Americana Hotel
$251
$211
Trip.com
  • Pool
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
$173
$166
Rosewood London(London)
$554
$409
$207
$194
  • Restaurant
Park Grand London Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
$154
$139
  • Restaurant
Park Grand London Lancaster Gate(London)(Great Value!)
$252
$227
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
The Nadler Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
$138
  • Room Service
$400
$371
  • Restaurant
All reviewstowels and beddingsherlock holmes museumgreat locationregents parkrooms are smallmarylebone stationnice breakfastcoffee machineplace to sleepmin walkone night staycereal
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 25, 2013

We stayed at the Americana Hotel during the heatwave. It does not have air conditioning in the accommodation area, so the nights were pretty uncomfortable. The carpets in this hotel are stained to an incredible degree and need replacing; the rooms are very small, and the bathroom had a lot of broken fixtures. The toilet seat was broken. The door of the shower was broken, The tap handle had been broken but glued as a repair. The blind and the windows needed work done on them. cleanliness was only average.
I suffer from Sleep Apnoea and sleep with a CPAP machine. As there were no power points at the bed head, and my lead didn't reach the power points at the opposite wall, I sought an extension lead, but all they had at reception was a broken powere board (Why were they keeping it??). My wife and I remade the bed so that we slept with our heads at the tail, so that I could use my CPAP machine.
Breakfast was more than adequate, and the area where it was served was kept very clean, and I must say that considering other parts of the hotel, was a pleasant change. I assure I looked very carefully at everythng.
With some work done on it I am sure that this hotel could be a much better place to stay, but in its present state, I was glad to move on after three nights.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 1, 2013

great location in london to the tubes etc. walking distance if you are up for a good walk but tubes are obviously way quicker! nice receptionist. free wifi. nice rooms, quite small but you dont need them any bigger really, its just somewhere nice to sleep. nice bathroom and lovely shower.the breakfast is lovely, lots of choice.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank sasa51188
Reviewed August 16, 2013

I was taken ill during my stay here. The hotel staff person was very caring, called a doctor, ran up to check on me, stayed with me until the doctor came, and called a taxi so that I could get to the hospital. The hotel manager managed to clear us a room (the hotel was full) so that I could stay 3 more days and recuperate. I really appreciate their care and consideration.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank lotsoftravelforfun
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Outside and reception area looks nice but once you pass the door to go to the rooms its a different story.All the carpets on the stairs and in the rooms are filthy. We had room 402 thank goodness only stayed one night could not turn around in bathroom which had a nice layer of mould on the walls.Hand basin was actually in the bedroom which was also small and dirty but the sheets were suprisingly clean. We have stayed in lots of hotels in London and I can honestly say Americana is the worst I have seen. We paid £124,00 for one night way too much. The staff are very distant even guy on reception when we checked in managed to avoid any conversation!!!

Room Tip: go to another hotel
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Knights11
Reviewed July 19, 2013

We've just returned from our second visit to the Americana hotel . It's not posh if you want posh pay posh prices . Very comfortable beds , great shower with a proper screen . The rooms are small with plenty of storage space . The little lift does a good job with no problems with luggage .The hotel is in an excellent location for the west end . Oxford Street is seven bus stops away . We used the number 13 a very short three minutes walk away from the hotel .

Nice bright informal dining area where complimentary continental breakfast is available with free coffee , guests can help themselves from the coffee machine at all times . The reception staff are very helpful polite and friendly . They will give advise about anything you want to know about local public transport . The hotel was a home from home experience . We are returning in a few months time to the Americana and look forward to the good hospitality given to us by all of the staff .

Room Tip: First floor is better for those with walking difficulties .
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple