“Average hotel - but standard Days Inn.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Days Hotel London- Waterloo

Days Hotel London- Waterloo
Ranked #412 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Fareham, United Kingdom
“Average hotel - but standard Days Inn.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

You know what yours going to get with Days Inn and this delivers a typical Days Inn experience. Cheap but practical and walking distance of Waterloo station. Clean, comfortable room with small ensuite. Not much else to add.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Issam I, Manager at Days Hotel London- Waterloo, responded to this review, October 6, 2013
Dear Miguelito1,

Best Regards Issam Ismail General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (282)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

We arrived at the hotel about 6:30am so were expecting to store our luggage until later but when the staff member at reception checked the computer a room was ready for us so we were able to take our bags up straight away at no extra cost. The room itself was a good size and the beds were very comfortable. The location was great, 2 min walk to Lambeth North underground and an easy walk to the London Eye and Westminster Bridge. Now for the negitave: The shower was tiny and awkard and it took me a few minutes to work out the knobs.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dublin, Irland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

The hotel is clean and okay. A bit poor service, boring breakfastm small and sad rooms, however okay value for the money.

However, the internet connection is very slow and signal is low is many rooms, which makes it almost impossible to work from the hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Issam I, General Manager at Days Hotel London- Waterloo, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Dear Mr Hove

Thank you for your reply. We are sorry to hear that you experienced poor service at our hotel. We are working on the issues you have addressed. And we hope next time you stay with us, you would have a complete different experience.
Best Regards
Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

I prepaid for my hotel room prior to my arrival. I was there on a one day business trip. After a day of meetings I came to the hotel at around 11pm only to find out that they had double booked my prepaid room. The staff were nice to me and genuinely felt sorry but that's not my problem. They had already accepted payment and not delivered goods. I then had to spend around 1.5 hr waiting until past midnight for them to find me another hotel. Rather than provide me with a decent hotel to make up for things, I got put in some dungeon dwelling. Only positive was that the room I was in was stuck between the kitchen and the breakfast dining hall just to make sure I wouldn't get any unnecessary sleep and could brush up on my Polish culinary vocabulary as I literally could hear every single word uttered in the kitchen. Which reminds me, Pavel, ease up on the salt.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
8 Thank Victor B
Solihull, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013

For a London hotel the prices seem reasonable enough, although I do know of hotels of similar quality that charge a lot less. Certainly this is cheaper than some other "budget" hotels but still not that cheap in absolute terms. The room I had had a very nice bathroom with a walk in shower although, in common with other budget hotels, the soap is dispensed from bottles attached to the wall - presumably so that guests don't take it with them when they leave. So far, so very average. Two factors really disappointed me though.

1. I am unaccustomed to being asked to pay in full on checking in and unsure why this is necessary. I'd rather have a bill at the end including, for example, bar and restaurant spend.

2. The room rate is actually c. £10 higher than the rate quoted, if you want breakfast that is. There's no B&B tariff - prices are room only - and breakfasts are charged separately (remember, you've already settled your bill so will need to pay separately too) at between £10-12, though I was offered a voucher for £2 off the cooked breakfast.

On the up side, there is a rather good Indian restaurant right next door though.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights easy walk from Lambeth North tube and great location for seeing the sights. Staff were friendly and very helpful. I had a problem not associated with the hotel and they resolved the issue in a efficient manner. Whilst I was staying they had a lot of Malaysian guests staying for a Malaysian festival at the South Bank and although it was busy it was a nice friendly enviroment and a nice experience. The room I stayed in was Ok as I was out most of the time. Room was clean and well maintaned. I ate in the restaurant and the food was very good. Breakfast was adequate but food could have been of better quality. For the price it is very good value considering it is in London. I will return to this hotel when I am in London next.

• Stayed September 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Issam I, General Manager at Days Hotel London- Waterloo, responded to this review, October 26, 2013
Dear Jedrzej K,

Best Regards Issam Ismail General Manager
Kirkcaldy, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

Have just returned from a weekend in London through Superbreak. I chose this hotel as was reasonably priced and reviews were Ok. The location was good for both walking to attractions and proximity of Lambeth North tube station. We ate dinner at the hotel on the first night and food was good. I thought the Pinot Grigio was over priced as it seemed a bit weak and watery but on the whole the bar prices were ok. Our package included full English breakfast and although the selection was quite good some things could've been hotter and, for me, the sausages were under cooked. I did enjoy the croissants. The room was fine for a couple of nights however, if staying longer you may need extra coat hangers. I agree that the room was very warm but spotlessly clean and the heat didn't stop me having a good night's sleep. The staff were attentive and pleasant.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Issam I, General Manager at Days Hotel London- Waterloo, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Thank you very much for your feedback!
I’m pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we’re looking forward to welcoming you back!
Best Regards