“A home away from home.”

Park Plaza Sherlock Holmes London
Ranked #301 of 1,075 Hotels in London
Reviewed November 29, 2012

Your staff was great. The was very good. Your location is just perfect. I personally enjoyed my stay with you. For my first to Europe, I chose to goto London. I had no idea as what to expect. But I must say that your hotel was very easy to find snd a joy to stay at. The breakfast buffet was so well prepared and good. I had such a great time on the Rick Steves tour, and hotel made it that much better. Avery Nichols. Fort Worth, Texas. U.S.A

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Fun_1_traveler
PPSH_12, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza Sherlock Holmes London, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you very much on behalf of all the staff here at the Park Plaza Sherlock Holmes hotel, not only for staying with but to give us such great feedback.

It was a pleasure to have you at the Sherlock Holmes and We look forward to welcoming you back when your travels bring you back to the area!

Kind regards,

Reviewed November 29, 2012

We stay at this hotel almost every time we visit London. I would not really want to stay anywhere else, because I know what to expect - it has always been good. And it's in Baker Street - close to many places that are of interest to us, and we have discovered a nice pub in the area.

The rooms are large and modern with a lovely big bed (although the additional bed for the kid is not always that comfortable). I am not the greatest fan of the bathroom design with transparent doors etc. but it has never deterred me from having a nice hot bath.

There are always two little bottles of wine, mineral water and fruit waiting for us - nice touch.

I find this hotel really charming - the decor, the atmosphere, the people, the whole package.

The service has always been great. Lovely friendly people in the bar and restaurant. The breakfast is great.

Hope to be back soon.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Golden-Goose-Legend

Dear Guest

On behalf of All the staff at the Park Plaza Sherlock Holmes Hotel, I'd like to thank you very much for choosing to stay with us. We are extremely pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We are working hard to provide the highest level of product and services and therefore really appreciate your enthusiasm and positive comments. We would also like to thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Reviewed November 26, 2012

We stayed here for saturday night so we could go to a show and have dinner, we arrived at 11;30am after asking for early check in they got us into our room at 12. They also upgraded my mums room which was great. The hotel staff were all very friendly and professional. My only critism is the cost for drinks at the bar but it is london so that is pretty much standard.

All together it is worth paying less and staying at this park plaza rather than westminster as rooms are just as good and the location is great for oxford street and the west end.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank arniejones

Kind regards,

Reviewed November 25, 2012

It is an hotel located in a really strategic place. it is closed to Baker street tube station and to a walking distance for Oxford Street. it is a very lively street. The hotel is apparently really nice according to a tipycal British style. Unfortunately the staff is not so efficient. Even if people are friendly and nice, the organisation is not so efficient. Really long lines for the repection, long line for consuming breakfast. The price is not so cheap ... therefore quality to price is not well combined. Nevertheless, I may suggest it recommanding to reduce any espectation.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank cami068
PPSH_12, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza Sherlock Holmes London, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with the above feedback. I am happy to hear that your stay with us was enjoyable and would like to thank you for your positive comments on the hotel. In reviewing your response I noticed areas where you rated us below what I consider to be acceptable, including Staff Service.

If you have a moment and are willing to share any specifics on these items it would help me to remedy these concerns please contact me directly on ktalwar@pphe.com. However, regardless of your response to my request I want to make sure that you feel your comments were heard and the feedback is addressed by the management.

On behalf of our entire staff here at the here at the Park Plaza Hotels & Resorts we would like to thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Reviewed November 25, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights (holiday in London). The location is very good with proximity to restaurants, public transport and shopping. Parks are also close by. The service in the hotel provided by the staff both at the reception and bar were above average. Hotels in London are expensive and this was no exception. Some concerns
- Carpet was dirty, old, worn
- Rooms need to be fixed up somewhat
- Beds are not comfortable. A pillow top system is used but ours was worn through and we had to remove it since it slept very warm (it is covered in a type of plastic protector).
Use of phones for local calls from the rooms is unreasonably priced.
- Pipes are noisy so if somebody in another room is using the bathroom/shower it could be heard in our room.

I would not stay in this hotel again primarily because of the beds and lack of sleep quality. We are however picky

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank happytravels1212

We appreciate you taking the time give us the above feedback regarding your recent stay with us at the Park Plaza Sherlock Holmes. I apologise for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay due the Comments mentioned.

Your feedback regarding the Beds and the carpets has been shared with the Housekeeping Manager in the hotel for her immediate attention and action. On this occasion I would like to thank you in helping us to move forward towards our aim to provide highest standards of products and service. In order to restore your faith in us, I would like to invite you to email me on ktalwar@pphe.com

Reviewed November 20, 2012

My last review for the Sherlock Holmes was some six years ago and I've been staying several times since, with some highs and lows. However, my latest stay was rather disappointing and can only lead me to confirm that first rating (I'd say intermediate stays had been average).
Room was alright (not one of the smallest, for once), with some space to work, if missing daylight a bit. I found the room, and the corridors, were getting a a bit tired, though.
Bathroom small and nothing special: it took over 30 seconds to get warm water from the shower (3rd floor) which is not exactly the best start in the morning. More worrying is that the room was really noisy: you could hear footsteps from above and noise from servicing staff in the morning.
Although I accept that things may go wrong sometimes, I took me over 90 minutes to get room service and not the one I ordered. I started with the speed dial room service, which was not working. Followed instructions in the service directory and dialled the restaurant/grill number to land on a 'service centre' which took my order. One hour later, no food, that's me calling back: they can't trace the order but it will be with me in 'minutes', which I find odd considering the preparation time expected from the dish. Minutes later I get delivered ... the drink, without the food. When I tried to explain things again, I got what normally makes me put hotels on a blacklist: an explanation of their working procedures! Sorry guys, I don't want to know that on the day you're getting delivered from 'Joe who' because your cook is off, or whether it's the bar rather than the restaurant cooking room service. I just don't want a lecture, I want my food! Minutes later, I get a phone call explaining me that my order is not available, so I order something else, which will arrive moments later and was frankly not very palatable for a supposedly healthy dish and looked more re-heated than cooked.
When asked at check-out whether my stay was alright, I mentioned the incident in the most neutral tone I could use, only to hear this amazing answer 'how come this happened?' - well, what about -you- tell me what went wrong? You could start a full inquiry: after all you are the 'Sherlock' ones ... All that at £198 per night, sorry but not good enough.
The only thing that prevented me from giving it a '1' rating is that they were able to get me a taxi in half a minute at check-out, with the guy actually moving outside to hail one.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank MCMember

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Park Plaza Sherlock Holmes Hotel London.

I am always grateful to receive comments and feedback from our guests as it enables me to consistently review our standards and improve our level of service.

With the regard to the issue you have mentioned, I totally understand the inconvenience and the frustration this might have caused to you.

Once again I would like to thank you for taking the time for bringing these issues to my attention.

Regarding to your future stays with us please do not hesitate to contact me directly by e-mail on ktalwar@pphe.com or telephone on your next visit to Sherlock and I will ensure to allocate a bedroom in a quiet area of the building with a VIP upgrade.

I do hope we have the opportunity in the future to show you improved service, and welcoming you back to the hotel.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

My sister I stayed here for a weekend away I chose it for its location and reputation. We arrived at 12pm and were able to check in and go to our quiet room which was good. The room was average, although a good size it was a little tatty around the edges, especially the bathroom which did smell slightly mouldy and had a frosted (not 100%) sliding bathroom door that was neither sound or smell proof.

I don't know if I have always taken it for granted but there was also no tea or coffee making facilities which I demeaningly informed by someone at reception that unless I was staying in a loft or suite room then I was not entitled to it.

We were also interrupted 4 times in the morning by housekeeping, I knew I should have used the sign for the door but also expect staff to check at reception especially after the 1st time and have never had this in any other hotel when I haven't used the sign. I think as I had high expectations for this hotel, despite it being part of a chain, I was a little let down. Location is the major plus for this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review the Hotel. I appreciate your feedback.
I do hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel in the future, please email me on ktalwar@pphe.com and I will ensure you are allocated a nice room.

Your feedback has been shared as well with the relevant management for improvements.