“So British ;o)” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #286 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Joinville-le-Pont, France
“So British ;o)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2011

The location and sherlock Holmes Theme make this hotel a typical Britsh Hotel.

Service is really good and helpfull.

You're near transports and Oxford for Shopping.

really a good trip

• 5 of 5 bubbles
PPSHLondon, General Manager at Park Plaza Sherlock Holmes London, responded to this review, January 20, 2011
Dear Guest,

Please allow us to take this opportunity to thank you for staying with us at the Park Plaza Sherlock Holmes London.

Your review is very much appreciated and we are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us

We are happy to hear that our service was good and up to your expectations.

On behalf of our entire staff here at the Park Plaza Sherlock Holmes, we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

General Manager Park Plaza Sherlock Holmes Hotel +44 (0)2074866161

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (260)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
Oxford ENGLAND
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2011

stumbled upon the park plaza sherlock holmes, hidden away on baker street. a beautiful boutique hotel. room was large, very comfortable, big LCD TV and a lovely bathroom with nice products. The Staff couldnt do more to help, thank you.
the bar is great too, would definatly recommend this hotel and stay here again.
its in a nice area, close to tube stations and main line marylebone

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

First and foremost I would like to thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Park Plaza Sherlock Holmes London.

We are happy to hear that you found our services and accommodation pleasing and that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Your great comments are highly appreciated and it has been brought forward to our team.

On behalf of our entire staff here at the Park Plaza Sherlock Holmes, we wish to welcome you back soon.

Jerusalem, Israel
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2011

very good hotel - was not our first choice but we had a wonderful surprise. we stayed in the executive room, which was quite roomy, with nice and warm decor (no smelly bedcovers that youcan't waite to put away...).hot water all day long and the ac worked well.we asked that the minibar would be emptied so we could use it as a frige - and it was done with a smile. the staff were great - helped with any thing and everything we asked. we took the continental breakfast which was served as a buffe and was quite rich and good ( fruits - fresh and dried, vegies, selection of cheese, breads,cereals, eggs, saausages and beans.... realy good). location is wonderful - tube and many buses - even all night bus - close by. good area for tourists - busy, close enough yet quiet safe,

Dear Guest,

I would like to begin by thanking you for choosing to stay at the Park Plaza Sherlock Holmes Hotel London.

Our team here at the Sherlock Holmes always tries to do their utmost to exceed our guests’ expectations and we are very delighted to hear that you felt our service was great and that your stay with us was enjoyable.

On behalf of our entire staff here at the Park Plaza, thank you for your amazing comments and we wish to have you back soon.

South Staffs
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2011

When able to go to London we only stay at the Sherlock because we have consistently had good service and the staff are always friendly. We always leave with a feeling of being genuinely welcome during our stay. Natalie Nieto was particularly helpful with a minor query and addressed it very promptly. I think that I can only say thanks to all of the staff at the Sherlock and we will see them again.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
PPSHLondon, General Manager at Park Plaza Sherlock Holmes London, responded to this review, January 18, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay at the Park Plaza Sherlock Holmes Hotel London.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your comment on our staff and our Guest Relations Manager Natalie Nieto, they were very pleased to read that their friendly attitude and the quality of the service they provided made a difference to your stay.

We would like to thank you for taking the time to write amazing comments on our service and staff.

Leamington Spa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2010

I stayed here as I was attending one of the hotel's murder mystery parties.

We had intentionally arrived early (11am) so as to have time to explore London before the evening party.

I was pleasantly surprised that we were able to check in and get the keys to our room rather than just leaving the bags. The reception staff were very helpful.

The room was fine. Not particularly large (but then this is London!). The bed was comfortable. There was a wide range of TV channels and music options. The only massive let down was the bathroom door. The entrance to the bathroom faced the side of the bed and consisted of a sliding frosted glass door with clear glass panels in the design. it seemed highly inappropriate as it was clear to see exactly what someone was up to in the bathroom! The heated mirror was a nice touch (no amount of steam would fog it up) however the door was unforgivable.

The location is great. Our train had arrived into Marylebone and the hotel was a straightforward 10 min walk from there. We also found it a great base to explore the London sights on foot - Trafalgar Square, Oxford Street, Buckingham Palace, Westminster. it was a nice change to have this option rather than having to rely on the tube. Although it was walking distance to everything it wasn't noisy at night.

The murder mystery party was good fun with lots of opportunity for getting involved. The food wasn't great - looked really unappetising - typical mass produced party fare. It was a shame that the 'disco' took place in a different room below, in what seemed like a tiny conference room. it didn't really add to the party atmosphere! As a result we ended the night in the chilled out hotel bar so it a bit of an anti-climax.

Breakfast the next day was excellent. A lot of different options available on the buffet and some delicious options to order from the kitchen - we had scrambled eggs & smoked salmon and ham, poached eggs, spinach & hollandaise on a toasted bagel. The breakfast waiting staff were extremely attentive and helpful.

We were able to store our bags after checkout, to allow us more time for sight seeing.

The hotel is a good central base in London and one I would consider using again.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
PPSHLondon, General Manager at Park Plaza Sherlock Holmes London, responded to this review, January 5, 2011
Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to say thank you on your feedback and comments regarding your recent stay at the Park Plaza Sherlock Holmes London.

We are delighted to hear that your stay and the Murder Mystery Event with us were enjoyable, and also we would like to thank you for your positive comment on our service which I have passed on to all our staff.

I am sorry to hear that the bathroom door in your bedroom and the disco party were inconvenient, unfortunately I can only apologies to you!

You will be pleased to know that we are frosting some of our bathroom doors as we understand that this Hotel design can be an issue in some of our rooms.

Regarding the disco, it always takes place on the lower ground floor to minimize noise disruption to Hotel guests; however we take your comments on board.

Please note that I passed on your feedback about the food presentation to our Chef for review.

Once again I would like to thank you for taking the time to write an amazing review and for bringing these issues to my attention. Guests’ feedback enables us to consistently review our standards and improve our level of service.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of further assistance.

General Manager Park Plaza Sherlock Holmes Hotel +44 (0)207 486 6161
Malta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2010

This is our second time staying at the Sherlock Holmes Hotel and it certainly won't be our last. My husband and I travelled to London with our girls and had two executive rooms. The rooms are immaculately clean and the housekeepers are always ready to provide anything that you require with a big smile on their face. I actually found that the hotel was even better than the last time because they now have wi-fi internet in the rooms and they have changed and upgraded the TV's and the amount of channels provided to watch.

What I love is the fact that you are made to feel so very welcome and everyone is out to please. The location is also perfect because it is right opposite two bus stops and a few steps away from the Baker Street tube station. Breakfast is also great because they provide you with hot dishes too besides the usual cereals and cold cuts of meats. There are tea and coffee making facilities in the room and individually controlled air conditioners. I also find the rooms to be large compared to the usual London standards which is great...

I'll definitely go back to the Sherlock Holmes.. to be honest I can't think of a nicer place to stay in London as it's also good value for money for a four star hotel.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
PPSHLondon, General Manager at Park Plaza Sherlock Holmes London, responded to this review, December 17, 2010
Dear Guest,

We appreciate you taking the time to write an amazing review about your recent stay with us. We are delighted to hear it was an enjoyable experience, and also we would like to thank you for your positive comments on staff which I have passed on to them.

London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2010

We booked a murder mystery dinner and overnight stay for my hen do.
The murder mystery was great fun and the food was nice.
Unfortunately I was given a bad hotel room which really spoilt my stay. Apparently we have all been upgraded to a better room we were told when we checked in. So I was rather surprised when I got a room that was really noisy and incredibly hot. The noise was caused by the air con ducting and the heat was due to a broken thermostat. At this point I would like to add that I'm not a fussy hotel guest at all. I have been sleeping in youth hostels all around the world for many years and are not bothered easily. However, if I pay £140 for a room which was even upgraded, I expect to be able to sleep. I complaint and was told that there are no other twin rooms available so our only alternative was a double room. Hm, not really alright but better than the noisy and hot room I thought. Unfortunately, the second room was about the size of a shoe box and the mattress was so soft that I'm still surprised it didn't touch the ground when lying in it. Also, this time the heating wasn't working at all so it was absolutely freezing in the room. There was a little mobile heating unit provided (so they knew the heating was broken!) but again, it made so much noise that we had the choice between freezing or noise that prevents you from sleeping. I had to leave early the next morning to get a friend to the airport and I'm still annoyed that it meant I didn't have time to ask my money back.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
PPSHLondon, General Manager at Park Plaza Sherlock Holmes London, responded to this review, December 13, 2010
Dear Guest,

I would firstly like to sincerely apologise for any frustration and inconvenience that you have been caused following your stay at the Park Plaza Sherlock Holmes Hotel London. I am always grateful to receive feedback from our guests, as it enables me to consistently review our standards and improve our levels of service. As we pride ourselves in meeting and exceeding our guests’ expectations I was very disappointed to hear of your experience.

I am very sorry that you had to stay in 2 rooms where the Air Conditioning unit was not working. I would like to inform you that we have investigated this matter and our Maintenance team has resolved the issue with the Air Conditioning System in both rooms.

Together with the Housekeeping team I have also taken immediate action on addressing the issue with the uncomfortable mattress.

Please feel reassured that these incidents do not reflect the usually high standards of service provided by Park Plaza Sherlock Holmes.

Once again I would like to thank you for taking the time to bring these issues to my attention, and if I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Park Plaza Sherlock Holmes London in the not too distant future.

Yours Sincerely,