London Marriott Hotel Regents Park
  • Room Service
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
2,416 results
All reviewsswiss cottageprimrose hilljubilee linethe executive loungefinchley roadtwo double bedssmall balconyminute walkcamden towntube stationbond streetquiet locationfamily roomwest endcarlucciosconciergerenovation
Reviewed September 23, 2012

First things first: I am an open-minded traveler but am a bit of a hotel snob as I used to work for a very nice chain.

The hotel is located in an obscure area; Swiss Cottage was the closest tube station and is only about a two minute walk. It was a bit tricky to get to on the tube as you almost always had to switch lines to get there, but the value for the price was great. The area surrounding the hotel seemed very nice.

We arrived earlier than check-in and because our room was not ready yet, the hotel gladly held our luggage at the bell desk, which was great. When we came back almost two hours after check-in time, our room was still not ready. Obviously this was a problem, and the hotel upgraded us to an executive room because apparently no traditional room was available. We were not supposed to have executive lounge access as part of our upgrade, but we did go in there before we found out, and were pleasantly surprised to see a large array of refrigerated drinks available, as well as wine and hot food in the evening. It also has wifi!

Our room was great. We were given a corner room with a very large balcony, and we had two queen beds. Considering this was an executive room, I'm sure it was quite a bit larger than a traditional room, but we did have a lot of space, the room was very clean, and the beds very comfortable.

The bathroom was pristine; no complaints there.

My verdict: If I can't get a decent rate at a hotel more conveniently located to the centre of London, I will definitely stay here again. The rates are usually very low for a Marriott in London, so it's worth the extra few minutes on the tube to get to if you want a nice hotel. If you can afford the executive lounge access upgrade, I recommend it as they have breakfast and what was available was great.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Tara P
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Stayed at the Marriott Hotel Regents Park as part of a wedding party.
London is far from cheap to stay in, and we opted for the room only option with a reduction in cost due to the wedding - we paid £123. . I think it was something like £20 extra per person for breakfast - now I know for a fact I can't eat that much, no matter how good the food is. So we used the hotel as our base and went out to a cafe/restaurant for breakfast at a fraction of the cost nearby
Back to the hotel. The rooms are beautifully spacious and well appointed. In ours we had 2 queen size double beds. The beds are beautifully comfortable, and come with both feather and hollow fibre pillows - the choice is yours as to which you use - which was great for us as I sleep best on a feather pillow and my husband on hollow firbre - so we were both happy. Whilst the area is close to all the action in London, the rooms are nice and quiet - so a good nights sleep is more or less guaranteed.
There's a desk area suitable for business people to use their laptop. and there's a plug point in the desk itself.
There are the usual tea and coffee making facilities and they don't stint on milk. The only thing missing was little packs of biscuits.
You will find an ironing press for trousers and a hairdryer within the room and a large flat screen television
The bathroom we had had everything we needed and plenty of fresh towels. My only critisism is that the bathroom is in need of some TLC. The area around the bath looks as though mould had got into the silicon and it gives it a not so clean appearance. Don't get me wrong it's clean, but with black areas - I think it's time the hotel did a revamp of the bathrooom. All of that said, it did not detract from us having a comfortable stay.

Room Tip: 5 minutes walk from Swiss Cottage tube station.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 22, 2012

The service here is excellent. Polite, efficient staff. Our room was excellent too; would have just appreciated some better quality toilet paper! The restaurant was superb. Breakfast very good, with the exception of some slightly overcooked items. One minor tip: when reaching the toast/croissant stage of the breakfast, we had to ask for knves on both mornings. Surely everyone else wasn't wiping the one they had used for the cooked breakfast - if they chose it?The reception/lobby area is a tad corporate and might benefit from more comfortable sofas. However, overall, no important complaints. Would visit again if and when appropriate.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 21, 2012

The hotel is well located, only about 300 meters from a metro station. Despite renovations, all was quiet and a little hectic. The staff were very courteous and freundlih. For children, there was even a little (sweet) surprise. The value for money was very good, with only the breakfast was rather expensive.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank STEVE L
Reviewed September 20, 2012

We only stayed one night since we had reservations in the Lake District the next day. This Marriott is tucked away in or near St John's Wood which is a rather small upscale area in London. The hotel is not the grand edifice one normlally associates with the name "Marriott"; however, the service is just as excellent, the rooms ( especially the beds) just as comfortable and as a quiet as you could hope for. The hotel could stand for a reno but is still clean and proper. The bar is small but comfy. A cab ride to Euston Station takes 10 minutes. A walk to the nearest tube, about five minutes. Restaurants also 5 minutes away. Try the "Swiss Cottage". Need I say more - Its a Marriott and met our standard expectations. I do not work for Marriott !

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple