“Very comfortable stay”

Ranked #297 of 1,089 Hotels in London
London
“Very comfortable stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

We stayed here recently on a Saturday evening. Our room was upgraded to a suite, which was very spacious for our needs, and in a quiet location towards the back of the hotel. The room itself was very clean and the bed very comfortable, although the bathroom was a little bit small - but I do expect that in a central London location.
We ate in the hotel as part of a large group. The food was excellent, and the portions huge. All the food came out together which is often difficult with a large group, especially as the restaurant was busy that night.
The service throughout our stay was very efficient and welcoming. Overall we had a very good trip.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank lozza209
PPSH_12, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza Sherlock Holmes London, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your detailed review on Tripadvisor. We are humbled to have received such thoughtful comments, for there really is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest.

We truly appreciate that you have so graciously allowed us the opportunity to learn about your recent experience and we also appreciate the feedback you have provided. Thank you once again for reaching out to us, I look forward to hearing from you in the near future.

Ktalwar@pphe.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (264)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stayed for one night as having dinner in town. Stayed in a double suite, split level. Bed was on a level above the sitting area. Very comfortable bed, lovely bathroom and very comfortable stay for an overnight although the suite would be considered too small for a longer stay. Excellent location for access to the city. Nice touch with the Sherlock Holmes collected works in the bedside draw although my partner got the Gideon bible. My gain I believe. Would stay again when need an overnight in London.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing valuable feedback on your recent stay at Park Plaza Sherlock Holmes Hotel. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your accommodation, the Location and the hotel in general.

We truly appreciate hearing from satisfied guests like you, and we all look forward to your return. Please do reach out to us at ppshres@pphe.com or myself directly at ktalwar@pphe.com when you are next planning a visit to London.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

Nice. Very centrally located hotel in London, with more space than we have had in any hotel room in London previously. Maybe we just got an over-sized room. But, it was nice after the postage stamp sized ones we had stayed in previously. They held our luggage after checkout so we could go and see the British Museum nearby. Very accommodating staff as well.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank mcgagne1
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking time in leaving a great feedback regarding your recent stay at our property.

We are happy to learn you found our rooms and the staff with pleasant.

Receiving positive reviews such as yours is always of great pleasure to read.

On behalf of myself and my team we look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Warm regards

Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

I have just come back from London after staying at this hotel on Friday evening - we stayed in a superior twin - the room was beautifully decorated but small - saying that though the bathroom was very spacious and the bath was huge - I have never seen a bath so big - the food in the restaurant was okay - I asked for a steak medium/rare it came overcooked - I spoke to a waitress who took it away and brought it back completely cremated - which did make me laugh but after explaining again - the correct steak arrived. The hotel is in a prime location for Madame Tussauds and also an approx 10 minute was from Oxford Street - just come out of the hotel turn left walk to the bottom of the road and Oxford Street is there. We had a function there on the Saturday but that was a bit of a disaster it took nearly an hour to get a drink due to staff shortages - but apart from that it was okay

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your recent feedback.

First and foremost, I must sincerely apologise that your recent stay was not to your satisfaction. The matters that you have raised are absolutely not indicative of the level of service and quality that we pride ourselves on providing, and I am very sorry to hear that you have had such an experience.

In order to fully investigate this matter, I would ask you to please contact me at ktalwar@pphe.com to provide me with the name that the booking was under so that I may follow up with the relevant members of upper management.

Thank you very much for reaching out to us in these matters, and I look forward to hearing from you in the near future.

Yours sincerely,
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

We had an impromptu visit to this hotel after a wedding and got ourselves a great bargain on last minute.com. The hotel has a great location. Our room was small but had everything we needed. The hotel had a lovely bar for an evening drink. Breakfast was excellent! All the staff were very pleasant. Would stay there again!

• Stayed May 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

We are happy to learn you found our bar and breakfast excellent with pleasant staff.

Receiving positive reviews such as yours is always of great pleasure to read.

Warm regards

ktalwar@pphe.com
Cheltenham
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

My wife and I stay a lot with the Plaza Hotel Group, and decided in April to use some of our Club Carlson points against a stay at the Park Plaza Sherlock Holmes hotel in London, as this was near to where we were meeting up with some friends. After booking online a double room with a queen bed, with an option of upgrading. When we arrived we were told that we had already been upgraded to an Executive room, which turned out to be a very tired looking room with dust on furniture, the TV etc. The room had twin beds placed together, and we had squeaky floorboards for free. The hotel was full that weekend so we could not be offered an alternative room. The only thing about this weekend that was good, was the breakfast, but we won't be going back. However the management did say sorry, and offered to re credit our account which was fine. We learned on departure from a manager called Patrick that the hotel was about to have a major refit shortly. Say no more!

Room Tip: Apparently all the Executive rooms are different, but avoid room 120
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your recent feedback.

I am deeply disappointed that you were not satisfied with the room provided and that as a valued Loyal Member of the Company the availability of the hotel did not allow us to upgrade your room.

Thank you very much for reaching out to us in these matters, I would like you to contact me directly at ktalwar@pphe.com should you wish to plan your next visit.
I look forward to your response.

Yours sincerely,
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013

We stay in London every month and when ever possible this is always the hotel at the top of our list.
As a wheelchair user, I have had problems staying at some hotels, but the front of house staff at the Shirlock could not be more friendly and helpful (they even ordered a new ramp- when I pointed out problems with there old one.) A great team, delightful rooms, charming bar and bistro and really well managed. Thanks a million guys.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank snoop d
PPSH_12, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza Sherlock Holmes London, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear Guest,

We truly appreciate that you have so graciously allowed us the opportunity to learn about your recent experience Thank you very much once again, and please do reach out to us at ppshres@pphe.com or myself directly at ktalwar@pphe.com when you are next planning a visit to London.