Days Hotel London- Waterloo
  • Breakfast included
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Pool
2,790 results
All reviewsthe imperial war museumlambeth northlondon eyebakerloo lineminute walktube stationfull english breakfastbig bencooked breakfasttheatre breakstayed here for nightswould stay againbusy roadroom was clean and comfortableshort stayshower roomtea coffee
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 7, 2013

positive: location (Bakerloo line stations), clean, free good speed internet, service

negative: bed's too soft, outdated decor, disappointing breakfast, it was quite noisy as well

Generally good value for money with not too many compromises

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 2, 2013

We visited london on April 23 and stayed for 1 night. I was totally surprised how nice it was. Normally in this kind if cheaper hotel you never know what to expect but we figured it was only for 1 night anyway. Normally they make you check in at 3pm. They checked us in at 11am. I had made reservations for 2 single beds because that was the cheapest. When we got into our room it was beautiful, it was so clean, spotless. We would definetly stay there again and we recommend it at the highest. They also had a restaurant at this hotel and it was very reasonable. Breakfast was 7.95 pounds an which they gave us a coupon of 2.00 pounds off the price and they also had dinner there for 9.95 pounds in which they gave us another 2.00 coupon to apply to that price.
We did not eat there, we were on our way to see as much as we could. Everything was in walking distance. It was beautiful. By the way I thought I was arriving in the Waterloo train station which was right across the street from days Hotel. Found out that the Waterloo train station was closed for some reason??? Picked up a taxi from the euro train station in which I taxi was about 20 minutes away, price was 14.00 pounds. Have fun, Take your rain ponchos or unbrellas just in case. We didnt have to use them.

Room Tip: Realy dont know but our 2 single beds were not only comfortable but spotless room.!!!!!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights over marathon weekend, as others have said jut up the road from Lambeth north , Bakerloo line station , which is ideal if youre arriving into London at Marylebone station as that's on the Bakerloo line, defo get an all area tube day ticket , you can get all over London easily, the hotel is basic but very clean, staff were very friendly, first day got a £2.50 off breakfast voucher, which we used, very good buffet style, we had a daily value meal which at £9.95 for two courses and again very good standard. Room was small but everything you need, apart from a bath , some traffic noise but not so you couldn't sleep, could have done without the fire alarm going off at 7am on marathon morning , its right opposite the imperial war museum which unfortunately wasn't open till May after a refurb, would definitely stay here again oh and it is free wifi , unsure why some reviewers thought otherwise. and they do have a luggage room if you arrive early , like we did , that was a godsend drop cases off and go and explore surroundings. One thing they could have done that other hotels have in the past was acknowledge marathon runners efforts with some complimentary fruit or at least banner, the hotel was full of runners from all over the world, a chance missed by the management

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cuttycrew
Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

We have just today come back from a two night stay at the days inn. We went for a cheap short break for a few days for my birthday to see a show and do abit of sightseeing. Which may I add if you're looking to see a show while you're in London "Bodyguard" is absolutely amazing and well worth a watch!!!

We only wanted somewhere cheap, clean & in a good location to use as a base and that's exactly what we got.

The hotel is ideally located two minutes walk away from Lambeth North tube station based on the (brown) bakerloo line which interconnects with all other tube lines.

The London eye & embankment attractions are only a short ten minutes walk away from the hotel too.

The rooms are quite small and very basic I'd say the standard is somewhere inbetween a premiere inn and travel lodge. Very basic facilities. Very good powerful shower but disappointingly no bath, & after walking the streets of London a nice hot long soak in the bath would have been awesome. But never the less. Not a great deal of hanging space in the wardrobes and if there's two of you I'd definately advise taking a few of your own hangers.

We found the staff to be very friendly & helpful. Especially in a morning at breakfast. Which might I add if you're staying here I'd definately opt for the breakfast as it's lovely.
We had full English and there were also croissants, toast, bread rolls, fruit, cereals, cheese, cheese spread even chocolate spread.

Our train got us into London slightly earlier than we expected so we arrived at the hotel a good hour before check in which wasn't a problem at all our room was ready for us immediately. :-)

I'd say if you want the ritz don't stay here, but if like us you're not going to be spending much time there and you just want somewhere to use as a base this place is ideal!!

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank PinkieLinz
Reviewed April 22, 2013

The hotel is at a walking distance from the tube Lambeth North station of the Bakerloo line (brown) and also the Waterloo Station. From these you can virtually go anywhere. The area is very respectable and tranquil.
This is a basic style hotel belonging to the same name chain. They could definitely do better. Most of the staff was sort of disinterested in me and seemed to be bothered by the fact that I needed their service (except for the guys at the breakfast buffet). The room service was late and not uite as it should, breakfast really basic. The wi-fi was working well, and you didn't have to get a separate pwd.
I bought a package for participating at the London Marathon, so I don't know the room price separately. This one worked well for the purpose, but I wouldn't pay much for it.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo