“Excellent”

Ranked #886 of 1,064 Hotels in London
Paris, France
“Excellent”
Reviewed February 5, 2014

I have been in London many times, and its the really first time i was delighted by my hotel!
Its not pretty much expansive than other hotel with same criterions, but its clearly better in all points.I stayed 4 days in London, 3 night in the hotel.
To summarize :
- big staff (i have seen approximatively 12 members; reception, breakfast, room cleaning) and all are adorable and nice.
- the room (twin room) was great, the bed extremly comfortable, and the bathroom was big and clean.
- the breakfast was excellent (i suggest their grapfuit salad ;-)) and varied.
- the hotel is very clean (household of the bedroom every day) and well decorated.
- finally it is particulary well located near Hyde Park, in a beautiful and luxury district, between NottingHill and Oxford Street!

I really don't understand the lasts bad comments!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
Reviewed February 3, 2014

How did this hotel gain a 4 Star rating as it definitely is not of that standard and at best is a good hostel! Tea and coffee at breakfast served from communal thermos flasks - need I say more........

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Bolly4

Travelers are raving about these London hotels

Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 1, 2014

Cannot believe this hotel has a four star rating - it is two at best and can't believe anyone would pay anything like the full price. We paid £70 for a deluxe double room rather than £60 for a standard. The standard must be the size of a cupboard because our room was small. The breakfast was very basic - you could pay an extra £9.95 for a full english but wasn't tempted based on the quality of the rest of the hotel. Hotel in desperate need of a complete revamp. Would certainly not stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Ballymena, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 26, 2014

I normally stay at this hotel for business. When I booked in there was no hot water. We were told by management that it would be fixed next day unfortunately it was not fixed during my stay. I was staying for 4 nights and on the Tuesday of my stay they transferred me to their apartments. The service was not good and I would not stay again in this hotel. Many other guests had appeared to have the same problems.

Room Tip: Forget it.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Ivor B
Customer S, Customer Care at Commodore Hotel, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments. We value your feedback and it has been taken on board. We had major issue with our boilers and due to this, there was no hot water in the main building.

Please, accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused during your stay. I can assure you that all points have been shared with respective departments.

Warm Regards,
Customer Care Team
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 26, 2014

The commodore is a great location booked as a Christmas present and found it ideal for theatre and tourist attractions,but the rooms are a bit tired looking but comfortable enough bed, the breakfast was bland. Upon arrival people where checking out and asking for the hotel to pay for a taxi to another hotel which should have been a warning.
When we tried to have a shower we found no hot water when I returned to reception I was informed there was a problem with the boiler, I asked why we where not told on arrival the receptionist shrugged and said it may be fixed the next day and he could do nothing (at this point another guest cancelled her check-in and left). We had a meal booked that evening so I suggested maybe we could use another room, I returned to our room and5minutes later received a call to say a shower was available 2 floors above our room. The problem remained the next day so we again had to use the spare room before going the theatre. I know the boiler situation cannot be helped but surely we should have been informed.
On checking out we raised the fact that we had been inconvenienced 2out of 3 nights and was offered 20%of our first night only! not really good enough.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank poppins_10
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments and we value your feedback, We have noted the points mentioned below and will definitely look into it. We had issues with the boiler on the day and it take us a while to replace it into a complete new set of boilers.

On behalf of my team, I apologise for the inconvenience caused and look forward to welcoming you again.

Warm Regards,
Customer Care Team
Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed January 23, 2014

I spent 3 days of my life in this very bad hotel (19-22 Jan 3014). No hot water, only very cold, bad WC, poor breakfast (in the first day, the bread was as a rock), very bad and noisy room (6th floor). It is an engine somewhere (down) and was working all the nights (stop & run-crazy). We couldn't sleep. All the furniture bad and uncleaned, dust in the corners, bad carpets. At the second looking you will see what I mean. Warning! Don't pay up front, only after, so, you have a chance to claim something. I didn't know this and they took all the money, without even some excuses for this super Bad (minus)4 stars hotel. I will never return here and I will warn on several sites about this unpleasant experience.

Room Tip: Take another hotel.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Stefan120
Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed January 22, 2014

We Stayed for 1 week towards end of December and It was lovely, We arrived so early for check in and our rooms were not ready, Front office staff offered to Safe keep our bags till check in time which was so conveneint for us to start exploring around till check in time .When we checked in to our room we found out that it is full of cigarettes smell covered by air fresheners despite that we requested for a non-smoking room, We were moved to another room immediately after complaining. The new room was clean, practical and average in size compared to London and Europe standards, bathroom was clean, Heating was ok and room view was on the back yard . Breakfast is served in the basement level and it was fine but not abundant just adequate with fresh components. Reception and Tea Salon are fabulous and the Victorian style is well preserved. Hotel does not serve alcoholic drink and this is well displayed in reception as well as on website, No reason for this However, this could be a plus for conservative Arab and Moslem guests. In-room WIFI is provided at a fee 12 pound a week and could be used for one device only. There are two operating tiny Elevators. Location of the Hotel is quite and perfect for exploring , it is near Lancaster Gate and Paddington tube stations and within walking distance from Queensway and Bayswater stations. Lots of restaurants exchanges, souvenirs shops and supermarkets on Queensway street many of them are serving halal food. Overall the hotel is offering a good value for money and convenient location.

Room Tip: If you are not smoker , Insisit on non smoking room and higher floor rooms are better than basement...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family