“Great location"”

Ranked #298 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Missouri
“Great location"”
Reviewed August 14, 2014

Stayed here in 2014 with my daughter and for work in 2011. Loved it both times. Great rooms, wonderful breakfast and nice staff. The location is so close to the Baker Street tube and not too far of a walk from great shopping at Selfridges

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
PPSherlockHolmes, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza Sherlock Holmes London, responded to this review, September 1, 2014
Dear guest,

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and found that all aspects of your stay met your expectations.

We all look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (270)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
Lisbon, Portugal
Reviewed August 14, 2014 via mobile

Security guy is very rude at the entrance , stop me at the entrance on my first time . The bar is nice anda have god cocktails , I don't tray the hotel but the bar and the restaurant are nice . But the staff is not the best , sorry but it's true .
Closer to the metro station.

Stayed June 2014
1 Thank RicardoCosta07
Dear Guest,

Please accept my apologies for the poor service you received at the hotel.

I am genuinely surprised to find out that our staff fell short of the usual high standards of service our guests have become accustomed to.

I have shared your comments with my General Manager and I am confident he will address your concerns immediately.

Thank you very much for your feedback and I look forward to hearing from you in the near future.

United States
Reviewed August 14, 2014

Close to the tube in the interesting and fairly upbeat Marylebone area of London. Right on Baker Street, but not in the immediate crowds of Madame Tusseau's and Sherlock Holmes Museums. Great local pubs and lots of casual dining opportunities near by. Rooms are stylist although small or narrow - yet most of our Europe experiences was comparable in size. Breakfast was excellent with lots of options. Staff for the most part was very helpful and attuned to guest needs. The early morning staff was totally caught off guard when we were down early and about to leave for the airport before the breakfast service times - as we were informed by more than one evening staff member we could gather together some items for a take-out meal (so that was awkward and we left will a bare minimum of food). Bathroom needed some simple repairs as did the fitness center (which was a bonus to have) - only these were not significant to detour a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Park Plaza Hotels

PPSherlockHolmes, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza Sherlock Holmes London, responded to this review, August 30, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for an amazing review!!

I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed not only the facilities but also the location of the hotel.

We hope that we will see you in the near future on your next trip to London.

ISRAEL
Reviewed August 13, 2014

I must say I had high expectations from the hotel , it have good reputation and nice location.
so I was a bit disappointed when I got there late at night and let down in front of what looked liked an English pub with a chair rack in the entrance.The building is not impressive as well.
however at the day time the picture is different , the pub serves also as a lobby , and it's quite lovely. breakfast is excellent ( although the breakfast room is small and you need to wait until there's room for you ) rooms are specious and well equipped. location is brilliant , 15 minuets walk from Oxford st. . Baker St. Tube station is 2 minuets away with 3 different trains that can take you all around town. highly recommended when you get it in a good price.

Room Tip: take the inner rooms ' there is another elevator for this section
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

We are so glad that you enjoyed the great service we strive to deliver at Park Plaza Sherlock Holmes hotel.

We all look forward to seeing you again soon.

Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 11, 2014 via mobile

The Park Plaza Sherlock Holmes is an ideal hotel for those wanting a base to visit London. Located a short walk from Baker Street station for tube access & a 10 minute walk to Oxford street.

Hotel is well presented, reception is through the main bar. We turned up early to drop off our bags as we had plans for the day. Receptionist very very helpful and advised our room was available so we were able to check in, no need to return in the afternoon, a bonus for us.

From our room's perspective it would appear to be a businessman type of hotel. Room was well equipped but the full length frosted glass door / partition to the bathroom might be little disconcerting for some. A small amount of bathroom uncleanliness, but nothing to really complain about, just a little attention to detail from the hotel's perspective.

Air conditioning is in the room, but couldn't see where to control it which meant that overnight it appeared to have a life of it's own & kept coming on and off, which led to a disrupted nights sleep.

Breakfast was included in our price but this is where the hotel let's itself down. The issue is that it's served in the Grill where space is at a premium which is probably why there is an extended service, between 7 & 11, to try and accommodate everyone. Breakfast is a buffet service & a little chaotic, food items kept running out & we had to chase for coffee / tea. Again, attention to detail with good service would improve the overall experience.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review the Park Plaza Sherlock Holmes hotel, at Tripadvisor.

I was delighted to read on a positive note that you liked your room, staff and the hotel in general.

Please accept my apologies for the poor breakfast experience.I have passed on your comments to our Food and Beverage Manager for his attention and action.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back in our hotel.

Reviewed August 11, 2014

A great hotel, nice and large room, great bed. Very clean and quiet. The staff was very helpful, the location is very central and close to a tube station. Plenty of stores around the hotel for basic things.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Park Plaza Hotels

PPSherlockHolmes, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza Sherlock Holmes London, responded to this review, August 29, 2014
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your kind review. I am pleased that you had such an enjoyable stay.

We know how a good night sleep is important and I am glad to hear you found your bed to be so comfortable.

I have passed on your good comments to the rest of my team here at the hotel and I look forward having the pleasure to welcoming you again in the near future.

Catarina Santos
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 9, 2014

We have been here before and I like the location, but the rooms are a bit small. We booked a studio to overcome this and I was a bit miffed to find that there was only one easy chair. The room would easily have accommodated 2 and I think a studio should have at least that. We were at the front of the hotel and unless you're deaf I'd book another, it's very very noisy from traffic all through the night. It's a city centre hotel and you should expect some noise but this was beyond acceptable. It's not even that the hotel is unaware
So, despite location, my last stay

Room Tip: Don't book a room at the front. If you book a studio it may not be any more comfortable as the...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your recent feedback.

I am sorry to hear you were disturbed by traffic noise. Nevertheless, we do accommodate requests for quiet rooms which overlook the back of the hotel, so please do not hesitate to ask for one when visiting the hotel again.

Please do not hesitate to contact me prior to your next stay on csantos@pphe.com so I can personally discuss the various options with you.

Catarina Santos