“Lovely hotel, great food.”

Park Plaza Sherlock Holmes London
Ranked #304 of 1,078 Hotels in London
Reviewed April 30, 2013

This is a lovely boutique style hotel , the staff are very friendly and helpful. Food at the hotel is great and it is right near the tube station so very convenient for seeing the sights of London. Would highly recommend this hotel to stay at.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
PPSH_12, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza Sherlock Holmes London, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for providing valuable feedback on your recent stay at Park Plaza Sherlock Holmes Hotel. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your accommodation, the Location and the hotel in general.
We truly appreciate hearing from satisfied guests like you, and we all look forward to your return. Please do reach out to us at ppshres@pphe.com or myself directly at ktalwar@pphe.com when you are next planning a visit to London.
Guest Relations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,471)

Reviewed April 29, 2013

We had an excellent stay. Room was good and the staff very helpful. The location is also good.This is a boutique hotel which offers great value. The food was excellent and nicely presented. In the morning we went up to Regents park for a walk .One of the few bars thats sells Asahi Beer on draft.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed April 25, 2013

Just got back from a 3 night stay on business. Didn't start well as allocated room 8 on the mezzanine floor which is 6 feet above the outlets for the hotels air on system. The noise was very loud so I requested another room. Reception said they couldn't move me as no other rooms of that type were available. I pushed back on that and they immediately moved me to an upgraded room for the full 3 nights. Still on the mezzanine floor but further away from the air con units so some noise but not sleep effecting. Room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was good,reasonable choice,high quality ingriedients. Overall I would stay again.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review on Tripadvisor. We were all delighted to know that you had a wonderful experience with us and that we managed to provide exemplary service your entire stay.

I apologies for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay due to the comments mentioned. I have forwarded your feedback to the relevant management with-in the hotel for their immediate attention and action. Please do reach out to us at ppshres@pphe.com or myself directly at ktalwar@pphe.com when you are next planning a visit to London.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

The hotel is conveniently located for the Baker St Tube and has a very modest frontage (i.e easy to pass by - not typical of a big hotel). The reception is located after passing the bar, no problem for me - but not to everyone's taste. There's only one lift to the rooms on 4 floors and the stairs are not the easiest to naviagte - I had a room on the third floor which was very hot (air conditioning was poor inside the room) and the motors were outside the room. so not the best nights sleep. Breakfast room is a little small and there were queues during the busy time 7:45 to 8:45.

However, the room was very clean and functional, staff friendly and breakfast tasty - but I probably won't stay here again as when I complained about the hot and noisy room I was told they would make sure I didn't get that one next time I stayed there - so beware and avoid rooms 301 and 302 !!

Room Tip: Avoid rooms by the air conditioning motors - these include 301 and 302

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your recent feedback.

I must sincerely apologise that your recent stay was not to your satisfaction. Your feedback regarding the room noise has been shared with the maintenance manager to address immediately.

I would ask you to please contact me at ktalwar@pphe.com for any further contact and if you wish to plan your next visit. Thank you once again for reaching out to us in these matters, and I look forward to hearing from you in the near future.
Yours sincerely,

Reviewed April 18, 2013

I booked myself into the Park Plaza Sherlock Holmes for a 3 night business stay and quite frankly had high hopes for an enjoyable visit. As it turned out, I checked out after just one night and that was an ordeal that I wouldn't care to repeat.

Allow me to put this review into context. I am regular business traveller and also regularly frequent Radisson & Park Plaza hotels. The room only rate at £199.00 per night was exceptional - in that it is much more than I would normally pay for a hotel. Looking back, the high rate was partly to blame for my even higher expectations.

Disappointments 1 and 2 were the lack of a car park and the lack of an upgrade option for a regular guest of the group.
Check in was very professional indeed, well above average in my experience. I was told a little porkie though, as the chap said although I hadn't been upgraded (as the hotel was full), the room allocated was a very nice one.

To say I was disappointed once I arrived to my room is an understatement. The long narrow room had one window from which you could only see a brick wall which was just a few feet from it. When opened, fumes from the kitchens wafted unwelcomingly into the room. The room was blessed with a small tired bathroom and the lighting was poor and not easily controlled. The comfortable bed had no headboard but as it was against the window the lack of a headboard meant you couldn't sit up in bed without the windowsill pressing into your back.

I ordered a club sandwich which arrived quickly, but was cold, yet served with hot fries that were smothered in salt. Any one of these disappointments I could normally put up with, certainly for one night at least. What I cannot tolerate, and was the primary reason I decided to leave early, was the ridiculously pathetic lack of WiFi they offer!

Not only was the login procedure unnecessarily protracted, but when finally logged in, the signal strength was frustratingly pathetic! Without WiFi, the prison cell-like hotel room became more prison cell-like and meant I could no longer tolerate two more nights of torture in this over-piced disappointment.

When I checked out the chap that served me appeared to be very concerned and said all the right things, but nothing that could convince me to stay. He was adamant that I would be contacted by the hotel to follow up on my comments, but several days later, I have yet to hear from them. I could have left and said it was because my plans had altered, instead I offered a considered and honest appraisal which the hotel appear to have ignored.

I will certainly not be returning.

1  Thank Dodgergammon

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your recent feedback.

First and foremost, I must sincerely apologise that your recent stay was not to your satisfaction. The matters that you have raised are absolutely not indicative of the level of service and quality that we pride ourselves on providing, and I am very sorry to hear that you have had such an experience.

I am deeply disappointed that you were not satisfied with the room provided and that as a valued Loyal Member of the Company the availability of the hotel did not allow us to upgrade your room. In regards to the absence of a car park the reason is that we are a listed building and the Central London location restricts us.

Your feedback regarding the room layout and the food ordered has been forwarded to the relevant management with-in the hotel and I assure you that they would be address immediately.

Thank you very much for reaching out to us in these matters, I would like you to contact me directly at ktalwar@pphe.com should you wish to plan your next visit.
I look forward to your response.
Yours sincerely,

Reviewed April 15, 2013

Nice location, good service, not very good price for value, room not too big. However, I suggest to stay in Park Plaza Sherlock Holmes if you are looking for a good hotel in that particular zone. It offers something more than an average hotel in London.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

This was my second business stay at a London hotel in two weeks and the Sherlock Holmes wins hands down. I think this hotel has enormous potential. The staff are just lovely - very attentive in a genuine sort of way - especially the reception staff who are helpful and friendly.
I thought the room had been very well designed to take advantage of the space. As a business traveller I really could not care about the view which is just as well as it looked on to the air-conditioning unit (meaning you need to keep the double glazed windows closed if you want a quiet night). What I did appreciate was the working desk with easy access plugs for laptops and computers. Most of all, I appreciated the free wifi, with two extra options for superfast broadband. All hotels should learn from this! My stay included a corporate dinner with frankly superb menu of cornish crab, duck and roast peach and incredible creme brûlée. Lovely atmosphere in the dining room which had been lit with candles. The overall experience was more like staying in a very well decorated home or country house than a hotel with a very welcoming feel to it. I liked it so much I sent photos via my mobile to my daughter so she would see where I was staying which I am sharing here with you! I would definitely go back and would not hesitate to recommend it. I did have a small issue with the temperature of the room as I did not seem to be able to turn it down - but great if you like it hot! This is the reason I voted average for quality of sleep - which otherwise would have been excellent.

Room Tip: Just beware that room 130 looks onto the A/C unit and so you really cant open a window.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your detailed review on Tripadvisor. We were all delighted to know that you had a wonderful experience with us and that we managed to provide exemplary service your entire stay.

I apologies for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay due to the Heating Issue. I have forwarded your feedback to the relevant management with-in the hotel for their immediate attention and action. Please do reach out to us at ppshres@pphe.com or myself directly at ktalwar@pphe.com when you are next planning a visit to London.