“Nice little place”
Review of Commodore Hotel

Commodore Hotel
Ranked #903 of 1,078 Hotels in London
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Conveniently situated for our visit to Shepherd's Bush O2, our reception was friendly and efficient, bedroom was well-appointed and cosy and the bar, which we didn't use in the end looked very comfortable. Our room (301) had its own patio which would have been delightful had it not been a chilly February day but we enjoyed watching the squirrel out there on Sunday morning anyway. The inclusive continental breakfast was not bad at all and frankly we enjoyed our stay. Would we book again? Yes, a warm summer evening drinks on the patio would be a lovely start to any evening. Recommended.

Room Tip: 301 for the patio.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,007)

Reviewed January 25, 2013

Hotel was nice and room was small but nice also got very stuffy and warm during the night. When booked did say included breakfast which is always a full English breakfast but only included some fruit, bread to toast with some jams to choose, rolls some meat and cheese (continental breakfast) also some cereal. If you wanted full English breakfast then had to pay at least £10 more which is not good. I have never known for hotel in Britain to do that before seems a bit strange either includes breakfast or doesn't. To me this doesn't!!!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I came with my daughter in a rush. Our room was not yet ready. Since we had an appointment and needed to change outfit, the staff did everything they could to give us another room. It was highly appreciated by us. Also breakfast is very good indeed.
This was my second stay at the Commodore

Room Tip: Rooms are small but OK
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 10, 2013

This is an little-known gem of a hotel. Lovely, large room, lovely staff, pretty lobby. Great location - could walk or take the tube everywhere. And reasonably priced. I have nothing but praise for this hotel, and will come back.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank GoingBacktoItaly
Reviewed December 3, 2012

I booked a single room, so expected a small space, which was fine - compact but not too bad for one night. However, the room was as hot as an oven, so I turned the radiator off, but this resulted in the heating system constantly clicking to try to override the radiator. This was difficult to ignore when trying to sleep, but eventually I managed it. However, I was woken up at 04.45 by the laundry delivery guys who banged van doors, rattled cages about and generally made enough noise to fully awaken me (even though I was on the 5th floor). After managing to overcome the clicking radiator noise again, I was then woken up again at 06.00 by the noise of the shower and extractor fan from the room next door. I gave up on the idea of sleep and decided to get up myself and found that none of the lights in my room were working. After getting dressed via the bathroom light I managed to get a staff member to have a look and apparently the room is 'wired funny' and you have to click the various switches on and off in a random manner to turn the lights back on again (!). All in all, staff were kind of friendly, but the point of getting a hotel room is to sleep and I didn't manage that at all.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Libby M
Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

Good for location, right near Hyde park and easy enough to get the tube. But, the hotel needs a makeover, plus some issues we had were: required to give a card to pre-authorise the stay when we checked in, which we were told was paying for the stay but not told it was to pre-authorise until check out (who does that anymore), there were cigarette ends on the window sill outside, some hairs in the duvet cover, no biscuits with the tea/coffee in the room, missing sealant around the tiles in the bathroom, worn/dirty looking carpets and room service was £2.50 on top of the price of any order so declined the cost of almost £10 for a sandwich!
Breakfast was ok but only a continental one, for the price of the stay I'd expect a cooked one.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Make-me-proud
Reviewed November 26, 2012

The location and price was the prime reason for booking this Hotel. The Rooms were OK (Maybe a little on the small side , Breakfast was good , service could have ben a little quicker)

Good value for the quality received , Location is spot on for Oxford Street , Park Lane and Hyde Park area

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business