“less than average hotel”

Days Hotel London- Waterloo
Ranked #449 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Linlithgow, United Kingdom
“less than average hotel”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

room very small dirty paintwork. Tap in bathroom ran all night despite constantly attempting to switch off. Shower cabinet disgraceful with mould on tiles also shower tray blocked and took up to half an hour to drain. Reported all of this to reception staff and were assured it would be fixed, needless to say this did not happen. Breakfast utensils were dirty and chairs in lounge area were torn in some instances. Overall very disappointing. Would not use Days Inn again (in London or else where). We have visited hotels of a similar description/rating in London previously but found this to be very poor in comparison. I would like to add that this is the first time in thirty years of travelling that I have ever felt the need to place a negative review on tripadvisor.

Room Tip: Try else where in London because we were not offered a different room when we complained.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Issam I, General Manager at Days Hotel London- Waterloo, responded to this review, October 13, 2013
Dear Denise,
Thank you for writing a review on your recent stay at Days Hotel Waterloo.
It’s important for us to ensure that all our guests have an enjoyable stay and we do apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. We appreciate your effort and time to highlight the issues you experienced whilst staying with us. Corrective steps will be taken.
Best Regards
Issam Ismail

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (297)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Fareham, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

You know what yours going to get with Days Inn and this delivers a typical Days Inn experience. Cheap but practical and walking distance of Waterloo station. Clean, comfortable room with small ensuite. Not much else to add.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Issam I, Manager at Days Hotel London- Waterloo, responded to this review, October 6, 2013
Dear Miguelito1,

Thank you very much for your feedback!

Best Regards Issam Ismail General Manager
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed October 3, 2013

We arrived at the hotel about 6:30am so were expecting to store our luggage until later but when the staff member at reception checked the computer a room was ready for us so we were able to take our bags up straight away at no extra cost. The room itself was a good size and the beds were very comfortable. The location was great, 2 min walk to Lambeth North underground and an easy walk to the London Eye and Westminster Bridge. Now for the negitave: The shower was tiny and awkard and it took me a few minutes to work out the knobs.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dublin, Irland
Reviewed October 1, 2013

The hotel is clean and okay. A bit poor service, boring breakfastm small and sad rooms, however okay value for the money.

However, the internet connection is very slow and signal is low is many rooms, which makes it almost impossible to work from the hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Issam I, General Manager at Days Hotel London- Waterloo, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Dear Mr Hove

Thank you for your reply. We are sorry to hear that you experienced poor service at our hotel. We are working on the issues you have addressed. And we hope next time you stay with us, you would have a complete different experience.
Best Regards
Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed September 30, 2013

I prepaid for my hotel room prior to my arrival. I was there on a one day business trip. After a day of meetings I came to the hotel at around 11pm only to find out that they had double booked my prepaid room. The staff were nice to me and genuinely felt sorry but that's not my problem. They had already accepted payment and not delivered goods. I then had to spend around 1.5 hr waiting until past midnight for them to find me another hotel. Rather than provide me with a decent hotel to make up for things, I got put in some dungeon dwelling. Only positive was that the room I was in was stuck between the kitchen and the breakfast dining hall just to make sure I wouldn't get any unnecessary sleep and could brush up on my Polish culinary vocabulary as I literally could hear every single word uttered in the kitchen. Which reminds me, Pavel, ease up on the salt.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
8 Thank Victor B
Solihull, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 26, 2013

For a London hotel the prices seem reasonable enough, although I do know of hotels of similar quality that charge a lot less. Certainly this is cheaper than some other "budget" hotels but still not that cheap in absolute terms. The room I had had a very nice bathroom with a walk in shower although, in common with other budget hotels, the soap is dispensed from bottles attached to the wall - presumably so that guests don't take it with them when they leave. So far, so very average. Two factors really disappointed me though.

1. I am unaccustomed to being asked to pay in full on checking in and unsure why this is necessary. I'd rather have a bill at the end including, for example, bar and restaurant spend.

2. The room rate is actually c. £10 higher than the rate quoted, if you want breakfast that is. There's no B&B tariff - prices are room only - and breakfasts are charged separately (remember, you've already settled your bill so will need to pay separately too) at between £10-12, though I was offered a voucher for £2 off the cooked breakfast.

On the up side, there is a rather good Indian restaurant right next door though.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights easy walk from Lambeth North tube and great location for seeing the sights. Staff were friendly and very helpful. I had a problem not associated with the hotel and they resolved the issue in a efficient manner. Whilst I was staying they had a lot of Malaysian guests staying for a Malaysian festival at the South Bank and although it was busy it was a nice friendly enviroment and a nice experience. The room I stayed in was Ok as I was out most of the time. Room was clean and well maintaned. I ate in the restaurant and the food was very good. Breakfast was adequate but food could have been of better quality. For the price it is very good value considering it is in London. I will return to this hotel when I am in London next.

• Stayed September 2013
Issam I, General Manager at Days Hotel London- Waterloo, responded to this review, October 26, 2013
Dear Jedrzej K,

Thank you very much for your feedback!
Best Regards Issam Ismail General Manager