See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed October 4, 2017

I booked this hotel for its location and the fact that the photos on the website looked nice. I wasn't looking for 5* but i wanted somewhere at least pleasant. On the day before the booking, I was called and informed that we had to stay in their other hotel in Kings Cross due to "maintenance issues". I agreed due to the last minute nature of the change and also because the man on the phone confirmed the hotel was of the same standard.

On arrival at the Kings Cross hotel, we were greeted by a room which was extremely dingy, so small that you can even open the door fully, and very badly kept. We decided to stay elsewhere as it was in no way representative of the room we originally booked, and the lady at reception confirmed we would get a refund (due to the move).

It's been over a week now and we still haven't received any response to multiple emails requesting the refund, and no one seems to answer their phones.

Overall, I would bother with the SO company at any of their hotels as they don't seem to care about their customers.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sheridan83
Reviewed September 29, 2017 via mobile

Dusty and dirty tiny room, couldn't even half open the door as the bed was in the way. Kettle broken. Ceiling light faulty. Lampshades not fitted properly. Carpet filthy. Part of the door frame was missing. No hooks or mirrors to use. Shower room so small that you couldn't get in and close the door (I'm a size 12 and struggled) no shelves at all. Wobbly tap, curtains hanging by a thread. Clear plastic table covers in the breakfast room really classy! Given a one point rating as the system would accept my review with a zero rate. Complained to customer services, no reply.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Janeatderby
Reviewed September 20, 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for three nights. Had wanted ro cancel the booking a while ago as needed to be elsewhere. They were not cooperative as hooking was not direct. Not at all flexible even though I gave them enough time. So I stayed and traveled long distance every day as it was non refundable. Now i know why... no way will I be a return client. They even forgot to wake me up for my morning flight. Thank God I woke up and just about made it... Phew. What an experience

Stayed: September 2017, traveled solo
2  Thank rnjn
Reviewed September 4, 2017

Stay was nice, stayed there for 3 weeks, nice helpful staff "Tania" to mention. Nice breakfast and good cleaning service every morning.

Nice mid place location and good access to Tube stations, view is also good from the rooms

Room Tip: Best location just next to paddington station
  • Stayed: December 2016, traveled on business
Reviewed September 1, 2017

Hotel is in need of some work. The room we had was very poor and we will not return. We booked cheap as we planned on being out of the room and using it just as a place to sleep but even for that I wouldn't recommend it. There were stains on the bed, carpet, walls and towels and the bathroom was horrendous.

Staff we're friendly and helpful and the hotel location is fantastic and would definitely stay in Paddington again, but not here!

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple