15 people are viewing this hotel
Expedia.com$175
Hotels.com$175
Trip.com$194
1,694 results
All reviews tube station red hat gloucester road luxury family room lovely hotel directly across the street piccadilly line royal albert hall the natural history museum perfect location single room hyde park lovely room excellent stay afternoon tea kensington doorman
Selected filters
Reviewed October 21, 2019

We stayed here for one night as we had dinner plans near by. It is a beautiful hotel with really tastefully decorated and well-appointed rooms. Location is also excellent, right opposite Gloucester Road tube station and within walking distance of the South Kensington museums and bars/restaurants in and around High Street Kensington.

Staff were helpful, professional and friendly throughout. My only slight niggles were that the complimentary toiletries in our room had already been opened and partially used and when we sat down for breakfast, we were not offered tea or coffee (not available with the buffet) nor received any service after we were shown to our table. Two minor points which didn't detract from the overall experience but for the price, you would expect this level of attention to detail.

Still, a really nice stay and would not hesitate in staying again next time we're in London.

1  Thank Jfeath
FOManagementBaileys, General Manager at The Bailey's Hotel London, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2019

Dear Jfeath,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Baileys Hotel London.

I was delighted to read that you found the service to be excellent and that the staff are friendly, professional and attentive, and that you thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of your stay with us.

Your compliments are highly appreciated and rest assured I will share your feedback with the team who take great pride in ensuring each guest has a memorable stay. I am sorry to read the challenges you encountered during your stay which I will certainly be following up on.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Baileys Hotel London hopefully in the near future.

Reviewed October 15, 2019

Stayed here for one night last weekend with my Mum & children 12/10/19.
Beautiful hotel, afternoon tea delicious. Rooms clean & comfortable, the cosy double (single room) was lovely.
Great location. Would stay again.

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank 26MJJ

Dear 26MJJ,

I was delighted to read that you thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of your stay and that you found the service to be excellent, the tasteful elegant decor, the attention to detail and our attentive staff and a great afternoon tea. We strive to deliver perfection to each and every guest and it is a pleasure to hear that our efforts have not gone unnoticed.

I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Baileys Hotel and we are delighted to learn that you will choose Bailey's as your preferred stay.

Reviewed October 14, 2019

We just stayed at the Bailey's from 9/30-10/5 on the recommendation of two of my other friends who stayed there two different times over the past year

We had a FANTASTIC time!! Excellent service and very kind staff.
We had stayed one night in a typical european room (small for American standards) and when we returned after sight seeing there was a tiny leak coming from the ceiling closest to the window. There had just been a torrential downpour!
I called just to inform the front desk and next thing I know they send a maintenance man, the concierge herself comes to check, then sends the housekeeper! The front desk asked if we'd like another room and arranged for one immediately without my even asking. This room was even bigger and was just down the hall. They then sent 4 people to help us move!
Talk about customer service!
The breakfast was excellent and plentiful. Honestly I don't know what other reviewers are talking about when they complain about it.
We can not say enough about the excellent service and kindness the staff showed us. Joan and Alex were lovely and really demonstrated that they cared about their job and guests (including little kids).
I wouldn't consider staying anywhere else!

Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Sgomez1979
FOManagementBaileys, General Manager at The Bailey's Hotel London, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2019

Dear Sgomez1979,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Bailey's Hotel London.

Your feedback was fantastic to read and I am so happy that everything was to your satisfaction. I am sorry to read about the small leak from your room, however I was delighted that our team swiftly resolved the matter. This is what the Baileys Hotel is all about. We pride our selves in excellent customer service.

Your feedback will be shared with the team and I am sure Joan and Alex along with the rest of the team will be thrilled to read your review.

We are very fortunate to be across Gloucester Road tube station which is a 1 minute walk away. You are 15 minutes away by tube to major tourist site/shopping centres. Also Heathrow airport is 35 minutes away by tube on the Piccadilly line.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon to The Baileys Hotel London.

Best regards,

Reviewed October 13, 2019

Worst part was how noisy the room was. Could hear constant din of traffic and upstairs people moving about and baby crying. Room very basic, no robes, cheap UHT milk, lid open on one and gone off, cheap biscuits, not even a toilet brush! Breakfast again very basic, had to ask for cutlery to be laid twice, bowls for cereal ( came out hot from dishwasher when asked for them) no toast was offered.

1  Thank Leah H

Dear Leah H,

Thank you for your recent stay at The Bailey's Hotel London.

As we all know the Hotel is for guest from all walks of life and we welcome guests of all ages to our hotel.

The UHT milk and biscuits in the room are a substitute for sugar to be used with tea/coffee.

Bathrobes are always available upon requests and for hygiene issues, we do not provide toilet brushes in the bathrooms.

Our breakfast is served as buffet style and tables are always set up as per our restaurant standard. We apologise for the warm dishes which I will be following up on.

Once again thank you for your feedback.

Best regards,

Reviewed October 12, 2019

We stayed a full week at this hotel on vacation based on the recommendation of friends who travel frequently. Everyone staffing this beautiful hotel is professional, pleasant and accommodating. "Sir" Gary at the door is welcoming and sincerely makes you feel like your stay is very important to them. No question (directions, transportation, best values for your dollar, etc. ) goes unanswered.Our room was very clean and absolutely beautiful. We had a very, very minor issue with a window sticking and it was corrected within 30 minutes...30 minutes !!!! I have stayed in many places on business trips over the years, and I can honestly say The Bailey's is one of the VERY best on all counts.

1  Thank CPFD913

Dear CPFD913,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on The Baileys Hotel London.

I am delighted to learn that you had a thoroughly enjoyable experience and it gives me great pleasure to read your kind words on our welcoming and attentive staff, the attention to detail, our well appointed rooms and our central location. Our hotel is within 10 minutes away from major tourist/shopping destination.

I am glad the issue raised about the window was resolved swiftly.

It was wonderful to read your comments about Gary, he is a great ambassador to our hotel.

I hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Baileys Hotel London in the very near future.