“Great Location”

Ranked #398 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Spain
“Great Location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

Could not fault this Travelodge at all. Fantastic location for theatre land. Lots of shops, cafés, restaurants and theatres all within walking distance. The hotel itself was clean and tidy and the staff were helpful. We were on the 4th floor and didn't hear any noise from inside or outside the hotel. We will definitely return on our next visit to London.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (879)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Sturminster Newton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014

we have just returned from a weekend in London and it was fab great position great price friendly helpful staff. it was easy to get a taxi from waterloo and this was also cheap as not to far from the station. we had a problem with the bed which was handled quickly and efficiently no complaints from us cant wait to go again

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Derby, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014

We stayed here on a saturday and sunday night everywhere was spotlessly clean check in was easy the staff couldn't have been more helpful. Only downside was one of the lifts was out of order for the weekend. would definitely stay here again

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Northampton, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2014

I have stayed here before and it is a "does what it says on the tin" Hotel. It says Covent Garden It is a great location, it is a Travelodge so you know it is going to be clean and pretty much have everything you need.
However when trying to book a twin room things aren't quite so simple. To me a twin room is not a double bed an a "put me up" but it is here.
So with 2 friends travelling together one of us had to take the put me up , that person did and proceeded to snore all night in revenge.
As with all central booking companies, you are going to face these hazard but on their site it does offer a twin.
So next time I book a twin, please can I have one.

Room Tip: Read above. Also the hotel is in 2 locations, literally 3/4 minutes round the corner, but I have pre...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
8 Thank UKAbroad_Shop_Online
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2014

I'll be honest, having looked at this hotel before and read reviews on tripadvisor I decided not to stay on those occasions as, even for someone well versed in the Travelodge brand, this one seemed pretty dire.

Investigating accommodation for a recent stay I had another look to discover much more positive reviews so I thought I would give it a whirl. I have to admit I was very impressed with the hotel, it's location is excellent, the standard of cleanliness is very high, the staff were helpful and I enjoyed an excellent nights sleep.

As others before me, I was a little confused by the split site thing they have going on, managed to go to the wrong one first but the right one was only a block away.

I have no issue in recommending this hotel to anyone. I'll be back.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Bidford-on-Avon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2014

For a budget stay this hotel is in a great location, has friendly staff, the rooms are a reasonable size and everywhere was clean.

There are two sites and we were in the one on High Holburn Rd which is supposedly the one with Family rooms, though when we stayed it was predominately couples and hen/ stag parties.

The hotel is within easy reach of shops, restaurants, sights and transport stops.

Would I stay here again - YES
Would I recommend this hotel to friends - YES

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2014

The reception staff were cheerful and helpful, one of the team carried our bags to the room. As we have mobility problems we were given a room which was next to the lift, The room was clean and spacious, the bathroom had a walk in shower. we had breakfast in the cafe which was good and plentiful.The staff were quick to clear and clean tables. The hotel was ideally situated for us being close to Covent Garden and theatere

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple