“Good central London hotel.”

Park Plaza Sherlock Holmes London
Ranked #303 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed January 28, 2014

We stayed one night ,in a area of London we are not over familiar with but found both the location and hotel very good.For £10 we upgraded for a larger room,with a huge bath , decent shower and comfortable bed.Staff very helpful when we asked for change of pillows due to allergy to the feather ones on bed.We did not eat breakfast at hotel as we thought it was way overpriced.Overall reasonably priced central London hotel .

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
PPSH_12, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza Sherlock Holmes London, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your recent stay in our hotel, for sharing your experience with us on Tripadvisor and for all the kind words.

We are very proud to read that you enjoyed our services, location and facilities. It will be an honour for us to welcome you back at our hotel in the near future.

Kind Regards

Reviewed January 27, 2014

I had the pleasure of staying at this hotel recently for a week-long vacation over New Year's. I really could not have been more pleased. This was my first trip to the UK and the staff at the PPSH were incredibly helpful with any questions I had regarding my stay, public transport, etc. They were also terribly accommodating with any requests I had (later checkout, help setting up my WiFi connection, extra umbrellas, that sort of thing.) My room was quiet and kept spotless. Room service was exceptional and the bar was very patient with this American's constant need for ice (what can I say, many of us like our ice.) The bar area was also a great place to meet up for a light dinner before adventuring out into the evening.

I'm hoping for a return trip to London this fall if I can manage to get tickets for a certain theater production--if I can I will without question rebook here. A friend of mine is booking a few nights here in August based on my stay.

One last thing--the location simply can't be beat--the hotel is literally just a two-to-three minute walk to the Baker Street tube station. When the weather is foul you really don't want to deal with a long walk from the Tube to your hotel. A Tesco next door was also super convenient.

• Stayed: January 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your glowing feedback. We very much appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at The Park Plaza Sherlock Holmes Hotel.

Our staff work very hard so positive feedback such as yours is always a pleasure to read.

I hope that we will have pleasure of your company next time you are in town. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed January 25, 2014

Staying in Central London? The Park Plaza Sherlock Holmes Hotel is situated in an excellent location close to many Stores, a Cinema and on some of the best transport links the capital City has to offer. Marylebone has been upgraded from a sleepy village to a stunning metropolitan destination with great cafe, restaurant and shopping options. Only a few steps away from Selfridges, John Lewis and other keynote stores, it also has the famous Galvin Bistro nearby.
We checked in last week for a long stay whilst our home is being re-modelled and wanted to place on record our appreciation of the excellent management (under the very experience Michelle Wells) and also the Guest Relations Manager, Catarina Santos. All the staff are friendly and they have made us feel very welcome. We recommend the Loft Apartments which are laid out on two levels - plenty of space and good storage cupboards. The restaurant serves good food and the breakfasts offers many options to suit all tastes.
A longer review will follow in February after we have stayed for a while to comment on other aspects of the Hotel but we like what we have seen so far.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back may overlook the building of "The Chilterns" - a new Apartment Block.
1  Thank Peter M

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Park Plaza Sherlock Holmes Hotel and taking the time to give us a superb review here on Tripadvisor.

It is most rewarding for us and our Team to get such a nice feedback and it encourages us to continue with our work and efforts.

Is a pleasure for us to have you at our hotel and I hope you are still enjoying your stay.

Kind Regards

Reviewed January 15, 2014

Unfortunately being given a much smaller room than what we booked and paid for coloured our entire stay at this hotel. My daughter and I booked a large 30sq m room with separate living room and desk area that sleeps up to 4. Photos assigned to the room we booked were small but it was very clear how it was laid out. We had been travelling for 4 weeks and were having 11 days in this hotel at the end of our trip. So we wanted the larger area and more importantly the separate living, desk and bedroom areas. So I was willing to pay more to get this. We were given a normal size hotel room with no separate areas except for old cramped desk area at front door. We went straight back to reception to be told that as there was only 2 of us they allocate room size based on number of people staying. No amount of talking explaining picture showing etc was going to make her understand that this is not the way to allocate guests. We should get the room for 4 if booked and paid for. She had an employee take us around 4 other rooms but they were all the single room style. Eventually she reluctantly said we could have one of the loft rooms if we waited until 8pm. People checking out refused to leave when asked so they still had to clean the room. Having seen the pics of the loft rooms I thought this would be terrific. However the loft room we got was very old and small. There was only 1 bed which we had to share. It didn't sleep 4. The room was number 104 and during our stay I read guest comments on-line and one family was also put in here after not having been allocated the bigger family room. At least it had the separate living downstairs. Very small bathroom. Then during the stay the ceiling in bedroom which is very very low leaked icy water onto us early one morning. I reported it as we left for the day. Not much interest shown and as guessed it leaked again early next morning. That time it did get fixed but I had to get a bit cross first for them to take interest. Bedroom very noisy from people upstairs. You hear all their footsteps. Many pipes ran across our bedroom ceiling and the noise of water running through them woke us many times. Towards end of our stay they failed to leave the correct towels and every day for about 5 days I had to ring housekeeping. So be careful what you pay for you might not get it!

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Liz D
PPSH_12, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza Sherlock Holmes London, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2014

Dear Guest,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

We take great care to ensure that an important matter such as feedback from our guests is properly utilized so on this occasion our Guest Relations Manager have sent you an personal email and she looks forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed January 15, 2014

Stayed at the park plaza Sherlock holmes with my wife on sat 11th January 2014 to go see sly stallone at the palladium, arrived at the hotel to a warm welcome and offered our upgrade room,the room we got had twin beds but with one call to reception the had us moved to a bigger room with a double within minutes which was great...Room was great...big tv ( which I always like in a hotel ) came back to the hotel after the show and had a lovely steak in the restaurant which was awesome!! Breakfast was great too, fantastic choice of hot and cold items....Overall a great stay, friendly staff, and excellent food and location was spot on too was only a short walk to oxford street for a bit of shopping before we headed home back to Glasgow!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
PPSH_12, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza Sherlock Holmes London, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing valuable feedback on your recent stay at our Hotel. I was delighted to read that not only our very convenient location met your needs but that also the room you have stayed in was so enjoyable and made your stay so confortable.

We truly appreciate hearing from satisfied guests like you, and we all look forward to your return.

Kind regards,

Reviewed January 15, 2014

I stay at the Sherlock holmes hotel twice a month for business and do not wish to go to any other hotel in London. The whole staff makes me feel at home and the rooms are extremely confortable. Staying at the bar to grab dinner or have a drink makes you also feel very good, not mentioning that the location is very central and convenient. Can suit tourism as well as business plans.

Room Tip: I prefer the rooms with carpets if you want to work in it because less noisy than wooden floor.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Ilana R

Dear Mrs Rose,

Thank you for your words of praise regarding Park Plaza Sherlock Holmes Hotel.
We genuinely love to indulge all of our guests and I am truly pleased to hear that once again you have loved to stay with us.

I look forward to welcoming you back to our Hotel in the future.

All the Best,

Reviewed January 13, 2014

I'm not trying to brag! But honestly it was one of the best hotels i've been to the people were really friendly and helpfull. Everything went according to plan im really happy because the time i booked a hotel in london it was a fiasco . Ill definetly be returning to the sherlock holmes hotel again ! Only advice i can give you is that the breakfeast is a bit pricey but the food at the bar is really nice and you get your moneys worth !

• Stayed: January 2014
PPSH_12, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza Sherlock Holmes London, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing valuable feedback on your recent stay at our Hotel.
I am very pleased to hear that you overall enjoyed your stay with us.

I truly appreciate hearing from satisfied guests like you, and I'm looking forward to your return. Please do reach out to us at ppshres@pphe.com or myself directly at csantos@pphe.com when you are next planning a visit to London.

All the best,