The Marriott Regents Park was a mixed bag, in my opinion.
- 5 minute walk to Swiss Cottage (Jubilee line) and 15-minute walk to Finchley Road (Metropolitan line). This was handy having 2 subway lines to access, as it made it easier to get around to different parts of London.
- The neighborhood around the hotel is mostly residential, but there were tons of shops and stores on Finchley Road (Subway, McDonalds, ATMs, Waitrose, etc). We used these a lot as they were only about 5-10 minutes from the hotel.
- The exercise club is very nice.
- The pool is good for families and young children.
- The 2 double-bed room we had was big enough to hold our 4 family members and our luggage for 5 nights.
- Service at this hotel was below my expectations of a Marriott.
E.g. it took 2 days/2 requests to get a plugged sink in our room fixed.
- The staff really wasn't that friendly, or didn't really go out of their way to help you.
- This hotel has THE slowest elevators in the UK. Everybody commented on this during our stay, even the staff!
- The breakfast options were expensive--Full breakfast buffet for an adult was 17 pounds, continental was 13, kids were 6. For our family of 4 that was 43 pounds (close to $90CDN)!!! Needless to say, we only did that on one morning.
- This hotel has the in-room pants press, but does not have an iron.
- The blow-dryer is not in the bathroom--rather it was glued to a drawer in the desk in the room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The London Marriott Hotel Regents Park provides a convenient base for the astute business traveller and leisure guest. This 4 star North London hotel offers spacious facilities and competitive rates combined with a close proximity to the city centre. Located a short walk from Swiss Cottage underground station on the Jubilee Line, the hotel is perfect for shoppers, visitors to the city and sports fans alike with direct connections to Wembley Stadium, Lord's Cricket Ground, Bond Street, Buckingham Palace, Parliament Square and Canary Wharf. In addition, the lively markets of Camden Town, Primrose Hill with its chic shops, quaint cafes and panoramic views across London, and ZSL London Zoo in Regent's Park are all just a short walk or bus ride away. The hotel has 304 spacious bedrooms. The Leisure Club's extensive onsite facilities benefit from a 15m swimming pool, sauna, steam room, solarium, gym and hair and beauty salons. Additional services include an Italian restaurant Carluccio's, 24 hour room service and on-site car parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Agoda, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your London Marriott Hotel Regents Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- London Marriott Hotel Park
- Marriott London
- London Marriott Hotel Regents Park England