“Birthday celebration” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #285 of 1,086 Hotels in London
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Birthday celebration”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

As it was my daughter's birthday we decided to stay in London to celebrate, the room was a good size with a double and a sofa bed the bathroom was clean and spacious. The only criticism of the room was that it was cold as the afternoon turned into evening as the air con only blew cold, we mentioned it to reception and within 5 minutes a portable heater arrived so problem solved. On Sunday when we came down for breakfast the dining room was full so we were offered to sit in the bar area which we did taking our plates with us we were advised that someone would be with us shortly to take our beverage order, after 10 minutes no one had come over so my husband went back to ask to be told again that someone would be right with us we waited a further 10 minutes and then gave up! Eventually when we were getting up to return to our room we were offered takeaway hot drinks not really what I would have expected from a premium hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank jfung71
PPSH_12, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza Sherlock Holmes London, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your recent feedback.

First and foremost, I must sincerely apologise that your recent stay was not to your satisfaction. The matters that you have raised are absolutely not indicative of the level of service and quality that we pride ourselves on providing, and I am very sorry to hear that you have had such an experience.

In order to fully investigate this matter, I would ask you to please contact me at ktalwar@pphe.com to provide me with the name that the booking was under so that I may follow up with the relevant members of upper management.

Thank you very much for reaching out to us in these matters, and I look forward to hearing from you in the near future.

sincerely,
Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (260)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
Peterborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

We stayed at the Sherlock Holmes for a 70th Birthday Party reception. The accommodation and the meal were excellent. The beef served with the meal was some of the best we have ever tasted. Should we stay in London for a few nights again this hotel will be on the top of our list.

1 Thank Graham S
PPSH_12, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza Sherlock Holmes London, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking time in leaving a great feedback regarding your recent stay at our property.

We are happy to learn you found our hotel and the food excellent with pleasant staff.

Receiving positive reviews such as yours is always of great pleasure to read.

On behalf of myself and my team we look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Warm regards
Oslo, Norway
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

Great location, only ten minutes walk to the shopping street, many places to dine in the neighborhood. Our room was quite large, wooden floors, nice bed, the bathroom needed a little touch-up. Friendly staff! Have stayed here before, and will probably stay again in the future.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Laila1960
Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing valuable feedback on your recent stay at Park Plaza Sherlock Holmes Hotel. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your accommodation, the Location and the hotel in general.

We truly appreciate hearing from satisfied guests like you, and we all look forward to your return. Please do reach out to us at ppshres@pphe.com or myself directly at ktalwar@pphe.com when you are next planning a visit to London.

London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

We stayed here recently on a Saturday evening. Our room was upgraded to a suite, which was very spacious for our needs, and in a quiet location towards the back of the hotel. The room itself was very clean and the bed very comfortable, although the bathroom was a little bit small - but I do expect that in a central London location.
We ate in the hotel as part of a large group. The food was excellent, and the portions huge. All the food came out together which is often difficult with a large group, especially as the restaurant was busy that night.
The service throughout our stay was very efficient and welcoming. Overall we had a very good trip.

2 Thank lozza209
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your detailed review on Tripadvisor. We are humbled to have received such thoughtful comments, for there really is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest.

We truly appreciate that you have so graciously allowed us the opportunity to learn about your recent experience and we also appreciate the feedback you have provided. Thank you once again for reaching out to us, I look forward to hearing from you in the near future.

Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stayed for one night as having dinner in town. Stayed in a double suite, split level. Bed was on a level above the sitting area. Very comfortable bed, lovely bathroom and very comfortable stay for an overnight although the suite would be considered too small for a longer stay. Excellent location for access to the city. Nice touch with the Sherlock Holmes collected works in the bedside draw although my partner got the Gideon bible. My gain I believe. Would stay again when need an overnight in London.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

Nice. Very centrally located hotel in London, with more space than we have had in any hotel room in London previously. Maybe we just got an over-sized room. But, it was nice after the postage stamp sized ones we had stayed in previously. They held our luggage after checkout so we could go and see the British Museum nearby. Very accommodating staff as well.

2 Thank mcgagne1
Dear Valued Guest,

We are happy to learn you found our rooms and the staff with pleasant.

Receiving positive reviews such as yours is always of great pleasure to read.

Warm regards

Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

I have just come back from London after staying at this hotel on Friday evening - we stayed in a superior twin - the room was beautifully decorated but small - saying that though the bathroom was very spacious and the bath was huge - I have never seen a bath so big - the food in the restaurant was okay - I asked for a steak medium/rare it came overcooked - I spoke to a waitress who took it away and brought it back completely cremated - which did make me laugh but after explaining again - the correct steak arrived. The hotel is in a prime location for Madame Tussauds and also an approx 10 minute was from Oxford Street - just come out of the hotel turn left walk to the bottom of the road and Oxford Street is there. We had a function there on the Saturday but that was a bit of a disaster it took nearly an hour to get a drink due to staff shortages - but apart from that it was okay

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your recent feedback.

Yours sincerely,