“Good value, clean and good breakfast” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Blandford Hotel

Blandford Hotel
Ranked #410 of 1,086 Hotels in London
Lancaster, United Kingdom
“Good value, clean and good breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

Only a single night stay due to a meeting close by. Check in was fine, no problems. Breakfast was great. I would stay again, no complaints at all. The cost was not that bad. Close to the tube station and a pub close by.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
CapricornHotels, Front Office Manager at Blandford Hotel, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
Dear Watts Mark,

Thank you for posting a review about the Blandford Hotel following your recent stay with us.

I am pleased to read that such senior contributor has rated us so highly. We aim to provide clean and affordable accommodation in a friendly environment and I note from your comments that we seems to have delivered on these points.

I look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Sam Yousf

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Woodbridge, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

I loved my stay at the Blandsford Hotel. I arrived for a three night stay feeling a bit under the weather. The staff at the front desk took one look at me and asked if there was anything they could do. They procurred Coca Colas to help my upset tummy, called the room later in the evening to check on me and again in the morning when I missed breakfast.

Excellent value for the money. While the room was small and there wasn't a lot of room to move around, it was nicely appointed, perfectly clean, and blissfully quiet with a lovely bathroom. Perfect for collasping after a busy day shopping or sightseeing, or after a night at the theatre. And, in my case, for recovering from an Inconvenient virus.

I've since recommended the hotel to friends who also enjoyed their stay and will certainly use the Blandford again on my next trip to London.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CapricornHotels, Front Office Manager at Blandford Hotel, responded to this review, January 6, 2013
Dear Brenda J,

Thank you so much for such a wonderful review of The Blandford Hotel.

I am delighted that you chose The Blandford for your trip to London and am happy to read that my team took such good care of you during your stay. They are often recognised for their exceptional customer service.

I am glad that you liked the decor of our rooms which is modern, fully equipped and with our central location its excellent value for money.

I thank you for recommending us to your friends and look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Warm Regards,
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

We stayed here for 1 night after a party, and it was very good. Great location, steps from Baker St tube, very clean and nicely appointed rooms. Although small, you are in a good location and not paying 5* prices, so well worth the money. Service on front desk was good, nice small lobby area with good tea/coffee machine and water available.
Beds were comfortable, all amenities required are in rooms including an iron/board, tea/coffee facilities, shower room was clean and obviously recently renovated.
We would love to stay again, perhaps for a weekend break next time.
Very much recommended

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
CapricornHotels, Front Office Manager at Blandford Hotel, responded to this review, December 2, 2012
Dear Kiri18,

I was so happy to read that you had a great stay with us and liked the hotel, the location and most importantly the service. The hotel was renovated recently indeed, well spotted.
I thank you for recommending us to your friends and look forward to welcoming them back in the near future.

My kindest regards,
Paisley
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2012

Stayed here for two nights this week and the hotel certainly has more plus points than negatives. When deciding whether this hotel is worth a visit for the price please take into account that it is a central London hotel two minutes away from the underground and the location dictates that you are not going to get a room the size of one out of the city centre.
On arrival I was checked in quickly and with a smile having made a reservation on line the week before. I stayed in room 41 which was small but was very clean and completely free from any traffic noise. The breakfast was included in the price and was simple good food which again was made nicer for the fact that the staff were very friendly and efficient.
The only down side to the room I was in was having a cold shower in the morning which was a shame as the shower worked perfectly well in the evening when there was possibly less demand on the system. Perhaps electric showers on the higher floors could be an option.
So overall the hotel ticks most of the boxes helped by such nice staff including the reception cleaning and kitchen employees.
A nice touch was the hot drinks facility in the small but cosy lounge at reception it adds to the feeling that the hotel cares about its customers.

Room Tip: Rooms on 4th floor certainly quiet but may be worth asking reception if hot water is more reliable o...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank garethandjeanette
CapricornHotels, Front Office Manager at Blandford Hotel, responded to this review, November 25, 2012
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback.

Whilst I am happy to read that you enjoyed our great location and customer service and appreciated the extra touches that we provided, I am disappointed to hear the problem you faced with hot water. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Sometimes when everyone is using shower at the same time it might take a minute for hot water to arrive but please be assured this is looked into as we take our guest reviews very seriously.

I very much hope that we can yet encourage you to stay with us again so I can put your above concerns to rest.

Kind regards
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

During my stay at this hotel, my iPod got stolen. The iPod was in my room, when I got back: GONE. Hotel denies everything, off course. They do nothing to try to resolve this. Next to this, the rooms are super small and the breakfast is terrible.

• Stayed November 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank d3nnislaarman
CapricornHotels, Front Office Manager at Blandford Hotel, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Hi Dennis,

I am sad to see following our extensive communication you refused to provide us with any information and posted this review.

We have CCTV cameras in our public areas and we found no one entered your room during your stay. I am sorry to read that you have accused our staff with no evidence and your review runs against what most of our guests have to say about the Blandford hotel and their staff.
I invite you to provide me with any information which could help us to redress your issues.

Regards,
UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

Location, location, location. The Blandford is a lovely quiet haven just minutes from Baker Street tube. Staff are always friendly and ready to help. Yes the rooms are quite small, but then you will not be spending much time in them. The rooms are always very clean. Breakfast is a great bonus. We very much enjoyed our stay again at the Blandford and hope to be back in the future.

Room Tip: Rooms on the rear of the property will be quieter than those facing onto Chiltern Street, as the dus...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CapricornHotels, Front Office Manager at Blandford Hotel, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
Dear Reviewer,

I’d like to thank you for such a wonderful review about your recent stay at the Blandford hotel.

It’s rewarding to read that such a senior reviewer like yourself rates us so highly.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us, even more so reading that you would visit us again. Our team do pride themselves on consistently delivering only the best service in a warm and relaxing environment and am happy that this reflects in the feedback we receive.
You are right, we are ideally situated for visiting London, be it business or pleasure.

Now we look forward to welcome you back at the Blandford Hotel.

Kind regards,