“Good option to stay in London”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Blandford Hotel

Blandford Hotel
Ranked #418 of 1,088 Hotels in London
Leipzig, Germany
“Good option to stay in London”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2013

The hotel is located quite close to the Baker Street tube stop so its quite convenient. The room I stayed in was small but well equipped. Breakfast was great with good & friendly (russian!) staff. The staff at the reception was quite helpful too & some one was at the reception all the time. There was free wi-fi plus they even lent me a converter! The hotel was quite clean too.

Room Tip: Get a room on the higher floors because internet doesn't work well on the 1st 2 floors. Choose 3...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
CapricornHotels, Manager at Blandford Hotel, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback after your recent stay in the Blandford Hotel.

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the central location of our hotel, customer service and the little - but important - extras which make your stay pleasant.

Hopefully we can welcome you in the Blandford Hotel again.

Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2013

I was very pleased with the Blandford and would happily stay there again. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. Impeccably clean building and I loved feel of the wood panelling throughout. The room itself was perfectly adequate in size and again, very clean. Breakfasts are good although not outstanding but there is a nice range of options. My wifi was fantastic although a colleague staying at the same time had some difficulties with his. There was some construction noise on weekday mornings, which is not the fault of the hotel. Apart from that, though, it was very quiet. The location is fantastic. Being close to Baker Street underground station is great because that station is served by so many different lines that it is easy to get to from many different places in the city. You are also close to many shops and places to get food, and not far at all from Oxford and Regent Streets if you want to go shopping.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your positive review after your recent stay in the Blandford Hotel.

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the central location of our hotel, as well as our famous customer service. Great to hear that you have found the cleanness of the hotel outstanding.

Hopefully, we can welcome you in the Blandford Hotel again.

Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

Don't get me wrong, this is an ok place to stay, but it won't set your life on fire. Tucked away behind Baker St this is an ideally placed hotel if you want to explore Fitzrovia and indulge in some upper-echelon shopping.

The hotel is a short walk from Baker St Tube so getting there is no problem if you're a rail traveller. The entrance is narrow and this really defines the rest of the place.There is a small TV room by reception but 5 people would fill it. Checking in was painless and easy. Very old fashioned 'proper' keys on a huge plastic fob also holds your electricity activator. The corridor to the lift is narrow and the lift is a squeeze.

The bedroom was adequate with enough space but the end of the bed leaves you just enough room to navigate to the clothes storage. Lots of storage space though. The usual telly, coffee, iron, hair-dryer facilities were present. The room reminded me of the kind of hotels I used to stay in 25 years ago; dark wood and traditional soft furnishings. Good shower space and enough hot water, although this didn't apply after 11-ish in the pm, so don't come in late grubby!

There is aircon in the room but even on the highest temp (28) it still couldn't heat the room quickly, take jammies.

All in all an ok place to stay.

Room Tip: Don't whine because it's not perfect, nothing ever is.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
CapricornHotels, Manager at Blandford Hotel, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review after your stay at The Blandford Hotel.

We are happy that you have found our location convenient - it is indeed, no matter if you're in town for leisure or business. Also good to hear that you were happy with the services and you didn't miss anything during your stay.

UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

For over 8 years the blandford hotel has been my retreat in London.it is clean,comfortable and welcoming. I always feel very safe, the staff remember me and endeavour to make everyone welcome and fulfill all reasonable requests. The small grocery shops on the corner are useful and there are many reasonable priced restaurants within the vicinity. Close to Baker Street tube. I highly recommend bland ford hotel but I am loath to do so as if may mean they get fully booked and so unable to meet my requirements.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Reviewer,

I was truly happy reading your positive review after your stay at The Blandford Hotel.

We are more than happy, that you repeatedly enjoyed your stay with us, our convenient location and highly rated customer service and that extra mile we always go for our guests.
Your feedback means a lot to us and we will do our best to keep up to your standards as always.

London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

I stayed here for a couple of nights in August 2013. The hotel is very well located, just next to Baker Street. The staff was friendly. The rooms were very, very small. The breakfast was alright, there wasn't much served. I was missing some fresh stuff, fruits and veggies and such.

The wi-fi was very poor. The staff at the reception said that the wi-fi hotspot was just outside my room and therefore it should work perfectly. However I had to sit on the floor right next to the door for it to even remotely work.

The street outside the hotel wasn't noisy, instead I could hear everyone talking in the corridors outside the room. I could also hear people walking in the room above.
The shower was like a spaceship, couldn't quite figure out how it worked.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much for your feedback review after your stay at The Blandford Hotel.

We are more than happy, that you enjoyed our convenient location and highly rated customer service and that extra mile we always go four our guests.
Our building is a converted building, therefore we have different sizes in each room category. We certainly have bigger rooms as well, but in London the independent hotels are pretty much offer the same.
In our room rate the continental breakfast is automatically included - but you also have a choice of the bigger English breakfast for extra charge.

Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

I stayed here mid September 2013 for 2 nights in a single room. It is well located, however the hotel needs updating with the hallways, stairs and breakfast room looking tired and shabby with peeling wallpaper and unattractive paintwork. The Wi-Fi is not free. I booked thinking it was after reading the information on the hotel site and was told I would have to pay! The room was so small I felt claustrophobic. The breakfast was passable with warm yoghurt and tinned fruit salad. Please just serve bananas not tinned fruit and keep the yoghurt in an iced bowl.
The amenities were fine with a heated towel rail and good shower. The staff were friendly. I wouldn't stay here again as I know I can get better value at other establishments.

Room Tip: Single rooms are way too small for the price.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank ruan
CapricornHotels, Manager at Blandford Hotel, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much for the feedback after your recent stay in the Blandford Hotel.

Whilst I am delighted, that you were happy with the performance of our staff and the nice bathroom facilities, I am very disappointed to hear that you have been charged for using the Wi-Fi.
Rest assure, the case will be investigated and please drop me a line with your stay's details to: marketing@capricornhotels.co.uk as we have FREE Wi-Fi in all the rooms.
I'd like to refund you for the extra charge, which shouldn't appear on your invoice.

Best Regards,
Eva
Marketing
Usti nad Labem, Czech Republic
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

In general I was very satisfied with the entire stay. The personnel was very friendly and helpful. The room was a bit smaller but thats quite typical for London´s hotels. The breakfast was also good, typical English breakfast included. The hotel is very close to tube.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
CapricornHotels, Manager at Blandford Hotel, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the central location of our hotel, as well as our famous customer service, I am very proud of our reception team's consistent high performance.

Hopefully we can welcome you in the Blandford Hotel again.