“Very nice location, friendly serviceminded staff, safe neighbourhood :)”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Blandford Hotel

Blandford Hotel
Ranked #411 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Trondheim, Norway
“Very nice location, friendly serviceminded staff, safe neighbourhood :)”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2014

This is the place to stay if you don't want to spend all your money on living! It's a quiet area, at the same time close to the tube and busses. The staff is very friendly, we will defenetly come back and stay at this hotel. Breakfast is nice. The room was not too big, but clean. Nice bed, slept well. It takes aprox 10 min. to walk to Oxford street. Only thing that coult have been better was the Wi-Fi :) All in all: very satisfied !

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
CapricornHotels, Manager at Blandford Hotel, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Dear Kristin1966,

Thank you very much for staying with!
I am very glad to hear that you would like stay with us again and therefore your feedback regarding your experience is very important for us!
I am really glad to hear that you could enjoy our location and easy access to the Tube or walking distance to the Oxford Street! I am sure it was even more comfortable when you were returning back to the hotel with your full shopping bags.
Our rooms are adequate in size but as you mentioned our staff is trying to do their best to keep our rooms well maintained and clean for your comfort!
I am glad to hear that you did enjoy our breakfast as well, our staff is always looking after our hot or cold buffet to ensure that you have a good start of the day!
Thank you for your feedback regarding wifi, we will try to sort the issue with our network provider!

We really hope to see you soon again in Blandford!

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2014

Blandford is a really nice hotel in silent street, near the tube. Rooms are quite small, but modern and clean. The biggest surprise for me were breakfast. It was really tasty and abundant. It's definitely hotel for my next trip to London.

Dear Rastislav K,

Thank you very much for staying with us and sharing your experience!
Your feedback is very important for us!
I am proud to hear that you could enjoy our tasty breakfast, clean rooms and friendly service!
We are always looking for opportunity to do all the very best for our guests!
And I can completely agree with you that our location is really comfortable as you can get on the tube in few minutes and during the night you can enjoy good night sleep as we are not located next to the noisy traffic.
We are looking forward to see you very soon again and bring you another good experience with us!

Have a safe journey!

Oslo, Norway
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2014

Blandford is a safe, clean and cosy hotel. The location is the best, the prices are okay, and the staff is amazing. The 3 guys in the reception are always nice, and they can answer all your questions about london. This is the 4th time I stayed here, and as I have lived in London, I have tried a lot of hotels. Still, I always return to Blandford. Only thing I would point out, is the WiFi internet. It is not so good.

See you soon!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
CapricornHotels, Manager at Blandford Hotel, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Dear Caroline S,

Thank you very much for staying with us and for your feedback!
We are really happy to hear that you are already staying with us multiple times!
Your suggestions and feedback is very important for us!
We really hope that our location and friendly staff will always make you feel like at home and easy access to public transport will not loose any minute of your time while in London.
Thank you very much for your feedback regarding our wifi. We will definitely try to investigate signal issues with our network provider.

Please do not hesitate to contact us directly so we can ensure that everything is smooth and requirements are satisfied.

We hope to see you very soon again!

USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2014

You need to make the Wi-Fi better. Our third visit to the Blandford over the last 3 years and the wifi signal this time was terrible. Constant disconnections are annoying when your away from your business and need to keep in touch with it and having to have different log in tickets for each device is very frustrating. Not good.
I'll make another suggestion too. Get the kitchen staff at breakfast to keep the sausage and bacon hotter, lukewarm at best each morning. And we asked for a queen room and got 2 twins.

But lets get those minus points out of the way and move on.. the reason i keep coming back. I still like it here. Its incredibly convenient for the Tube and the open top buses outside Tussauds with a tescos and starbucks close by. The hotel is on a quiet road with no noise at night. Staff are friendly and nothing is too much trouble when you ask them something.

Yes the rooms are small BUT ITS LONDON! Your not spending all day in the room, your out exploring and doing stuff. It dont matter! Room prices are good when you visit in March.

And i discovered an excellent little Indian restaurant 450' down the road called "New Diwan I Am" . Its on my list for next year too.

And then you have Costa (no not the coffee shop around the corner) one of the guys that works at the Blandford. What a really nice man. You sir, were a star. Thank you for all your help. Thank you for being our ride in from Heathrow and back out and thank you for being so nice too.

I pondered what score this year. I always give 4 but the wifi this time was a massive frustration. I'll give it 3 this year for the wifi and the wrong beds BUT Costa got you back up to 4.

See you again next year but please fix the wifi first

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Fred B
Dear Fred B,

Thank you very much for staying with us and your comments!
We are always looking forward to do the most for our guests and your suggestions will definitely help us to to ensure that your next stay will be highlighted with new experience!
I am truly happy to hear that you could enjoy our location, as most of our guests find it very convenient to be in heart of London and at the same time away from the traffic noise. I am also proud to hear your positive comments about our senior Reception staff Costa, he is always looking forward to assist our guest and ensure that their transportation is arranged and all the enquiries are taken care of.
I am really sorry to hear regarding your bad signal issues, we will definitely investigate this matter with our network provider.

Please do not hesitate to contact us directly regarding your next stay and we will make sure you will find it most comfortable!

Looking forward to see you soon again!

Sheffield, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

Hotel was clean from outside but not so inside, our room number 30 on the top floor was like a little capsule, it was so tiny for 2 people, no space at all, literally had to walk sideways around the bottom of the bed to get to the tea and coffee and those awful little milk things, (it is my mission to get these banned from all hotels!!!) Just put in a little mini fridge with fresh milk in it pleaseeeee. The staff were pleasant, the breakfast average but please manager of the hotel, banish all tinned fruit!! this is really bad, just put some fresh fruit out instead and leave it in the skins if don't want wasted. The biggest problem was the bed, it was awful, a big lump in the middle and I felt like I was cliff hanging all night, it needs immediate replacement for any other guests, the room was way too hot and so at 2am I opened the window and was met with 3 massive search lights on the wall of the fire escape so I could not leave open the curtain to let in air. It was a long night............... I stayed away from the cooked breakfast and just had tea and toast which was ok but he bread was very thin and cheap quality. The whole place lacks any atmosphere, I needed the loo in reception and they could hear me having a wee on the top floor, a little background music would be so much more pleasant for guests. The free tea and coffee in reception is good idea but please make available proper cups! and proper milk! I know you are going to have to wash them but its the little touches that people like. Would I stay again, well this was our 2nd visit, if I am stuck with nowhere else then maybe I would but please take on board our comments.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank julues2013
Dear Julues2013,

Thank you very much for staying with us and your feedback.
I am really sorry to hear that you have found your stay different as normally our guests would comment. I would like to let you know that we are always trying to do the best for our guests and we will take your comments in regards to see where we can consider to go for some changes. Our reception team is always available 24 hours and in case if guest reports some discomfort or require more spacious room we are always happy to check for you if we have any possibilities to make your stay more comfortable.
I really hope that you will stay with us again during your next trip, please do not hesitate to contact me directly so I can ensure that you have been allocated in most comfortable room as per your requirements.

Oswestry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2014

Stayed here in April 2014 and enjoyed a wknd with my daughter. Very close to the tube, have stayed several times here, as have other family members and really enjoyed the location, nice breakfast and most of all the lovely friendly staff that remember us every time we go back. I have stayed at other hotels last minute when the Blandford was fully booked but they have never been as nice, so we have always come back here. My daughter moved house in 2009 and had a few nights between accommodation and stayed at the Blandford, the staff couldn't have been more helpful and she has been visiting ever since. Clean, comfortable, great location, quiet street and lovely staff.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
CapricornHotels, Manager at Blandford Hotel, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Dear Go4gold2012,

Thank you very much for staying with us again!

We are really happy to hear that you and your family have enjoyed our hotel facilities, friendly staff and our Breakfast offer!

We are always very happy to hear that we have provided you with accommodation what you have fully enjoyed!
Our staff always tries to do the most for our guests ! It is very important for us to make you feel like at home!

We really hope you had a safe journey home and we are looking forward to see you soon in Blandford again!

Londres
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2014

Small en suite double bedroom but extremely clean. Comfortable bed. 1mn walk from Baker street station but no sound during the night. Nice breakfast. Friendly and helpfull staff. Would recommand and come back.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Audrey B
Dear Audrey B,

I would like to thank you for staying with us!
It is always pleasure to hear that you have enjoyed your stay in our tidy and comfortable rooms!
I can totally agree that our location is just perfect and as many guests have mentioned it previously it's very comfortable as well when you are visiting London for a short trip as you can reach all popular tourist destinations easily!
I really hope you had a safe journey home and we are looking forward to see you soon again!

Warm Regards,