Lowest prices for your stay
$185
Expedia.com$185
Hotels.com$175
Priceline$185
1,693 results
All reviews tube station red hat gloucester road luxury family room lovely hotel directly across the street piccadilly line royal albert hall the natural history museum perfect location single room hyde park lovely room excellent stay afternoon tea kensington doorman
Selected filters
Reviewed September 25, 2019 via mobile

On Sept 16, my husband and I traveled with another couple to the Bailey’s Hotel for a seven day stay. Upon arrival, we tried to check into our precooked room consisting of two beds as did our companions. We were told we had misunderstood the booking and it was for one bed. Our only alternative was to upgrade to another level to get two beds which we did at our expense. However the room would not be available until the next day. Oddly our traveling companions were offered a room immediately with no upgrade fee?! So on 9/17 we moved to another room at our expense. That very evening we encountered a rodent in our room. Upon complaining, we were informed the hotel would work on it!!! No offer of a different room! On 9/18, we again approached the desk about the problem and were told to check back later. As of the evening when we checked on the situation after a day of touring, we were told the exterminators had not returned the hotel’s calls.
Again no offer of a deferent room even though we saw the rodent several times. On 9/19, we forcefully inquired again what the hotel was doing. Their reply was check back!!! After another day of touring Indonesia we returned to check again. The desk clerk informed us , quite rudely that the exterminators had found no rodent. We demanded a new room. Hours later we were finally given a new room. As we were moving ourselves out of the old room, the rodent appeared again and ran around the room in front of my husband and myself!
For the next four days we requested the hotel give us a credit for the disgusting conditions we endured for three days! We were given and extensive run around! Still to this day we have heard nothing from management even after many emails.
Do not stay in this hotel!!!!

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank patriciarE9496TA
FOManagementBaileys, Manager at The Bailey's Hotel London, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2019

Dear patriciarE9496TA,

Thank you for your stay at The Baileys Hotel London.

We want to clarify that we have a pest control system in place. I have checked our CCTV footage to confirm that your husband reported the matter on 19.09.19 to reception.

We immediately reported to our pest control and an inspection was taken place and the report was generated to confirm that no pest activity found on site. We also reported the matter to TripAdvisor and will be more than happy to share the reports with you to further assure you.

Once again thank you for staying with us.

Zeeshan Kalim
Guest Relations

Reviewed September 20, 2019

I am writing this as me and my poor mother have just been woke up by the fire alarm which randomly blasted at full volume (second time today). I wouldn’t be surprised if it caused some elderly client a heart attack.

This isn’t a hotel, it’s a factory. A smelly, ugly factory. When walking inside the lobby, you always walk through horrible smells. The room’s bathroom has as smell. The breakfast is tasteless. The receptionist unprofessional. There is nothing enjoyable about this place. I cannot wait to leave !!

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Marie B
FOManagementBaileys, General Manager at The Bailey's Hotel London, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2019

Dear Marie B,

Thank you for your feedback following your stay at The Baileys Hotel in London.

I do apologise for the inconvenience you encountered during your stay. In regards to the fire alarm raised twice, it is very unfortunate but it is out of our control when an alarm is raised. As fire regulations standards for all hotels, we need to follow procedures in place. For all our guest saftey purpose you need to be informed with the alarm raised.

Our hotel is over 145 years old and is a Victorian building in Kensington. We have received a lot of positive reviews of the architecture. The hotel has also recently been renovated.

I appreciate your comments and hope to have an opportunity of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed September 18, 2019 via mobile

I spent 4 nights at this hotel, with two of my friends. The star rating of the hotel is not real, you feel as though you're in a 3 star hotel. This is a short review, but still, I encourage you to spend your holiday elswere. Don't bring your family to a place where the hotel is going to be a sore subject of conversation during dinners. You're worth more than this. Trust me.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends
3  Thank iamthenortherner
FOManagementBaileys, Manager at The Bailey's Hotel London, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2019

Dear iamthenortherner,

Thank you for your feedback following your stay at The Baileys Hotel in London.

We are sorry to read the challenges you encountered during your stay and would have appreciated an opportunity in discussing the matter with you during your stay.

Could I please request you to contact the hotel and ask for the Duty Manager to further discuss your experience.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Zeeshan Kalim
Guest Relations

Reviewed September 14, 2019

We come every year - and love this place.Service great, probably the funniest concierge of London. Lots of nice restaurants around. We love the Little India restaurant 5 minutes away. Very central, subway just in front.

Room tip: Rooms on upper floors to avoid street noise
Date of stay: April 2019
2  Thank Alexander F
FOManagementBaileys, General Manager at The Bailey's Hotel London, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2019

Dear TrvlWlr,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience at The Baileys Hotel London.

I am delighted to see that you had the opportunity to stay with us and enjoyed the company of our concierge.

The hotel is located in a very central location close to major attractions and to famous restaurants.

We hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back to The Baileys Hotel London.

Reviewed September 14, 2019 via mobile

We had four nights at this beautifully presented hotel. Unfortunately we did not find the staff measured up to our expectations. Check in was not good as we were not assigned a room with shower as requested . Front desk were terse & said they had no note re shower ( I did find my booking later). We then were told that the level of room we had booked due to it having Lounge access that the hotel no longer had a club lounge. No notification of this was sent to us or management didn't see that this might matter to us - which it did!
Fortunately Joan came to our rescue & understanding why we were upset worked hard & got us into a lovely suite. This was good but we still feel that small changes would make a huge difference. Like the fact you only get bottled water on the first night & even in the suite we had to ask to get pods for the coffee machine after the first night.
Breakfast for us was also disappointing - quite chaotic & a sparse buffet. Cooked foods not on the buffet were extra! Also forget it if you need GF - no provision beyond toast if you are willing to wait .Also asked for bottled water at breakfast & charged accordingly.
However the hotel itself is beautiful, rooms spotless & linen good. This hotel could be among the best just with a little attention to small details which are what really matters in the end. Thank you Joan for saving our stay.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank holiday-lover27

Dear holiday-lover27,

Thank you for your posting a review on Trip Advisor following your recent stay.

I very much value your feedback as this allows us to review our facilities and services to make the necessary changes for the benefit of all our guests. I am glad Joan looked after you during your stay.

We would be more than happy to discuss your review further, if you could kindly contact the hotel direct at your convenience.

I trust we will have the opportunity to speak with you and also to restore your faith in our product and services.

Kind regards,