“Lovely food. Great service.”

Park Plaza Sherlock Holmes London
Ranked #304 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed May 25, 2013

My wife and I visited the hotel for a dinner party. I must congratulate our host for choosing such a lovely venue - we thoroughly enjoyed it, and all insisted that we ask for the chef to come out so that we could personally thank him and pass on our comments to the supporting kitchen staff.

As there were quite a few of us we were able to have sole use of a dining room and it created a very convivial atmosphere.

Many thanks to the management.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
PPSH_12, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza Sherlock Holmes London, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2013

Dear Guest,

First and foremost, I am really happy to hear that you have enjoyed your stay and thank you for your kind words regarding the team. I will make sure to pass your praises to the chef

it is always an immense pleasure to receive such wonderful review and I am hoping that when you come back with us we will make your stay even more special and memorable.

Once again, thank you very much.

With warm regards,
Ktalwar@pphe.com

There are newer reviews for Park Plaza Sherlock Holmes London

Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on business, but I think I had been ripped off!
Originally provided a superior room on 4th floor, which I now understand are exec rooms, unbeknown to me at the time. Requested an upgrade to an exec room on 3rd floor and charged for it. Upon arriving on the room, there was an empty ashtray outside, the room smelled of smoke inside. The room was small, and really did not appear to be anything more than standard. Extremely disappointed, the pictures in the website appear far more welcoming than the real thing.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank RachMarkManchester
PPSH_12, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza Sherlock Holmes London, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2013

Thank you very much for your recent feedback.
First and foremost, I must sincerely apologise that your recent stay was not to your satisfaction. The matters that you have raised are absolutely not indicative of the level of service and quality that we pride ourselves on providing, and I am very sorry to hear that you have had such an experience.

In order to fully investigate this matter, I would ask you to please contact me at ktalwar@pphe.com to provide me with the name that the booking was under so that I may follow up with the relevant members of upper management.
Thank you very much for reaching out to us in these matters, and I look forward to hearing from you in the near future.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed May 19, 2013

We are regular customers and have always enjoyed our stay here. On this occasion we took an Executive Studio. We didn't get lucky. Our room/s had been 'shoe horned` into a tiny space in the hotel, next to the cleaner`s store and congregation area. The bathroom was minuscule and the toilet jammed between the wall and a solid sink stand in such a way that using it without contortion was impossible for me. The toilet roll holder had been displaced as a result of previous struggles by former guests. Our meal in the restaurant on the Friday night was reasonable but nothing to write home about and the waitress busy and overworked. Some courses were OK but I think I was missing my vegetables side dish. If not, the dish was simply a couple of tiny lamb chops (admittedly succulent and very tasty) and potatoes which seemed a little rudimentary, especially given the price. After a tiring day walking in London we retired to bed only to be awoken at 1:50 am by the telephone and the concierge requesting that we remove a drunken work colleague from the bar, which was strange because I was with my family and this had nothing to do with us. I was livid. Furthermore, so tired that I decided to leave London early the following day and went home and caught up on my sleep on the Sunday afternoon. For this inconvenience the Duty Manager kindly spared us the cost of our mini-bar bill - a Toblerone - heh, thanks ! The breakfast room on Sunday was heaving with people. I would recommend that you take your breakfast at one of the many cafes outside. Also, ask to see your room/s before committing, if possible. Restaurant is OK and staff generally very friendly. The location is excellent and feeding the ducks, herons and pigeons just up the road in Regents Park a lot of fun for kids. Price is probably average for London.

Room Tip: Check and double-check the room and bathroom size.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Andy S

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed May 18, 2013

I stayed for two nights and found this place everything I could have wanted. The staff, including the maintence people I met in the hall were all friendly and accommodating. My room, on the mezinine floor was superb. Clean, comfortable and classic. Although this is a wood panel and floor kind of place, it has been wonderfully updated and everything is in order. From the marble bath and basin sink to the giant tub, I was impressed. I have to mention the friendly lobby bar/pub and the convenience of this place bless than 2 blocks from the Baker Street tube station, it couldn't be better. It is a perfect big city little hotel that is close to the tube and lots of nice dining. Enjoy!

Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Empire1guy

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your detailed review on Tripadvisor. We are humbled to have received such thoughtful comments, for there really is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest.

We truly appreciate that you have so graciously allowed us the opportunity to learn about your recent experience and we also appreciate the feedback you have provided. Thank you once again for reaching out to us, I look forward to hearing from you in the near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed May 17, 2013

This hotel has a perfect location in walking distance to Oxford street, Bond street and Theatre land. Staff is very friendly, however, the rooms are nice, however very small. Air Condition did not work. Good value for price, not much more.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking time in leaving a great feedback regarding your recent stay at our property.

We are happy to learn you found our location perfect with pleasant staff.

On behalf of myself and my team we look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Warm regards
Ktalwar@pphe.com

Reviewed May 16, 2013

I recently stayed at the Sherlock Holmes Hotel for business. Its conveniently situated in London and for the price, I was pleased with the hotel. Breakfast was good and the staff was attentive to my concerns. One concern I wanted to voice was the temperature control in the rooms. The hotel is in an old building and similar to many hotels in Boston, this hotel only provides heat in the rooms in the winter and AC in the summer. If you are a traveler that demands a cold room, regardless of the temperature outside, I would highly recommend that you call the hotel and see if the AC will be switched on when you arrive. Upon my arrival, my first room was set at a balmy 30 degrees Centigrade. My second room was at 25 and that was as cold as it was going to get that night. Thankfully after repeated inquiries, the staff was able to turn on the AC in the hotel and remedy the situation and for that I was ever so thankful. In the future when staying in smaller boutique hotels in London, I will make sure to inquire about this (especially during the London shoulder season).

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing valuable feedback on your recent stay at Park Plaza Sherlock Holmes Hotel. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your accommodation, the Location and the hotel in general.

We truly appreciate hearing from satisfied guests like you, and we all look forward to your return. Please do reach out to us at ppshres@pphe.com or myself directly at ktalwar@pphe.com when you are next planning a visit to London.

Kind regards,

Reviewed May 13, 2013

As it was my daughter's birthday we decided to stay in London to celebrate, the room was a good size with a double and a sofa bed the bathroom was clean and spacious. The only criticism of the room was that it was cold as the afternoon turned into evening as the air con only blew cold, we mentioned it to reception and within 5 minutes a portable heater arrived so problem solved. On Sunday when we came down for breakfast the dining room was full so we were offered to sit in the bar area which we did taking our plates with us we were advised that someone would be with us shortly to take our beverage order, after 10 minutes no one had come over so my husband went back to ask to be told again that someone would be right with us we waited a further 10 minutes and then gave up! Eventually when we were getting up to return to our room we were offered takeaway hot drinks not really what I would have expected from a premium hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family