“Location is the key for this hotel”

Park Plaza Sherlock Holmes London
Ranked #302 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed November 19, 2012

My sister I stayed here for a weekend away I chose it for its location and reputation. We arrived at 12pm and were able to check in and go to our quiet room which was good. The room was average, although a good size it was a little tatty around the edges, especially the bathroom which did smell slightly mouldy and had a frosted (not 100%) sliding bathroom door that was neither sound or smell proof.

I don't know if I have always taken it for granted but there was also no tea or coffee making facilities which I demeaningly informed by someone at reception that unless I was staying in a loft or suite room then I was not entitled to it.

We were also interrupted 4 times in the morning by housekeeping, I knew I should have used the sign for the door but also expect staff to check at reception especially after the 1st time and have never had this in any other hotel when I haven't used the sign. I think as I had high expectations for this hotel, despite it being part of a chain, I was a little let down. Location is the major plus for this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
PPSH_12, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza Sherlock Holmes London, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review the Hotel. I appreciate your feedback.
I do hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel in the future, please email me on ktalwar@pphe.com and I will ensure you are allocated a nice room.

Your feedback has been shared as well with the relevant management for improvements.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

stayed here for two nights; gold status with club carlson so upgraded to a very nice room on a high floor. smaller room but good for london. wonderful bathroom. excellent amenties and welcome gift. particularly liked the multiple power outlets for charging by the desk, a very nice touch i have never seem before. the girl at check-in was very efficient and obviously an asset to the hotel. breakfast was excellent. overall, highly recommended.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank frater93
PPSH_12, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza Sherlock Holmes London, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you very much on behalf of all the staff here at the Park Plaza Sherlock Holmes hotel, not only for staying with but to give us such great feedback.

It was a pleasure to have you at the Sherlock Holmes and We look forward to welcoming you back when your travels bring you back to the area!

Kind regards

Reviewed November 14, 2012

The Park Plaza Sherlock Holmes Hotel is very well located and offers a lovely atmosphere.

The staff is really accomodating and friendly.

The rooms are large and you can enjoy the decoration.

You will find high quality shops in the neighbourhood.

You should definitely try it.

Room Tip: Ask for a view on the street. The last floor is cosy.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
PPSH_12, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza Sherlock Holmes London, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for Choosing to stay at the Park Plaza Sherlock Holmes. We appreciate you taking the time to complete this review regarding your recent stay with us. We are delighted to hear that your stay with us was enjoyable and would like to thank you for your positive comments on the hotel and the hotel staff.

On behalf of our entire staff here at the Park Plaza Hotels & Resorts we would like to thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area with your family!

Kind Regards

Reviewed November 14, 2012

The Sherlock Holmes Hotel is centrally located in London on Baker St., only a block or two from the tube. It is close to Regents Park, London Zoo, Regents College, shopping on Oxford St and so much more.

The hotel itself is charming with a nice lobby, bar, restaurant (although a bit pricy), fitness/spa, and separate, additional more private fireplace lounge area.

The rooms are comfortable with good TV, bed and desk area. The desk has built in converters for all electrical outlets so didn't need a converter. Bathroom was small but nice. The only problem I had was that the heat was difficult to control in the room.

The staff was excellent...very accommodating. When I needed to work out a split in the two rooms I had booked with a colleague, they spent as much time as we needed to get it right. And, when I got home and needed another copy of the bill, they readily sent it to me by email.

I hope to be back soon.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Kind regards,

Reviewed November 13, 2012

Stayed for one night using a voucher. Upgraded for £20 to a studio room which was great with two large flat screen tv's and a sofa area. Small tray of sweets left in room a nice touch. Good location and we walked to the West End and on to Covent Garden which took about 40 mins but lots of interesting shops on way. Breakfast usual buffet fare with the option to buy other items such as pancakes, smoked salmon etc. Bar downstairs had a nice feeling to it (just right for a pre-dinner champagne cocktail). Overall a good stay and would recommend especially if you get a good offer as we did.

Room Tip: Room 127 studio room was large and had complete privacy as windows looked over a very small terrace...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you very much on behalf of all the staff here at the Park Plaza Sherlock Holmes hotel, not only for staying with but to give us feedback on your recent stay .

Kind regards

Reviewed November 13, 2012

Lovely hotel, very close to Madame Taussauds and Oxford Street. Great service and spacious rooms. Food in the bar was amazing and the breakfast was also very good. Would recommend this hotel to anyone for a weekend break.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guest

On behalf of All the staff at the Park Plaza Sherlock Holmes Hotel, I'd like to thank you very much for choosing to stay with us. We are extremely pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and more so that your will recommend us to your friends.

We are working hard to provide the highest level of product and services and therefore really appreciate your enthusiasm and positive comments. We would also like to thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Reviewed November 12, 2012

We booked this hotel using Vivastay. I arrived at lunchtime for a Friday night stay for one night. There was a bit of a cafuffle at check-in with a couple on front of me sorting out a problem with their booking. This meant I was kept waiting for around fifteen minutes whilst this was resolved. I didn't mind too much as I was in no rush, but there were other members of staff about and a free terminal, so this could have been dealt with more efficiently.

However, the surroundings in the hotel are lovely in e communal areas. I didn't have time to visit the spa and gym, but I will definitely do this next time as they looked really lovely.

The bar is cosy and cosmopolitan, the drink selection is good and the cocktails appealing, although it is a bit on the pricey side, I think you expect this in hotel bars. The service couldn't be faulted.

The room we stayed in 202, was very well furnished. My only comment would be that the sink had a crack in it, but I suppose this cant be helped if the previous guest cracks it?!? The room was a good size, no view, and the window opened. This was good as it was a bit hot throughout the night.

The hotel location is perfect for shopping and sightseeing. Nearest tube is Baker St which is a great base from which to do many areas of London. We used it for a night in Covent Garden, and a touristy day meeting friends the following day. Breakfast was a good selection, freshly presented.

I would recommend this hotel, it has something a bit different about it and it feels comfortable and clean.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends