“Great location in Central London”

The Mandeville Hotel
Ranked #161 of 1,078 Hotels in London
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I stayed at the Mandeville recently for a one night stopover in London. The hotel is extremely well located in Central London for restaurants and shopping.
My room was a single, but very spacious, I found the bed a little hard for my liking but the bathroom had a great shower. I agree with a previous reviewer about the coffee machine, I got very excited but found it impossible to get to work! Perhaps a directions card might be a good idea! I enjoyed drinks and snacks in the hotel bar and found all service staff to be courteous and profession. I would certainly stay there agin

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank jscHongKong
Write a ReviewReviews (2,045)

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Lovely decor and ambience.

Good sized room and attentive friendly service.

The coffee/expresso machine in the room looked very impressive and I was excited by its presence but it was utterly incomprehensible and impossible to work - like some sort of intelligence test - which I failed.

Although the room was good I did notice some worn and frayed and dlisloged bits of decor - which the repair man or hotel manager should have sorted out way back.

Overall - it was okay but I am not crazy for the place,

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Mike M
Reviewed July 10, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at The Mandeville. The location is excellent - on a side street a few minutes' walk from Oxford Street and the Bond Street tube station. There are many restaurants and coffee bars nearby. The staff at The Mandeville are pleasant and helpful. The concierge was extremely helpful in organizing last minute tickets. The front desk staff were likewise very gracious. My room was nothing special, but it was clean and well-kept apart from some carpet stains. I only had breakfast at the hotel once but can recommend the continental buffet for its smoked salmon and fresh fruit as well as croissants and pastries. I would return to this hotel on a future visit.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank TravelFan48105
Maurice Fabian S, Manager at The Mandeville Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Dear TravelFan48105,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with us.
We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Mandeville.
I have shared your comments with the team this morning who were delighted to hear about your experience.

Thank you very much for pointing out the stains, please be assured that the appropriate measures will be taken.

We are looking forward in welcoming you back at the Mandeville Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

From the time we walked into this hotel we found the staff surly, unwelcoming and unfriendly.
The only helpful person was the concierge who did his best to make us feel at home.
In a service industry like hospitality I believe there is an obligation to make the customer feel at ease and welcome.
There were times we both felt as if we were being looked down on and treated with a disregard bordering on contempt, maybe we weren't wearing smart suits or fine clothes but we had prepaid our holiday in full and yet felt like we were a "problem" with even our simplest requests.
Staff did not smile, many seemed to only have a rudimentary grasp of English and communication was difficult. Front of house staff also need to smile and offer help not just demand paperwork and, payments.
Good location spoiled by poor staff attitude, I will not be recommending this place to friends and also warning the travel agent who booked us not to recommend it to others
Very pricey for the service offered, over-rated!!!!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 450Patsy450
Maurice Fabian S, Manager at The Mandeville Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Dear 450Patsy450,

Thank you very much for taking the time to give us some feedback on your experience.
Although I am saddened to read that we did not exceed your expectations on this occasion.
Please be assured that the experience described is not the norm at the Mandeville Hotel.

It would be great if you could contact me directly to further investigate the matter.

I would very much welcome the opportunity to restore your faith, and in this respect, I hope you will contact me directly in order to discuss this.

Please feel free to contact me on maurices@mandeville.co.uk

Reviewed July 2, 2013

I stayed for few days in this property and really enjoyed it ! The location is just perfect: In Bond street so just 1 min walking from Oxford street, next to picadilly circus and Hyde Park. The lobby is very nicely decorated as the bar and the restaurant (stark design). The room itself is very nice but not big enough. The staff is very efficient and friendly (Richard the door man, concierge team and reception). The food is great and the cocktails at the bar amazing !
I will hardly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Ri59,

Thank you very much for taking the time to give us this wonderful feedback about your Mandeville experience.
I have passed your kind comments on to the team who were delighted to learn about your wonderful experience.

We are looking forward in welcoming you back at the Mandeville.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

This hotel is a 2 minute walk from Oxford street and bond street station which is very handy when you are in London on business.
Porters are helpful and friendly as well as the staff at breakfast.
Buffet Breakfast itself could be better and with more variety of food but it is OK.
Bar is quite pricy but there are plenty of restaurants, bars and pubs within a walking distance.
Rooms are not too spacious but they are comfortable.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Cristina g

Dear Christina g,

Greetings from the Mandeville Hotel,

We are delighted that you have chosen the Mandeville for your Business trip to London and hope that you have had a safe journey back home.

We hope to get the chance to welcome you back at the Mandeville

The Management Team

Reviewed July 1, 2013

We stayed at this hotel with my wife. We took a short weekend break ahead of the week, where I also used the hotel for business. ( by the way the hotel does not have a business center and can not offer computers)
Since we were staying for 6 days (including the weekend) I had asked the hotel in advance and also at the check-in for a spacious room. Unfortunately I did not receive any response to my email request.
When we arrived at the hotel, the staff offered us a "superior room", which was an exaggeration for the room we were offered. (I would not want to imagine how a standard room would be?)
The room was very small... After we asked our room to be changed, the staff tried to offer us more options but they were not much larger anyway.
However; they were able to move us to a larger room in the other building, which apparently is has better and larger rooms. So, we are thankful for this.
Overall, our experience was positive due to the location and helpful staff, but I would still look for other alternatives before choosing this hotel, if I am going to stay for more than 1 or two days... And definitely avoid the second building.

Room Tip: Try to get from the first building (the building that is accessed by one elevator only)
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear btufan,

Thank you very much for taking the time to give us some lovely feedback.

We are delighted to read that the team was able to assist you and made your stay more comfortable and moved you to a more spacious room.
If you require more space during your stay why not try one of our bright and spacious Deluxe rooms.

We do hope to get the chance to welcome you back soon at the Mandeville Hotel.