I usually avoid hotel restaurants like the plague; their offerings are generally of poor quality, quite pricey, portion sizes that often force a visit afterwards to the local fast food outlet and all served up with a generous measure of slow service.
It was with some reservation (no pun intended) that I therefore accepted an opportunity to sample the preview dishes from the Regent Park Marriott's new Indian themed restaurant, "Zaike NW3".
I began with some of the salad samples (there were four on offer that evening) and all were light, crisp and refreshing.
There were a range of starters and main courses available from staple standards such as Vegetable Samosas, "Chicken Korma", "Methi Gosht" through to the usually rarer menu options like "Paneer Tikka Masala" and "Grilled Lamb Chops".
The Paneer Tikka was excellent and very tasty with just the right amount of spice to give it a little kick. The Dahl was also delicious, served up with some basmati rice. (Friends who tried the lamb chops were just as impressed.)
On the evening, dessert options featured fruit cocktail and lychees.
The main Indian Chef and the celebrity chef Pinky Lilani were also present and provided opportunities for guest to feedback their opinions on the meals provided.
In summary, this particular dining experience was excellent and the many other Finchley Road Indian restaurants just down the road from the hotel will need to up their game to compete with Zaike's food quality and prices!
+ Excellent Indian Food
+ Menu prices looked very reasonable in general
- Only currently open Friday's and Saturday's :-(
- Bottle of Cobra beer £4.50
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The London Marriott Hotel Regents Park provides a convenient base for the astute business traveller and leisure guest. This 4 star North London hotel offers spacious facilities and competitive rates combined with a close proximity to the city centre. Located a short walk from Swiss Cottage underground station on the Jubilee Line, the hotel is perfect for shoppers, visitors to the city and sports fans alike with direct connections to Wembley Stadium, Lord's Cricket Ground, Bond Street, Buckingham Palace, Parliament Square and Canary Wharf. In addition, the lively markets of Camden Town, Primrose Hill with its chic shops, quaint cafes and panoramic views across London, and ZSL London Zoo in Regent's Park are all just a short walk or bus ride away. The hotel has 304 spacious bedrooms. The Leisure Club's extensive onsite facilities benefit from a 15m swimming pool, sauna, steam room, solarium, gym and hair and beauty salons. Additional services include an Italian restaurant Carluccio's, 24 hour room service and on-site car parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your London Marriott Hotel Regents Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- London Marriott Hotel Park
- Marriott London
- London Marriott Hotel Regents Park England