“Excellent!!”

Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge
Ranked #354 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed June 20, 2014

First of all, I went to Le Chinois a few times (the restaurant) and I was amazed by the quality of the food and the service. I went the first time purely because it was convenient - I was in Knightsbridge and I wasn't sure where to meet a friend for lunch, so I suggested there, since we were both keen on Chinese food; and we wanted to avoid the crowds and the queues at Harvey Nicks! I was so happy with the menu, that I have kept it as a regular, almost every time I am in the area.
It is nothing like the greasy/cheap chinese you would get in Soho! It is so fresh, delicious, beautifully presented, served in the most friendly manner, that you must try it and go back!

Then, my partner organised our anniversary last month, and booked a room at the hotel, as he knows how much I love the restaurant. It was absolutely fantastic! The rooms feel luxurious but not OTT, it is clean, fresh, classy, A TREAT.

It took me a while to review this place, because I hardly review to be honest. But now I am about to book a table for a lunch meeting next week, I thought I should recommend it to others who may be looking for a lovely place to hang out for leisure or business, as they are actually quite hard to find these days (unless you are a member of a club..)

I am hard to please! So trust me when I say give it a go!

Oh and special thanks to Berline, our lovely waiter almost every time :) Great humour, perfect service!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank LisaGDS
Jean-BaptisteNoel, General Manager at Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2014

Thank you for writing your review regarding Millennium Hotel Knightsbridge and our restaurant Le Chinois. As an avid customer in Le Chinois, may I say thank you and I am delighted that you enjoy dining with us. I am thrilled that you and your partner celebrated your anniversary at the hotel and I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

There are newer reviews for Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge

Reviewed June 14, 2014

Last time I stayed at the hotel I gave it a 4 star, now i have downgraded to 2, equivalent to travel lodge is a fair comment. 300 quid a night?, no thank you.

1. no help with my luggage to room
2. terrible and rude check-in staff (I presume that they have so many to look after that they go into computer mode)
3. room service 1, very good. nice guy.
4. room service 2. atrocious. I ordered a full english breakfast with poached eggs. Only poached eggs arrived. i asked them to come back with the order. They came back 35 minutes later with the full english (which was very poor) and with the same eggs id sent back. They were cold and solid. Come on really poor.
5. checking out. - no thank you for staying, no asking how it was....

Not nice. Only reason i give a 2 is the location and door staff, otherwise a 1.

I wont be going back but i guess due to location, they wont care.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank ISR78
Jean-BaptisteNoel, General Manager at Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2014

Having read your feedback, firstly please let me offer my sincere apologies. The standard of service was certainly lacking on this occasion and as you are previous guest, you are familiar with the service we aspire too. Your feedback has been disseminated to the relevant Heads of Department to assess their procedures to ensure our values of offering outstanding service are consistent. Certainly, we value our guests and are very disappointed when they have not departed with the Millennium experience as it should be. I do hope that you will visit us again, to enable us to restore your faith in us.

Reviewed June 10, 2014 via mobile

The location is very very nice in a heart of night bridge all boutiques in the same street only a few minute to horrors and Harvey Nichols also the famous restaurant in london the staff are friendly but the room is too small and cheap furniture .

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank fayonah

Thank you for staying with us here at the Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge and that you found the location of the hotel ideally suited to your needs. I am sorry that the allocation of your room was not to your expectations. Should you visit London again, I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed June 4, 2014

Centrally located at the heart of the Knightsbridge shopping district. Underground (subway), buses and taxis readily available. The Piccadilly underground line is located right next to the hotel, connecting you directly to (and from) terminals 1,2,3 and 5 at Heathrow. A short walk to Hyde Park, Albert Royal Hall and the Museum of Natural History complex. Some pubs, restaurants and a casino are located within a couple of blocks. Unlike other European cities, however, London tends to go to bed early. By 11PM the area is dead and a bit creepy. The hotel bar/restaurant also closes at 11.
The rooms are small, clean, quiet and comfortable. Internet and parking are available, but ridiculously expensive; better rent a MiFi from TEP and pick it up at the airport when you arrive. There is only one computer at the business center, and it is nearly impossible to get to it during normal times.
This nightly rate is quite expensive, but on par with other hotels in the area.
Good choice if you want to stay for a short period, do not mind a small room, have some business (or pleasure) planned in the neighborhood, and want to take advantage of the direct subway connection to the airport.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
Jean-BaptisteNoel, General Manager at Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2014

Thank you for staying with us and that you found the hotel ideally located not only for shopping but for transport to and from London Heathrow. In comparison to other parts of London, in particular the West End, Knightsbridge does become quieter later in the evening, however; with regular transport, be it black cabs, buses or the tube, you are not restricted to the Knightsbridge area. With regards to our bars, Le Chinois is open until 10.30pm with our Tangerine Café Bar open until 1am. I do hope that we will the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed June 3, 2014

I stayed at the Millenium hotel for two nights 20-22 May. The hotel is well located close to premium shopping and the atmosphere and the staff is very friendly and nice to deal with. Raid in the reception, in particular, went out of his say to help me to get a new room, when I first was put up in a smoking room. Do not book this hotel if you are after a culinary adventure, at lest not breakfast wise. In other respects a very pleasant experience.

1  Thank Reluctant_2000

I am pleased to hear that overall your stay with us was an enjoyable one. However, I am disappointed that your experience of breakfast was not to your expectations, this we review on a regular basis to ensure variety and freshness of our products.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

Good hotel in a very handy location 5 minutes walk from Harrods, with helpful staff. I have stayed their 3 times for both business and social trips and always found the overall experience good value. Rooms and bathrooms are nicely decorated in a period / cottage manner and very compact but - thats London for you.

1  Thank Dean W

Thank you for staying with us and I am thrilled that once again you enjoyed your visit. We look forward to you returning in the future.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Set in a very good location close to Harrods, Tube, Harvey Nicks etc this hotel has quite an unremarkable front entrance, but once inside it perked up a bit. The staff were excellent and very helpful. The rooms were a bit shabby and small it had to be said. The bathroom was accessed by a sliding door and the basin sealant was peeling in places. In addition it was quite hard to find a 240v socket to plug in chargers or laptops. The switch arrangement in the room for lights tv etc had novelty value but was difficult to operate in darkness..

Breakfast was buffet style and vey busy on the days we attended. Food ran out quickly and was not automatically replaced (unless we asked & it took time).

So great location and if you don't mind the rough edges, it is definitely not the worst hotel I have stayed in, but I have been in better at a similar price close to this location

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Jean-BaptisteNoel, General Manager at Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2014

It is always disappointing to hear that we did not live up to your expectations and also our own standards on this occasion and I apologise for the lack of service during breakfast. With regard to the rooms and the plug sockets, this is an area we are looking at to improve the facilities we offer to our guests. As we are ideally located in Knightsbridge, I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.