“Great stay”

Ranked #435 of 1,068 Hotels in London
Jackson, Mississippi
“Great stay”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

We loved our stay here. The location was great for getting around in London. The Baker St tube station is a block away. Get an Oyster card to make it easy. The hotel was clean and the staff was very friendly. It is a small hotel and of course doesn't have all of the amenities that a larger hotel would have, but it had all we needed. There was plenty of restaurants out the door and to the left (south). The breakfast was good too. Wi-fi was free - something the large hotels can't get in there mind.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
CapricornHotels, Manager at Blandford Hotel, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your positive review about The Blandford Hotel.

Indeed - not all the hotels provide free WI-FI, but we do realize that, fast and free Internet connection in the rooms nowadays is one of the most important things.
We are very happy that you have enjoyed your stay with us, and thank you again for your positive comments regarding the high standard of our service.

We are looking forward to receiving you again.

Sam Yousf

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Tucson
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Stayed here with my wife and two teenage kids. Tight rooms, but we weren't there much. They were clean and comfortable. Good English Breakfast, friendly helpful staff. Great location near the Baker Street tube stop, some very nice pubs/restaurants in the area. Decent price for four in London.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your recent positive review following your stay at The Blandford Hotel.

We always keen to provide excellent service at affordable prices. When visiting London, the hotel's location is very important - and our hotel is in the heart of the town. A perfect base to explore the city. We are very happy that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

We hope to see you again!

Linkoping, Sweden
Reviewed June 15, 2013

A cozy hotel with a perfect location (2 min walk to Madame Tussauds and to the underground station Baker Street, 5 minutes to Oxford Street). The staff was really friendly, helpful and professional. The rooms were clean and of good standard. I wouldn't mind staying here again, it was definitely worth the money.

Dear Aleksandra,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback following your stay The Blandford Hotel.

I am very happy that you have been satisfied with the service provided by our staff.
We always aim to provide clean, affordable accommodation and this combined with our location will ensure a very comfortable stay with us.

We hope to see you soon at The Blandford Hotel again.

Best Regards,
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed May 29, 2013

You like to READ THIS before you consider making a reservation:
I was unfortunate to stay at this place for a couple of nights. First priority in any hotel is that one wants to sleep. Unfortunately this was made difficult by a constant mechanical-sounding-noise day and night. When I couldn't sleep because of this irritating and irregular noise, the night porter offered me to change rooms a few floors down. I did this but to a lesser extent, "THE NOISE" was still present and this was present day / night. What I do not like about it that staff claims that it comes "from the neighbours" : a sleepy sort of Bible Club is in the neighbour's building, no signs of construction there. So, to me it comes across as a silly pretext trying to hide some mechanical machine in this hotel, a water pomp ? a wash dryer ? Be prepared ! : it's in all rooms on the right-hand side of the building.

Second: Around 11 PM I retired to my room and was in for a drink like a beer. No minibar, so I went to the desk asking for a beer. "no licence" was the reply and I was send out on the street to look for a licenced shop still open till midnight a few corners further.

I have got the unfortunate ability for having a "good nose" and detecting any smell. At this hotel one is unfortunate with a "good nose". At each of the 2 rooms I stayed I needed to ask for fresh blankets. It is obvious that blankets tucked in sheets are not cleaned on regular basis.

Thirdly: can you imagine a hotel where most of the guests are tourists trying to relax but need to be present at breakfast BEFORE 9 AM ? I have never stayed in any place where breakfast closes at 9 AM. This place has got nothing to do with service,

Detail, but still, isn't it strange that a 'professional hotel' does not have any space to store luggage ? Guest belongings are "stored" in the public entrance. It is again one of these things that make the list longer and longer needing to say that this is not worthy being classified as a professional hotel.

My advice is : go look further for any other place to stay !

Regards, Charles, Amsterdam

Room Tip: When reading my comment you understand that any room on the right hand side was dealing with CONSTAN...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Charlesvanbattenberg
CapricornHotels, General Manager at Blandford Hotel, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Dear Charles – we are of course very sorry to read of your unfortunate experiences at The Blandford. As you will see from the majority of the reviews, The Blandford consistently rates very highly with our customers. We have now had a chance to investigate the complaints made by you. The noise in your room was due to a faulty fan motor which has now been rectified and the noise has been eliminated. The Blandford has made a conscious decision not to see alcohol and we make sure none of our marketing material says we sell alcohol. There are a number of very nice bars and pubs in the area, and for customers who prefer to consume alcohol in their rooms there are a number supermarkets within a short walking distance. We hope you understand our reasoning on this point. We have also investigated the complaint of a smell from the bed blankets. We could not honestly notice this smell. However we have instructed our housekeeper to clean the blankets in the rooms occupied by you and also to check the rest of the hotel blankets. Our breakfast does indeed close at 9AM but once again is based on the requirements of the majority of our customers. But I can assure you that if I customer does go to the breakfast room at 9.30am, we do not turn them away. On the point of secure luggage storage, the luggage is stored in front of the reception manager, which in our view is secure enough. Once again I am sorry for your negative experiences but please be assured that we have taken all your points into consideration to improve the customer experience we provide
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 26, 2013

An excellent small hotel just near Baker Street tube and within handy walking distance of the shopping Mecca of Oxford Street. The staff go the extra mile to help, let you leave your luggage after check out and offer tea and a place to sit if like me your flight came in very early in the morning. The only downside is the shabbiness of some of the publication areas but frankly the generosity and customer service more than make up for that. I would certainly use the Blandford again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
CapricornHotels, Manager at Blandford Hotel, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Dear Rewiever,

I am delighted that you have been satisfied with the performance of the staff.
We aim to provide clean, affordable accommodation and this combined with our location will ensure a very comfortable stay with us. I am happy to read that we seem to have delivered on all these areas.

We would be more then happy to welcome you in The Blandford Hotel again.

Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Together with my 7-year old son, we stayed at this hotel for 3 days.
It is perfectly located in Central London. Few steps from Baker Street underground station.2 min walk to Madame Tussauds.10 minutes walk to Oxford Street. Although very central, the street on which the hotel is located is very quiet and charming. A variety of cafes and restaurants nearby.
The rooms are very clean but small. Bathroom nice and comfortable. Fixtures at the bathroom are quality and modern. However fixtures of the room need renovation.
Good quality and delicious breakfast with reasonable variety.
Excellent value for money.

Room Tip: Prefer 4th floor to avoid street noise and kitchen smell.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your positive review about The Blandford Hotel.

Indeed - our core value is to provide excellent service for affordable prices. London is all about location, location and location - and our hotel is in the heart of the city. We are very happy that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

We are looking forward to receiving you again.

Eastbourne, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I recently stayed in this very comfortable hotel whilst my husband was in hospital nearby. We booked the executive twin room incase our daughter was able to come and join me during the week which indeed she did. I was very happy with the hotel from the warm welcome I received and the spotlessly clean and very comfortable room to the kindness of the reception staff in extending my stay for an unexpected extra couple of nights.I would definitely like to stay at the Blandford hotel again in the future.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Blandford Hotel.

We wish quick recovery for your husband.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed our central location and highly rated customer service. The cleanliness of our rooms, the quality of the breakfast and our good price are always highly rated by the guests. We are more than happy, that you were also satisfied with your stay.

I hope to welcome you back at the Blandford Hotel again.