Best Western Mornington Hotel
$200
  • Restaurant
Hampton by Hilton London Waterloo(London)(Great Value!)
$202
  • Pool
$208
$195
  • Restaurant
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
$166
$231
$400
  • Pool
London House Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
$132
$111
Agoda.com
Park Grand London Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
$155
$200
$189
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewslancaster gateclose to hyde parklibrary barsingle roomcentral linebayswater roadwinter wonderlandbreakfast staffmarble archminute walkbreakfast roomheathrow expressironing boardkensington gardenssmall roomexcellent breakfastquiet street
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Stayed here one night since I needed to be close to Paddington.
Room was quiet facing the backyard and the bed comfortable. Yes, the room was small but for a short stay that is ok. Short walk through residential neighbourhood to Queensway with lots of restaurant.
Reception staff swift and friendly.
I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Byron W, General Manager at Best Western Mornington Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Dear MarieMalmo
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. Your comments help us improve the experience for future guests by letting us know what was good and what needs to improve.
I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and you will stay again when you are next in London.
Once again thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

We booked a double room with a bath. Well, we got a a small bath OK but the room was really a single room with a double bed in it. The bed was right next to the window so that would have meant one person had to climb over the other to get in and out of the bed. I complained immeadiately and we were given a much better room with a shower.
The breakfast was quite good however there was no warm plates to put the cooked breakfast on.
The staff were all friendly and efficient and the hotel was quiet.
I have stayed in hundreds of hotels world wide. This one was rated as four stars but felt more like a three star to me.

Room Tip: Dont ask for a room with a bath as these tend to be the smaller rooms in the hotel.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Dear 7csailer
I am sorry that on this occasion we did not meet your expecatations. We have rooms of veering sizes. I am pleased that we were able to find a room that was suitable for your requirements. I would like to know what else we could do to meet your expectations of a 4 star hotel.
Once again thank you for your feedback. I hope to welcoming you back when you are next in London.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

I have stayed at many London hotels and Mornington is one of the best mid range ones.

THIS WAS VERY GOOD:
Room: Refurbished, nicely decorated, very comfortable bed (ok, I was alone and with two people sharing the queen size bed maybe had been to narrow), big wide screen TV, thick curtains to shut out the light and noise, good heating (also works as air con in the summer).
Bathroom: All tiled, great pressure in the shower, free toileteries.
Breakfast: Full English breakfast (choise of eggs) and even fresh-pressed orange juice. But no whole grain bread :(
Location: Tube - Paddington or Lancaster Gate. Night bus stop very close. Just by Hyde Park - great for a morning walk or jog.
Staff: Reception staff very helpful and nice.

THIS WAS BAD:
At breakfast I was very rudely asked to pay before I ate, although breakfast was included in the room price and already paid for. I explained this to the breakfast staff but the woman was very assertive and upheld she had double checked. I had to go up to the reception and bring down the very nice man who could explain I was right. And did I get an apology? Yes, from the receptionist but not from the breakfast staff...

All in all my stay was top! There are always people working at places where they shouldn't be.

Regards,

Sari Hänninen
Tullinge, Sweden

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Sari H
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. I have noted your comments about the breakfast. We have instigated additional training for the Front Office team so the reservations are correctly entered. We have also added a new pre arrival check to ensure that we pick up any errors prior to arrival so that we get the billing and inclusions correct.
Once again thank you for your feedback. I look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in London.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

I spent three nights here in late December. The price is very reasonable considering the location, a short walk from Paddington, which is great if you're using the Heathrow express. The rooms are small, but no smaller than you'd expect for this price range in central London. I got a double, which was comfortable for one person, cramped for two.

The one major drawback of this hotel, one which would probably stop me coming back despite the convenience and value, is the noise level. The room doors close with a loud bang, and the rooms are not well sound-proofed. So I would get woken up several times a night (and early in the morning) by the door of the neighboring room. The guest wasn't deliberately slamming it, just letting it close to - but it was loud enough to make the wall shake. Quite a nasty shock being woken from a deep sleep by such a loud noise - as loud as if it was my own door.

Other criticisms - the wi-fi is very poor, not good enough for Skype calls. The breakfast may be good (I didn't try it), but if you don't book in advance (I didn't, not being 100% sure I'd wake up on time) it's 15 quid, which is just too much for a hotel in this price range. I had quite a lot of work to do that required internet access. I was able to get everything done, but lost several hours due to disconnecting/reconnecting and waiting for pages to load at dial-up speed.

If you want the heating adjusted you have to call reception and tell them what temperature you want, which is not a problem, but is slightly strange - and something they could explain to guests at check-in.

All that said - if you're a sound sleeper or don't mind using ear plugs, and don't need a particularly good internet connection, this is actually a very nice hotel. Clean, well equipped, with friendly and helpful staff. And a nice common room and bar area.

If they would install quieter doors or improve the sound-proofing, I would come back here.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank GarryOwen78

Dear GarryOwen78
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us on Tripadvisor. Your comments let us know what is important for our guests and help us improve the experience for future guests.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. I have noted your commenst aboput teh noise and internet.
We have been working with our Internet provider to resolve the problems with the speed. We believe that we have found problems and will have a faulty router replaced this week.
In regards to the noise I understand your concerns. We have implemented additional floor checks in an effort to ensure that there is minimal noise coming from other guests.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

This is a perfect hotel if you want a very well located , well appointed hotel near theatre land or the West End. The hotel itself has just undergone a complete re-furbishment and the rooms are excellent , comfortable and stylish. The location is very quiet considering you are so close to central London and it represents real value for money.

Absolutely loved it and pleased we chose it after looking around at other alternatives.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top floor , same price but really quiet and characterful.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Chalkie46
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us on Tripadvisor. Your feedback allows us to make the right decisions to improve the experience for all future guests.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. We do appreciate it when our guests take the time to post positive experiences so we can continue to focus on what we do well