Lowest prices for your stay
$205
Expedia.com$175
Hotels.com$175
travelup.com
1,694 results
All reviews tube station red hat gloucester road luxury family room lovely hotel directly across the street piccadilly line royal albert hall the natural history museum perfect location single room hyde park lovely room excellent stay afternoon tea kensington doorman
Selected filters
Reviewed August 22, 2019 via mobile

This is a amazing hotel rooms always very clean breakfast always fresh front of house staff always ready to assist . Concierge very helpful and has never let me down arranging trip , transport and restaurants. I have even meet the G M of the hotel Kim very nice helpful lady who acts quickly if I have any problems in all if I could give this hotel 6* would . Highly recommend this hotel

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
5  Thank saeeda329
FOManagementBaileys, General Manager at The Bailey's Hotel London, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2019

Dear saeeda329,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Bailey's London. We are glad that you had a good stay with us.

The team and I were thrilled to read such kind words. We are delighted that you enjoyed an excellent stay, and experienced great service from the team.

I do hope we are able to welcome you back again to the hotel sometime in the future to experience another wonderful stay.

Kind regards,

Reviewed August 21, 2019

Loved the location and the service. The rooms were clean and very comfortable. I've stayed at a few London hotels and by far this is the best value. Close to the metro and Starbucks! Had some guests come to the bar, which is very friendly and a lovely place to hang out.

Date of stay: August 2019
4  Thank JLM55

Dear JLM55,

Thank you for the fantastic review!! I am delighted you enjoyed the hotel so much and in particular the rooms and the location.

Thank you also for especially highlighting the helpfulness from the team - this is what The Baileys Hotel London is all about.

We look forward to welcoming you soon to The Baileys Hotel London.

Best Regards,

Reviewed August 19, 2019

I hope people won’t choose to stay here. You can find so many nice hotels in London. Worst was the rude staff. You felt unwelcome from the moment that you enter. The room we got was small, hot and far away. We spent more time walking inside the hotel then walking from the subway. During the night I got woken y people screaming outside my room. It was hotel staff talking in phone. The also used the fire escape to smoky just outside my window. Breakfast was a mess. Bad food and slow service. The hotel bar was full of people eating food from the supermarket and staff didn’t care when I entered. Asked to leave after the first night but couldn’t get a refund so I stayed! I could write a lot more but I hope you get the point.

To sum it up if you want rude staff, a small room and a bad sleep this is your place!

Trip type: Traveled on business
10  Thank Manonamission11
Vacation45384364832, Front Office Manager at The Bailey's Hotel London, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2019

Dear Manonamission11,

May I apologise on behalf of the Front Office Manager who did not respond to your feedback and thank you for doing so.

The Bailey's is a Grade II listed property and unfortunately we are unable to change the layout so some rooms are further from Reception than others.

Along with myself, a new Food & Beverage Service Manager has been appointed to focus on Customer service and service delivery.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your views and I do hope that the improvements are noticed soon.

Kind regards
Justin

Reviewed August 11, 2019

Older hotel, but well-maintained and modernized. Really lovely lobby area with a beautiful curving staircase. Right across the street from the Gloucester tube station. Restaurants and shopping nearby. Despite some of the comments that follow, we would stay here again. We had a "Luxury" room, and ended up with a corner room with a king bed and small seating area. It was very nice except that there was very little storage space. There was the closet plus a couple of small drawers in the nightstands, and that was it. Do they expect people are living out of their suitcases? We were there during London's recent heatwave when the temperatures were in the high 80s and 90s, and while our room had air-conditioning, it was not really able to keep up with the excess heat, so we were a little too warm. When I booked our room, it was supposed to come with access to a lounge...but we arrived to find that there was no more lounge - it was being converted to a gym. Our "compensation" was two bottles of water in our room each day plus a certificate that could be redeemed for one drink per day (soft drink, house wine or beer) in the bar. Breakfast was also included with our room, and it was decent, with a reasonable selection of hot and cold offerings - though the scrambled eggs were a little under-cooked for our liking. We had afternoon tea in the restaurant one afternoon and that was quite lovely. There was an excellent selection of tea sandwiches and desserts, plus two different kinds of scones. The price was competitive as well.

3  Thank LauraG050
FOManagementBaileys, General Manager at The Bailey's Hotel London, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2019

Dear LauraG050,

Thank you for taking your time to review The Baileys Hotel London.

We are happy to read you enjoyed most aspect of your stay and appreciate you bringing to my attention the challenges you encountered.

In regards, to the room allocated I can assure you that all our luxury rooms are the same size, however due to our hotel being historic the room layout differ from each other and should you have required a room with more space we could have shown you our Junior suites with ample spaces however a supplement fee would have applied. The room that you described is one of our brightest rooms which has amazing views.

Our lounge has recently closed and the closure of the lounge was notified in advance. We are making a brand new gym which will be functional soon to our guests. Also our lounge only served soft drinks and no alcohol beverages.

I am happy to read you enjoyed the breakfast and afternoon tea with us.

Once again, thank you for your valuable feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best regards,

Reviewed August 10, 2019 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights in July. The room was good, tastefully furnished. There was a bit of a bad damp smell from the bathroom which got really bad at night. Beds are comfy and for London the room wasn’t a bad size. Good view over Gloucester Road. The location is great opposite the tube. Breakfast was good but service is very poor. Things had ran out, glasses orange juice and tea and coffee took a ridiculously long time to be served. Lots of staff chatting in the centre of the restaurant but doing very little. Bar staff were good. Overall some good some bad.

2  Thank Tootser12
FOManagementBaileys, General Manager at The Bailey's Hotel London, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2019

Dear Tootser12,

Thank you for your feedback following your stay at The Baileys Hotel London.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and also found the location to your convenience.

I appreciate you bringing to my attention the service during breakfast not being to your expectation, which I will certainly be following up on.

Once again thank you for choosing The Baileys Hotel London and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Best regards,