“Great staff attitude”

Ranked #356 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Great staff attitude”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

I travelled with my 5 year old daughter on her first overseas holiday to London (my favourite destination in the world). I booked through londontown.com and got a really great rate and we were upgraded on arrival. The staff are willing, able, friendly and a true reflection of a 4 star hotel (anywhere in the world). They went out of their way to make sure we had a happy stay. Room service was great even by the standard of a 5 yr old's uninitiated tastebuds. The room though was not really as great as I though it would be. The bathrooms are clean, but really tiny (even by London's standards), and the room was quite bright and sunny, but a little claustrophobic. Don't get me wrong, there was nothing really wrong with the room, it was just not up to my expectation in terms of what the room would have cost had I paid the 'normal' price according to their website rates. All, in all though it was a wonderful stay and Martha, Stephanie, and Erikas were really great. I would stay there again in terms of the staff service levels.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Jean-BaptisteNoel, General Manager at Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Thank you for your review and I am sorry to learn that the room was not to your expecation.

We pride ourselves on giving outstanding service to our guests and I am delighted that our Front of House, Marta, Stephanie and Erikas ensured you had a wonderful time.

I do hope that you will visit us again.

Kind regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (207)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

Top class hotel, I really couldn't fault it. Excellent service and great food! The location is fantastic 2 minutes walk from Knightsbridge tube station. Harrods is within walking distance 2 minutes walk from rear exit of hotel or 5 minutes walk it you exit at the front. Also it's on same road as all the designer shops and Harvey Nichols!

• Stayed May 2013
We are ideally located for a visit to Harrods, Harvey Nichols and other exclusive fashion houses.

Customer service is at the core of each team member of the hotel and it pleases me that you received the very best during your visit with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Bracknell
Reviewed May 6, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for my husbands birthday during mid April. I would like to say a big thank you to Beth Kasahan for helping me organise an upgrade. We were upgraded to a suite. the room was beautiful and luxurious with amazing views of London. Beth also arranged for us to be sent cake and bubbles on the Sunday morning which was my husbands birthday. The hotel is a few minutes walk to Harrods and Knightsbridge station. We had a lovely stay at this hotel and really felt that the staff went out of their way to make our stay special. Wish we could have stayed at least another night. We will definitely stay there again when we are next in London.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
I am delighted that Bath ensured your stay with us exceeded your expectations and that you have wonderful memories of this occasion.

It only leaves me to say, we very much look forward to giving you a warm welcome on your return visit.

Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for one night whilst celebrating a birthday at a restaurant around the corner. Really close to the tube and surrounded by all the finest shops.
The room and service left a lot to be desired though. Our first room was extremely dusty and had a torn, threadbare carpet. I called down to reception to ask to be moved and was told that all the rooms would be dusty....
We were moved to another dusty room but by this stage we needed to leave for our dinner reservation. The only disappointment was when the porter came to move us i wanted to point out the ripped carpet (801) and he couldn't seem to care less. Such a shame.

• Stayed May 2013
Your feedback has been forwarded to my Executive Housekeeper and Facilities Manager and I am disappointed that we appear to have fallen short on our service standards on this occasion.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity to redeem ourselves on a future visit.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 4, 2013

stayed in the hotel for one night for a night out in london. We experienced great service throughout by all the staff during our stay. exceptional food in the tangerine bar area. An excellent base to explore london and will strongly recommend it to all my friends

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank wuandafu
Your recommendation is much appreciated and I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Millennium Hotel London Knightsbridge where a warm welcome awaits you.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed May 3, 2013

This is a lovely hotel located in a very central area. The staff are friendly and helpful and the Concierge recommended and booked some fantastic local restaurants for me. The tube station is close by, but I was easily able to walk to attractions and shopping areas. I would definitely stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Olivia H
We are very proud of our hotel and its location. I am pleased that you had the opportunity to experience our friendly staff and the service that we offer here and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Kiev
Reviewed May 2, 2013

We were two girls under 30 in London with big shopping plans. Location could not be better, staff could not be nicer. I must admit the rooms are really small. T first we were given a double bed, which was so small, a child would hardly be comfortable there alone. We on plainer t reception, they changed the room straight away to the one with two single beds (maybe, put a request from the start?). They also gave us free Internet and access to the club lounge. We were really grateful

Room Tip: Don't take the lowest category