“Where do I start....”

Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge
Ranked #382 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

Ok, let's begin with the £220 per night room only for one adult. Fair enough you say, given the location until you enter the room, and can barely walk around the bed, as it's so small.
The carpet is threadbare, and the TV inexplicably only showing terrestrial in faded black and white 'BBC1 not available'.
But it's late, and you're tired so just want a cup of something warm and then bed. But there's only coffee and PG Tips. Ok, just still water then. At £3.90 for a small bottle.
Give up and head for bed. Plug by phone in by the bed..... Hey! They're old-style three pin plugs by the bed! Still, the room's small enough, I can plug it in on the other side of the bedroom, and still reach it from where I lie.
Small mercies.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank MrsMoon
Jean-BaptisteNoel, General Manager at Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2013

Whilst your feedback is appreciated, I am disapponted to read of the issues you incurred whilst staying with us.

I am delighed to confirm that we have a programme in place to renew all our bedroom carpets and where we are re-decorating our rooms, we will be installing new plug sockets for ease of access. Unfortunately, I cannot explain the reasons behind the TV, although this has been bought to the attention of my Facilities Manager and our supplier to investigate.

Please accept my sincere apologies as this is not the lasting memory we wish for your guests to go away with.

Kind regards

Write a ReviewReviews (1,374)

Reviewed November 4, 2013

I've stayed at the Millennium in Knightsbridge for an extended weekend in October 2013.The room was comfortable and clean with a nice view of London. The concierge looked after all that I asked for and to top it off, I got the WIFI for free. Breakfast buffet was perfect and seemed never-ending. I would recommend this hotel without any issues!
The hotel is nestled smack dab near Top Shop, Harrod's and close to all shopping streets. The underground is conveniently located 1 minute away at the corner. Transport also available by bus as the stop is right around the corner.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank trinihoney

We are very proud of our hotel and its location which is ideally suited for shopping and sightseeing in London.

Our breakfast buffet has a wide selection to cater for most pallets and I am pleased to see that you enjoyed our offering.

I do hope you will make the Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge your choice of hotel on your next visit to London.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

I have been staying at this hotel for over 30 years .Its changed names 3 times in that time . its the best location for shopping with Harrods out its back door and every high end world merchant at its front. the amazing thing is as time goes on with any business people retire or move on for change . But here the staff is always top shelf and has always got your back covered from lost passports to last minute supper reservations . a new great in house Chinese restaurant . On this one weeks stay upon arrival it was found my reservations were totally screwed up .. thanks to an outside vendor .. however Sam who's worked there for 20 years and Raed they after a great effort on their part remedied the situation . Its nice to know there's a hotel where your not just a name on a credit card but a customer they really care for .

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank bruce a

Firstly, thanky you for your loyalty to the Millennium hotel London Knightsbridge and its predecessor's as a regular guest, spaning over 30 years.

The emphasis here is on providing excellent service to all our guests and where possible, going that extra mile to ensure satisfaction guaranteed and your gratitude regarding Sam and Raid has been fed back to them personally.

We are very fortaunte with our Chinese restaurant, Le Chinois which is very successful due to the high calibre of cuisine we offer and the restaurant team.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

I like staying at the Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge because of its friendly and helpful staff. Raid , a night shift receptionist is a plus to the other day time receptionists as I saw him changing a room to a guest who was given a noisy room. I appreciated this gesture as being a frequent client I had same treatment previously.

Room Tip: Twin rooms are larger
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Frances R

As a regular guest and on this occasion as an observer to the service we extend to our guests, your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Where unforeseen circumstances arise, we endeavour in all cases to resolve the issue quickly and efficiently as possible, thus inconveniencing the guest further.

We look forward to your continued loyalty and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

We spent two nights after our wedding to the millennium Knightsbridge hotel. All the hotel staff made us feel very welcome and special. They offered us a complimentary bottle of champagne with a personal wishes card and gave us access to the club lounge that we used for our photo shoot after the ceremony. I would certainly recommend this hotel for special occasions.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Haris Z

Congratulations once again to you both and we are honoured that we were able to share this happy occasion with you and I trust you have wonderful memories of your special day.

Wishing you the very best for the future and that you will visit us again.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

Stayed for one night recently and picked the hotel due to its location primarily, although cost did play a factor.

We drove in to London and arrived at the hotel mid evening. Struggling for somewhere to park, the concierge came to our assistance and arranged for us to use the hotel's own car park at a fraction of the usual cost which was not only a great relief but also facilitated our appointment the next day.

Reception staff were very friendly and polite as were all of the other members of staff we had dealings with.

We ate at the Chinese restaurant and thoroughly enjoyed the food.

The only thing that let the experience of staying at the hotel down for us was the room. As our stay was more functional than special event we didnt need anything 'special' so had just booked a standard double.

The room was quite shabby in places and not what we expected looking at hotel photos. The room was really quite small too which made staying in it quite a squeeze. The window had an aluminium frame and it had obviously not been cleaned for some time as the frame was grimy and damp around the edges. As it wasn't double glazed it also allowed noise from the road. The overall impression was this it was in dire need of redecorating and updating.

I accept that the hotel has many rooms and maybe we were just unlucky on this occasion but if we were to stay there again I'd want some assurances that the room not only met our satisfaction but was also worth the cost.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MaldivesJunkie

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay.

I am pleased to hear that on your initial arrival and throughout your stay you were met with polite and professional service and you enjoyed the experience of dining in our restaurant. However, I am disappointed to learn that your room did not meet with your expectations. I can confirm we are in the midst of redecorating our rooms and should you wish to stay with us again, I would ask you to contact me directly.

I do hope that I will have the opportunity to personally co-ordinate your future reservation.

Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

Had a really good stay. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful and I felt they were genuinely trying to look after me.
The hotel was conveniently located and 5mins walking from Knightsbridge tube station.
On arrival my room wasn't ready and the friendly receptionist upgraded me to a suite which was more than what I had expected.
Suite was very nice, clean and comfortable.
The only criticism I would have (if it is really one?!) is that the bar closes way to early for hotel guests...but thank god to room service!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your feedback and I am delighted that we exceeded your expectations.

I do hope that you will visit us again when visiting London in the future.