“Really great stay!”

Best Western Mornington Hotel
Ranked #397 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed September 4, 2012

The reason I give this hotel a 5/5 is because I have nothing negative to say. It doesn't mean that this is as great as the most luxurious hotels in the world, but taking value for money, our experience and our impression in general into consideration, this is a 5/5.
We arrived early in the morning, and as we knew, we had to wait until 14.00pm before check-in. Meanwhile the hotel were happy to store our luggage for us while we did other things.
The really, really friendly staff at the reception made the check-in go smoothe, and as we were in London to surprise a friend of ours arriving a bit later, the staff were happy to help us surprise him by not telling him anything and calling us when he had arrived and were on his way up to his room :)

The rooms were not that big, but the standard was good and the beds were nice and it was clean all over.
The lobby bar was a cozy place to relax as the hotel only has 66 rooms, there is not crowded. And the bar is open 24/7 witch is quite nice!! Serves alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages amd som small snacks, Really nice little bar there!

The breakfast is also quite nice, with everything you expect with good service - they allways look after that you have coffee or tea :)

The location of the hotel is also nice with a 5 minute walk to Lancaster Gate underground station wich is on the central line, so you have easy access to central London and everything you need.

A great stay at a really nice and cozy hotel. Thanks to the staff for making is a very enjoyable stay at the BW Mornington Hotel :-)

Room Tip: The rooms are not that big. It seemed like they can vary in size, but if you want a big room, your c...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank tomrob83
Byron W, General Manager at Best Western Mornington Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2012

Dear tomrob83
I appreciate the time you have taken to share your feedback with us. All the feedback we receive helps us to identify areas where we can improve the experience for future guests
I am delighted to learn that you had a great stay with us and your received excellent service from the team.
Once again thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and thank you for your recommendation. I hope to welcome you back when you are next in London.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

We spent 4 nights at the Mornington while in London and would return. Clean, friendly staff, large room, good breakfast choice and easy access via Lancaster Gate. Can also catch the city tour bus nearby. Hotel will sell you a pass.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank G T
Byron W, General Manager at Best Western Mornington Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2012

Dear G T
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. I appreciate all the feedback that I get as I help me identify opportunities to improve and what we need to keep doing.
I am delighted that you enjoyed you stay with us and I hope to welcome you again when you return to London.

Reviewed August 30, 2012

I just stayed on night, last night in this lovely hotel. The welcome was very friendly, the room very clean, and the position very quiet. The lovely receptionist even remembered me when i came back to collect my rucksack after having left it there all day - whilst visiting the Olympics - i will return!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Josh B

Dear Josh B
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback from your stay with us over the Olympics. I appreciate taking the time to give us your comments as it helps me identify opportunities to improve and what we need to keep doing.
I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and I am very grateful for your positive review.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

Stayed here during the first week of the Olympics. Perfect location, a short walk from Paddington Station with bags. Lots of restaurants nearby as well as tube stops and Hyde Park just a block away. Room was small by American standards but very comfortable, modern and clean. Like some others here I couldn't get the AC to work when I first arrived. When I asked at the desk the clerk said "just a minute" and went into the office. When she returned she said it had now been turned on, so I guess you have to ask(?) I'm sure I paid more than the usual rate for this time, but it seemed a good value compared to others nearby. Good breakfast. Some complain about the cost, but it's really not that bad compared to a la carte breakfasts elsewhere combined with the convenience. I will consider this place again on future trips.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank PhilyGuy
Byron W, General Manager at Best Western Mornington Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2012

Dear PhilyGuy
Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. I appreciate all the feedback we get as it allows us to improve for future guests.
I am very pleased that you had a great stay with us and I appreciate your recommendation.
I have noted your comments about the price. We will adjust the price in line with demand yet at the same time we will always seek to be better value for money than our competitors. Duriong the Olympics we did indeed lift our price in comparison to a “normal” August. However I believe we kept it reasonable and below that of similar hotels in the area.
In regards to the AC it can be controlled in the room or at reception. I am pleased that our team resolved this for you quickly.
Once again thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in London.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

A Best Western as it should be, not pretencious but nice, clean and well located for a good price, the 10 pounds breakfast is a good deal, 15 min walk from marble arch. The space in the rooms good for european standards, staff "lovely". Two blocks away you can find several restaurants serving chinesse, italian, english (pub) and indy food. I would stay there again without a doubt

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank ED7707

Dear Ed7707
Thank you for taking the time post your recent experience with us on trip advisor. I appreciate your feedback as it helps us improve the experience for future guests

Reviewed August 25, 2012

I stayed here for two nights during the Olympics, on business. The receptionists were friendly and professional, the room (although very compact) was as comfortable as it needed to be, and clean. I didn't try the breakfast, but the fitness room (although compact again) had good quality equipment and was not too hot.
The air con in the rooms worked very well too.
I've got nothing bad to say about this hotel- I enjoyed my stay and was treated well by the exceptional staff.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank RichieJB

Dear RitchieJB
Thank you for taking the time post your recent experience with us on trip advisor. Your feedback is very important to me as it highlights what we are doing well and what we need to improve.
I am delighted to learn that you had a great stay with us and even more so that team looked after you well.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

Have just stayed for 2 nights here and would recommend it to anyone. We had a family room - in basement but with windows to the back which overlooked a side street and pub - thought it could be noisy but not at all - just great. Queen sized main bed and small double sofa bed. Both very comfortable. Breafast was possibly the best hotel breakfast we've had for many years - real scrambled eggs - not those reconstituted dried, scrambled eggs you get sometimes. Staff were very friendly and helpful. The ladies at breakfast remembered that our daughter liked hot chocolate and served her that and also brought us croissants straight from the oven as they "remembered that we liked them yesterday"! Also the reception lady gave our daughter a little teddy bear on arrival. Thank you so much for helping make our weekend so successful. 10 mins walk from Paddington and 5 mins from Lancaster Gate - great location. Across the road is Hyde Park. Bag storage service on last day too.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank dollydo4
Byron W, General Manager at Best Western Mornington Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2012

Dear Dollydo4
I am delighted to learn that you had a great stay with us. I am also very pleased that you appreciated the recognition the team gave you. I have shared this with all of our team this morning who are very pleased with the feedback.