“Fantastic location and exceptionally service minded staff!”

The Mandeville Hotel
Ranked #164 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed July 12, 2014

It's in a price range that's not too hard on the budget when you want a hotel just yards from Oxford St.
Of course the rooms are small but very comfortable and nicely equipped with complimentary nespresso machine. "Doors" to the bathroom are a bit funny though.

It's quiet in the evening from the busy city outside. However the soundproofing of the rooms might need a touch.

The continental breakfast is boring but it'll fill you up 'till later :)

Room Tip: Got a room facing the little courtyard and that's probably more quiet than those facing the stre...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,048)

Reviewed July 8, 2014

For my annual culinary trip to the capital I have stayed at this hotel twice, the customer service is excellent.
Additionally the hotel is modern and well equipped to a high standard of decor, the bedrooms whilst not the largest, for London are a good size with very modern furnishings, however, the TV in my room on floor three was old and had a very small screen and was not in fitting the modern decor of the room.

I felt for the quality of this hotel the price I received was competitive, and it's location is superb.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Michael K H
Reviewed July 7, 2014

I was a bit underwhelmed when I first got to my room. The room was small, not surprisingly perhaps in central London. But it was well equipped and everything seemed clean and well maintained, all though a bit outdated. The tv in my room was a 14-15 inch flat screen, the type that was outdated 10 years ago.

Not that it mattered, since it seemed using the tv would incur a flat rate of £19.40. Great if you want to hide your adult film use, out of the question if you just want to watch some regular tv or listen to radio.

What really makes this hotel great is the location and the service level. The staff was excellent. Special mention of the concierge Ian who really made our stay pleasant, helping us with last minute reservations and some practical issues.

I stayed in a Superior Double with Queen size bed, my friend stayed in a Standard Single room. Only difference was size of the bed, both rooms were equally small. In other words, no reason to upgrade to Superior if you are travelling solo.

A continental breakfast was included, but we chose to eat our breakfast elsewhere after the first day. The buffet was small, but would have been adequate if it wasn't for the lack of bread. Only small bread rolls and mini-croissants was offered, but strangely no toast or any types of sliced bread.

But all in all, we had a pleasant stay at the Mandeville and next time I am in London I may very well stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank EspenX
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Been going to this hotel for almost ten years now...or even longer, I kinda lost track. This hotel is everything you can expect from a four star hotel in one of the leading cities in Europe, but what makes this hotel really special is not only its convenient central location, but first and foremost its staff. Even though fast turnover is a problem most hotels have to face..making it challenging to keep the personal touch for returning guests...not so here...From Richard the Doorman to Ian and Carlos the Concierges and Monica at reception...all have been around for many years and together with their colleagues, they do a brilliant job in making returning guests, like me, at home....Brilliant!

Room Tip: avoid street side rooms if possible, as they can be noisy. Go for superior or deluxe as standard roo...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed June 30, 2014

This is my second stay and i chose to stay here although i have a similar rate in other 5 star brands .... i asked upon check in to get my previous room and boom i got it in less than 10 minutes.

The room size , color , bathroom and view of the room was very good and convenient . Location is fantastic steps from middle of Bond street.

Still my favorite hotel on a weekend in London ... well done!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed June 30, 2014

The place has got a very nice bar and lounge for cocktails and afternoon tea served in a nice bone china set. They also have gentlemen tea wich is more meaty;) downstairs the red room is available for private parties. Very central, not crowded and not so much expencive!

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 29, 2014

Prior to booking I read all the reviews here and so when I booked I crossed my fingers that I would not have the negative experience that several of the posters had. I also booked through a site that provided me with a free upgrade, continental breakfast, early check-in, late check-out, so I was incredibly pleased when the hotel honored all of these extras that came along with my booking. All of the hotel staff was friendly and pleasant to interact with - from the front desk to the bellman to the restaurant staff. I asked for a room on a higher floor away from the busy street and was pleased with both my room and its placement in the hotel. No issues with noise from the street. Room was a good size (especially for central London), bed and pillows very comfortable, and I was impressed with how clean the room was overall. Nice powerful air conditioning, TV with somewhat limited but enough channels, wifi was not fast but not as slow as some of the other reviewers made it sound. Perhaps my room placement had something to do with my not having issues with wifi speed. Really enjoyed having a Nespresso maker in-room - as an American I was not bothered by the lack of in-room tea. Continental breakfast was nicely done with all of your standard items, though in all honesty I would not have paid for it if it did not come as part of my rate. Hotel location is absolutely wonderful!!!! Bond Street tube is a few minutes walk away, so many delightful restaurants, coffee shops, shops nearby. I will definitely consider staying here again upon my next trip to London!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo