“Good value, clean”

Ranked #418 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Bracknell
“Good value, clean”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

The room was a bit small, but the location was very convenient. It's very close to Lambeth North underground and a short-ish walk to Waterloo. It's a bit easy to get confused when walking by the way the streets criss-cross, but that's nothing to do with the hotel. Bring an A-Z (street map of London) if you're not familiar with the area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Issam I, General Manager at Days Hotel London- Waterloo, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Dear KJ,
Thank you very much for your positive feedback!
Best Regards
Issam Ismail General Manager Days Hotel Waterloo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (287)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
California
Reviewed September 13, 2013

The hotel locates not far from Big Ben and London Eyes (less than 5 minutes walk), surround with convenient stores and restaurants. Room is very nice, and clean; especially, the bath room. We enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank Carolyn C
Issam I, General Manager at Days Hotel London- Waterloo, responded to this review, September 15, 2013
Dear Carolyn,
Thanks for taking the time to comment on our hotel!
I’m delighted to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay!
Best wishes, Issam Ismail General Manager Days Hotel Waterloo
Geddington, Northants
Reviewed September 12, 2013

We needed a hotel to be close to The Old Vic, but not usually this budget! We were pleasantly surprised; lovely staff, nice room, spotlessly clean bathroom and a good 'help-your-self' breakfast. 2 mins walk from theatre and well worth it.

Dear Oldfishwife,
Thank you very much for your feedback, I’m very pleased to hear that you were positively surprised and enjoyed your stay at our hotel!
Best Regards
Issam Ismail
East Midlands
Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here with 2 work colleagues in early September. The check in process was painless enough, and I was given a room on the first floor. The room was a little small if I'm honest, but clean and tidy. The bathrooms - we were told - are being refurbished in a number of rooms, mine included. Well, it looked brand new. Probably was. My room had quadruple glazing - double glazed windows and secondary double glazing. I slept pretty well, a few sirens but not too bad. Normal road noise is totally eliminated. Bar prices weren't too bad either.

What I have to take exception to is the breakfast. We paid £7.95 each for a cooked breakfast, which should have been billed as an overcooked breakfast - the fried eggs looked like albino hockey pucks, the sausages rather hard. The bacon was okay. It just didn't look that appealing, I'm afraid. I would advise guests take a look first, then decide if you want to pay. Maybe I got the kitchen on a bad day.

For the money though, good value, and friendly staff.

Stayed September 2013
Dear GTEast Midlands,
Thank you very much for your detailed review!
Customer feedback such as yours is very important to us as we’re constantly striving to improve our products and services.
Thanks and Best Regards Issam Ismail General Manager Days Hotel Waterloo
Wareham, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 12, 2013

The staff at the Days Inn at Waterloo are very friendly and have always made me feel welcome. I am a female executive and stay by myself so the personal touches are important to me.

The rooms are always clean and comfortable and well provisioned.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Dear Sonia,

Thank you very much for your positive review, we're delighted to hear that you are satisfied with our customer service!
We're looking forward to welcoming you back!

London
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Sadly the short comings out way the good points, namely the room was painfully small, no fridge, no safe and last but not least no air conditioning but the location is good and the staff helpful and friendly.

Dear Timothy,

Thank you very much for your review, we'll take your comments on board!
Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Just got back from a 2 night stay at the Days Inn at Waterloo and I must say we had a very nice stay. It was my wife’s 60th birthday and I was a bit worried reading some of the previous reviews but you get what you pay for and I was impressed with the hotel, the room and the customer service. If you want 5* Luxury accommodation in London, book into The Dorchester and pay the going rate! This is an excellent budget hotel in a great area, 2 minutes’ walk from the tube, and 10 minutes’ walk to the London Eye and Westminster Bridge. Breakfast room is small but we never had to wait and the full English breakfast was as much as you wanted and set us up for the whole day. The room is very warm but it is London in the summer, so again, book into a hotel with air conditioned rooms if you are not happy with that. We could hear the police sirens in the night but we were in the middle of a busy City, so it was no surprise and as the bed was exceptionally comfortable, we went right back to sleep. Plenty of budget food and drink shops yards from the hotel and the pub round the corner offer drinks and a pizza at a real good price. If you are on a budget and want a nice, clean hotel with great and helpful staff this is the place to stay. If you want luxury accommodation, air conditioned rooms and waited on hand and foot, you may not be happy so pay 10 times the price of this hotel and you ‘may’ then be happy! I will bring my wife back next year and also my grandson on a separate trip as well. We stayed in room 228 and it was spotless – Well Done Days Inn Waterloo!

Room Tip: The Imperial War Museum is right across the road in the park opposite and is free entry, great for a...