“Wonderful”

Ranked #404 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Erbil, Iraq
“Wonderful”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014

It was very nice staying in this hotel, I got benefit from a discount for 2 days in march, it dropped from 160 pp to 64 pp for a couple of nights. It was a very clean hotel with very good service. what I dislike is charging me when I ordered the breakfast to my room

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB

Byron W, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Mornington Hotel, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Dear Ranj Kanaan R
Thank you very for taking the time to share your experience with us on tripadvisor. We appreciate all the feedback that we get as it is the most useful tool we have to improve the stays of future guests.
I am delighted that you have enjoyed your stay with us. I have noted your comments about the Tray charge for room service. We have a tray charge to cover the additional cost of delivering breakfast to the room.
Once again thank you for your feedback. I look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in London.
Email: byron.wilson@mornington.co.uk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Belfast, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014

Really disappointed with our room, there was no room to put our cases so we had to walk over them to get to and from the bathroom, the bed was only accessible from one side, so my husband had to climb over me to get out.
Sheets on arrival had stains which they did change once we complained, but very disappointing.

2 Thank Nuala S
Dear Nuala S
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us on tripadvisor. I appreciate all the feedback that we get and we will go through the feedback on a daily basis as it helps us to improve the experience for future guests.
I am sorry that on this occasion we did not meet your expectations. I appreciate your comments about the size of the room. Whilst in comparrsion to hotels outside of London our rooms are small they are slightly above the average one can expect in a 4 star hotel in London with Doubles at 13.5 Square meters. As we are an old building each room has a unique size and layout.
I hope that you will reconsider and give us another opportunity when you are next in London.
Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

I am writing this review whilst I am staying here. I came here with reasonable expectations after reading the reviews. Unfortunately I found the drain to the shower blocked so I was unable to take my usual shower after my long journey. I called reception and they advised that they would not be able to get someone in until 8am tomorrow. To be honest I expected that. However what was unexpected was the lack of an apology and no conciliatory attempt to appease my disappointment. The best I got was that I could call for more towels to absorb the overflow!! I am stay in 304 with the single bed. I should have gone to my usual...Premier Inn with whom I have more than 40 times and have always received a great customer experience.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank GoldSandman
Dear GoldSandman
Please accept my apologies for the blocked drain in your room. I have spoken to my housekeeping team to ensure that we are checking the drains daily to ensure that this does not happen again.
Our reception team have also looked at how they could show more compassion and understanding.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014

Convenient location just 5 mins walk from Paddington Station. The room was a small single room, very clean and situated in a quiet location. Check-in and check-out was very quick and all members of staff served me with a smile. I will definitely use this hotel again when I'm next in town on a budget. I bought the room direct from the hotels website as this was the cheapest price I could find.

Room Tip: Buy direct from the hotels website, they also send you a discount code for 10% off your next stay.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank BankofPapa
Byron W, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Mornington Hotel, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Dear BankofPapa
I am delighted that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that you found the best rate on our website. We aim to give the best value for money in the area and check our competitors prices daily to ensure that we are the cheapest.
Sweden
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2014

Nice "boutique stylish" hotel, very close to Lancaster Gate and a short walk from Paddington station. Clean and fresh room, great breakfast. Very helpful and kind staff.
One of the few times I stayed in central London and felt I get more than I paid fore.
Will return!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Byron W, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Mornington Hotel, responded to this review, March 2, 2014
Dear JensOlsson
I am delighted that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that we offered great value for money. We check our prices daily to ensure that we are cheaper than our competitor hotels. To get the very best deal please visit our website where you will find the cheapest rates that we have.
Once again thank you for your feedback,. I look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in London.
jhb
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2014

room was like harry porter's broom closet. No complementary water or hair conditioner, broken down elavator, broken hair dryer. It was generally poor. Be prepared to just pay up for the location, nothing else.

Room Tip: Dont choose room 303
Dear Zinzi M
I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations on this visit. We have decided not to provide complimentary water as the water is safe to drink out of the tap and we want to manage our costs so we can provide items desired by the majority of guests whilst maintaining great value for money. If guests desire mineral water we have this available from the bar.
I am sorry that you did not let us know at the time of the issues you had. We have checked all the hairdryers and they are all working. It is most likely that because there is a switch on the wall as well as on the hairdryer as to why it did not work.
I have also reminded housekeeping to ensure that the toiletries are correct. We do provide conditioner in all rooms and I can only apologise that there was none in your room.
In regards to the elevator I have checked back through the logs. Generally speaking out elevators are very reliable. From time to time the Doors will get knocked and this will put the elevator out of service. We have had 3 instances of this in 2014. In each instance we have had the elevator back up and running in less than 90 minutes.
I have noted your comments about ants and I thank you for taking the time to speak with me about this. We had our Pest control partner come and inspect the room. We were not able to find any however we have sprayed the room as a precaution. From time to time we will get a problem with pests mainly due to insects being bought in inadvertently with a guest’s luggage. Please be assured that we do take this seriously and we have had our Pest Control partner train our housekeeping team on how to identify any issues so that we can get it treated immediately.

Once again please accept my apologies for not meeting your expectations. I hope that you will let me know if there is anything we can do to make sure you give us a second chance.
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2014

The mantra for the hotel seems to be 'simplicity.'

The rooms are clean and in our experience, mostly quiet. There was apparently a draft horse staying in the room upstairs from us that made all manner of noise walking around, but even horses have to stay somewhere on holiday/business, right? The elevator made a bit of noise as well, but nothing that kept me awake at night.

Our room (214) could be defined as rather small, even by London standards. But it's clean, comfortable, with a nice television and extensive channel selection. Good water pressure in the shower with plenty of hot water. You have two different types of pillows on the bed (or in our case two different types on each side of the bed), which was a surprising and nice touch.

You can forge steel with the hair dryer. Damned thing gets HOT!

We didn't use the breakfast services at all.

The staff were helpful. They didn't grab our bags and insist on personally showing us to our room or anything, but they were friendly and took care of check-in and check-out pretty quickly.

Their little pub/library area is cozy with comfy furiture.

The only complaints I have are pretty minor. The free W-Fi is hilariously slow and useless at times. The ventilation in the bathroom is pretty much non-existent. When two people take hot showers back to back, you'll have to open the window to let the steam out, otherwise you're in a sauna.

Room Tip: May want to ask for a room away from the elevators. Ours seemed to be a little on the noisy side.
1 Thank Scott G
Dear Scott G
I am delighted that you have enjoyed your stay with us. I have noted your comments about noise, Wifi and Bathroom ventilation. We are looking at solutions to the noise although this will only be addressed in the longer terms due to the building being over 200 years old. I am awaiting feedback from our Wifi provider in regards to your comments about slowness, it will partially be addressed in April when BT will install fibre optic cabling in the local area. We are also looking at the bathroom ventilation. There is a fine balance regarding the noise generated from the extract and the noise that it will generate. Obviously we need to work on this balance.
Once again thank you for your feedback, your comments are very constructive and help us a lot. I look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in London.