“Great Hotel for city break”

Park Plaza Sherlock Holmes London
Ranked #296 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Witham, United Kingdom
“Great Hotel for city break”
Reviewed December 14, 2013

I stayed at this Hotel with my wife after booking via secret hotel on last minute.com. It as situated very near Baker Street tube station but also 10 minute walk to Oxford Street. The room was very good for the price. Yes the room was not huge but it was clean and the temperature was just right. My wife found the glass door to bathroom strange but gave a modern aspect to the room. The old floorboards also set the room off and the bed was superb one of my best nights sleep in a hotel. Plenty of restaurants nearby but menu for hotel looked reasonably priced. Would certainly stay here again.

1 Thank William S
PPSH_12, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza Sherlock Holmes London, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your glowing feedback. We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at The Park Plaza Sherlock Holmes Hotel.

I hope that we will have pleasure of your company next time you are in town. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Yours sincerely,

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (266)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
Reykjavik, Iceland
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Very well situated a bit off the busy Oxford Street, although near enough if that is wanted. The room we occupied was a bit small but OK, the strangest thing I thought was the glass door to the bathroom. I agree with previous reviews that it is too warm, we turned the heating on and the window was wide open.
Very nice neighbourhood and I would surely stay there again. Staff very friendly and the Chardonnay excellent. :)

2 Thank MariaRichter
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your recent stay in our hotel, for sharing your experience with us on Tripadvisor and for all the kind words about us.

We are pleased to hear that you value our care of our guest. It will be an honour for us to have you with us again during your next stay in London.

Kind Regards

Midlands
Reviewed December 11, 2013 via mobile

I'm a regular visitor to this hotel and normally find it is perfect but the last two stays have been spoilt by the room being far too hot. On both occasions the hotel staff have been very polite and tried their best to be helpful but unfortunately supplying two noisy fans isnt what you expect for the price of the rooms.
Hopefully the hotel will rectify the problem soon but for the time being I will be staying elsewhere.
On a good note the food is still excellent especially the breakfast and the steak and ale pie.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank rsb2005
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your recent feedback on Tripadvisor. It is regretful to hear that we missed the opportunity to create a positive experience this time so, please accept my sincere apologies for that.

All of the points that you have raised will be reviewed immediately.

The next time you stay with us please email me on jsobral@pphe.com. It was a pleasure to have you at the Sherlock Holmes and we really look forward to welcoming you back when your travels bring you back to the area!

London England
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Only stayed one night but had very quiet twin room at back.staff very friendly and hotel very clean and comfy! However needed a bit of TLC in our room, only one mirror in bathroom,being two ladies one over desk would be improvement,!But location is fabulous, and so accessible to all of London,buses were brilliant ,staff v knowledgable
All in all,a good stay,considering last time I was here in this hotel was 1964, when it was YWCA,for 2years as student! Wondered if I had slept in the room before!!

Room Tip: Back rooms although no views very quiet
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
PPSH_12, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza Sherlock Holmes London, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

Our staff work very hard so positive feedback such as yours is always a pleasure to read.

Yours sincerely,

banbury
Reviewed December 9, 2013

We were warmly greeted on our arrival our cases were looked after as we checked into our room,although we had arrived before 2.00 pm our room was ready.

Our room was well maintained and presented.Our view was over Baker Street.The noise and bustle of a busy road did not interfere with our sleep as the double glazing was most effective.

There was plenty of storage space for our weekend stay.I would recommend guests bring slippers as the floor is wood and can be cold.The bedding and bed were comfortable and the towels in the Bathroom were big and soft.

We returned late from the theater and were able to have a night cap at the Hotels Bar before returning to our room.

Breakfast was excellent with a choice food from continental to full English.

Checking out was swift and we were asked if we required a taxi for our onward travels.

We would return to the Sherlock the next time we visit London.

Kind Regards,

Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 9, 2013

This was my first time staying at this fabulous hotel and I only picked the hotel for the location as I needed to be close to Baker Street for work but found it to be ideal for everything (shopping, The O2, tourist locations, Wembley)! The staff were brilliant on the reception desk and in the restaurant. The whole place had a warm feel to it. Very spacious rooms especially by London standards. Highlight of the stay was Breakfast, walked to the restaurant and saw a massive queue so was about to leave and grab something nearby when the hostess offered to seat me in the lounge. Enjoyed a delicious Full English in the cosy and tranquil lounge before reading the paper by a faux fireplace (the authenticity of which was fiercely debated by a couple nearby). The departure was quick and the staff left me with a lasting impression in the form of a very handy hint as I plotted my route to Euston and contemplated which line to get. Been to down to London a lot and never realised how short a walk Euston train station is from Euston Square underground! "'You see, but you do not observe. The distinction is clear."
I loved the Sherlock Holmes theme as I am huge fan. Will I stay there again - elementary!

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing the street if you a light sleeper.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Adrian B
PPSH_12, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza Sherlock Holmes London, responded to this review, December 21, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your superb review. I was so glad to read that you had a great time on your first stay with us and that you enjoyed the whole "Sherlock" experience. - 'There is nothing like first-hand evidence.'

I hope to have the opportunity to personally welcome you back to Sherlock in the near future.

Catarina Santos
Guest Relations Executive
csantos@pphe.com
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 8, 2013

This is my second trip to this hotel, slightly disappointed for two reasons ..... the hotel's communal areas upstairs are in need of a little bit of a smartening up - carpets showing wear in the corridors and the bathroom in our room needed the grout attending to, as it was discoloured. Second reason was that when we returned after a fab night out, the night porter could only serve us bottles of beer, despite the selection of alcohol in the bar being on display and potentially available. What a disappointment for this non beer drinker!
Apart from these two things, the hotel is cute, reasonably priced and really well positioned for the West End and a good night out. Happy to recommend, but come on Park Plaza attend to the decor and the late night bar.

Room Tip: I have stayed in two rooms, one at the front and one at the back both perfectly acceptable
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to give us your very valuable feedback regarding your stay at the Park Plaza Sherlock Holmes Hotel.

According to the hotel liquor license we are not able to sell any spirits or cocktail drinks after 23:00. We can only sell bottled beers and wine. I apologise for the inconvenience this might have caused.