My wife and I stayed here for one night mid-week, using a Hyatt voucher redemption.
The hotel is a 1970's block just off Swiss Cottage, near-ish to Regents Park and handy for some nice parts of North London.
Exterior and lobby were very typical Marriott - nice enough.
Check-in was a bit slow. There were no rooms available with our bed preference, strange as my wife is a Hyatt Gold member. Anyway, we got to our room and it was quite nice - fairly newly renovated, and the bathroom was also pleasant. Didn't seem the housekeeping had finished their job though. It was a bit dusty, and the minibar was not re-stocked fully. Also, a previous guest had left some sort of cold meat (salami or bacon) in the mini-bar! That was really nice, huh?! We asked someone to remove it.
The 'balcony' was like something out of a sink estate tower block.
Very dirty and covered in pigeon droppings. Adjacent to our balcony was a very unpleasant 'black hole' containing rubbish and old newspapers. We shut the doors and went out.
Had a good night's sleep, when we awoke the bill was put under our door. As well as our room service snacks (which were OK but took 45 mins to arrive), we had been charged for the stay, even though we were using a voucher. And the room rate was 325 pounds!!! Yes, you saw it right, 325!!! For a mediocre room in the back of beyond! All was sorted OK on checkout, however after seeing that room rate I was thankful that I was not footing the bill - if so I would have done some serious complaining.
So a mixed bag in all, decor and rooms are OK internally, but housekeeping and balcony were sub-standard. And the rate is really taking the mickey, but I guess that's supply and demand for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The London Marriott Hotel Regents Park provides a convenient base for the astute business traveller and leisure guest. This 4 star North London hotel offers spacious facilities and competitive rates combined with a close proximity to the city centre. Located a short walk from Swiss Cottage underground station on the Jubilee Line, the hotel is perfect for shoppers, visitors to the city and sports fans alike with direct connections to Wembley Stadium, Lord's Cricket Ground, Bond Street, Buckingham Palace, Parliament Square and Canary Wharf. In addition, the lively markets of Camden Town, Primrose Hill with its chic shops, quaint cafes and panoramic views across London, and ZSL London Zoo in Regent's Park are all just a short walk or bus ride away. The hotel has 304 spacious bedrooms. The Leisure Club's extensive onsite facilities benefit from a 15m swimming pool, sauna, steam room, solarium, gym and hair and beauty salons. Additional services include an Italian restaurant Carluccio's, 24 hour room service and on-site car parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your London Marriott Hotel Regents Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- London Marriott Hotel Park
- Marriott London
- London Marriott Hotel Regents Park England