pay for and this hotel is really very good value for London. Yes, my single room was small, but good use had been made of the space and I've stayed in smaller, more expensive rooms in London. Continental breakfast was included in the - very reasonable - room rate.

The decor is a bit tired and dated - so what? It doesn't claim to be a boutique hotel.

And the wifi! So rare to get decent FREE wifi in hotels. If there is, it's often only in the public areas. The Henley House has free wifi available in all it's rooms. I gave it lot of pounding during my stay - it coped admirably.

My only criticism would be that the shower in my room was a bit pants!

I'd

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 31, 2012

This hotel was a budget price and had some cosy old world charm about it. We stayed in room 11 on the first floor and had the worst night's sleep we've had in ages as the mattress was so soft and sloped towards the head end of the bed. The pillows were very soft too. One was too flat and two together were somehow too hard! Consequently we were exhausted next day and I had a stiff neck and headache.

The only part of the 'cooked' breakfast they advertised was a boiled egg you had to cook yourself. When we arrived for breakfast there was only one fruit juice glass left. When they replaced the glasses the juice had also run out! There was a choice of flavoured tea but no 'ordinary' tea. When I asked for some tea I was brought a pot but it seemed as if it wasn't going to be offered if I hadn't asked. There was also chunks of cheese but no rolls to go with them for a while. We saw people with toast but were never offered any. It seems like you had to keep asking for things as the staff were in no hurry to keep things topped up. It was as if we were disrupting their morning! Tables were very small round ones that only seated 2 people and you could only just fit your breakfast on it.

All in all we wouldn't stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank traceythomas64
Reviewed December 11, 2012

When you know the hotel prices in London Henley House is good value for money, or at least the (only) ground floor room I was staying. Colleagues in upstairs rooms said their rooms were damp. Breakfast is also good comparing to previous budget hotel stays in London. Location next to Earl's Court tube station and Piccadilly line (directly from Heathrow) is excellent.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Lennuko
Reviewed December 4, 2012

The price is a bargain for London and that's what I was looking for. My double room was clean, warm in November and functional – but it was very small, the bathroom a bit too tiny and the quirky tube TV belonged in the 1970s. Since I was alone the room size was OK, but it would have been uncomfortable for two. You don't have to look hard to find chipped paint or wallpaper that should be replaced, but then I've always found that in London's budget hotels. The breakfast room is small but nice and food selection satisfactory given the price, but they stop serving exactly at 9:00am which seems unnecessary. Staff were helpful and friendly, though reception closes at 11:30 pm and with a late flight I barely made it in time. Apparently there is a night porter, but fortunately I didn't have to try that. Access from Earl's Court Tube is very easy. The only nuisance is that Earl's Court is too far away from central London so you can't walk anywhere interesting. On balance, I would stay here again for a short visit if the price was right, and if I couldn't find something closer to the center. But in fairness, I was not unhappy with my choice. You get what you pay for.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 24, 2012

First, let me just say that my single college dorm was roomier than the small, closet-sized room I got at the Henley House. More so, the tiny twin-sized bed was terribly uncomfortable. I am sure I've slept on nicer beds in cheap hostels in paris. But considering that this is not advetised as a hostel, the discomfort came as a bit of shock. Worse yet, the room was absolutely freezing. The concierge assured me that the central heating would turn on at 5pm, but it was nearly 7pm before the barely-sufficent heating reached my room. In the end, I had to sleep in my coat to keep from freezing.

The only upside to this horrid hotel is its location proximal to the Earls Court tube. Everything else was a dismal disappointment.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo