“Just don't get sick here”

Park Plaza Sherlock Holmes London
Ranked #307 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed September 19, 2011

The hotel itself is in a good location. The rooms could use an upgrade (worn curtains, dark bathroom with no outlet etc)
The staff has been generally friendly but what is appalling to me is the lack of concern for their customers. I have been violently ill with salmonella for the past three days. The hotel was helpful in arranging a car to get me to and from the hospital but after that I have been on my own. It is a horrible thing to be alone and so sick away from home. After such an episode I would expect someone from the hotel to check in. Nothing. I have called the front desk three times to extend my stay- telling them I was supposed to check out but am very ill and need to stay another night. The woman I spoke with the first day was nice and said she was sorry (didn't offer any help but was at least sympathetic). The other two times I have called there has been no comment at all. I have been a business traveller for 16 years and have never been sick like this. If it ever happens again I hope it is somewhere with better customer service than Tyne Park Plaza Sherlock Holmes.
I never write reviews- and I realize since this is an unusual experience it may not be helpful to most travelers. But I felt compelled to write after three days of this hotel staff knowing I am a foreign traveler who is extremely ill and ignoring the situation is not ok. I will not be staying here again- nor will any of my colleagues.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
PPSHLondon, General Manager at Park Plaza Sherlock Holmes London, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2011

Dear Guest,

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with valuable feedback regarding your recent stay with us.We are very sorry to hear of your condition , and the lack of attention payed to you during the duration of this condition.
I really hope that we managed to attend to your needs after having failed to do so at your first attempt.
On behalf of our entire staff here at the Park Plaza Hotels & Resorts we would like to thank you for your business and despite this incedent we really hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Reviewed September 17, 2011

Very comprehensive custimer services. It was my boyfriend's birthday and Sherlock's and team arranged everything I requested for. We enjoyed a very relaxing and romantic stay in London. We simply love Sherlock's... Highly recommended!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 13, 2011

Stayed at the Park Plaza Sherlock Holmes after hours of on-line searching for the perfect hotel. We were in London for 5 nights and location was key for us. This was the perfect choice - two blocks from a key tube station (Baker Street) and a little further to the Marleybone tube and train station. Easy walk to Oxford street and close to all the attractions in town. Numerous dining locations within easy walking distance and a small grocery store right next door. The staff was great - helping set up tickets for tours, giving great local advice and attending to all of our needs. We had the executive room with a queen bed and the room was very nice - and the bed was very comfortable. The shower was also great! No complaints - we will definitely come back again.

Room Tip: Look at reviews as London hotel rooms are very small compared to what Americans are used to. Go for...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
PPSHLondon, General Manager at Park Plaza Sherlock Holmes London, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2011

Dear Guest
On behalf of All the staff at the Park Plaza Sherlock Holmes Hotel, I'd like to thank you very much for choosing to stay with us. We are extremely pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and more so that your will think of us for a return Visit.
We are working hard to provide the highest level of product and services and therefore really appreciate your enthusiasm and positive comments. We would also like to thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Reviewed September 12, 2011

My wife and I stayed here for 5 nights in early August. The size of the room was impressive. We had a nice little view of the mews behind the hotel from our window. Very quaint and London-y. Staff was helpful and agreeable. The hotel is extremely close to the Baker Street tube stop which will get you about anywhere you would want to go. Another really nice thing about this hotel is its close proximity to a Tesco Express--we ate many inexpensive cheese and onion sandwiches to save money on breakfast! All in all, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2011

Firstly I would say this is one of my favourite parts of London. Marylebone High St is minutes away, the whole area is packed with a variety of great restaurants and virtually everywhere you could wish to go is easily accessible from nearby Baker Street Tube. A real buzz around the place at night
Very helpful and friendly staff at check-in. Corridors and communal areas look a little tired and this is also reflected in the rooms, particularly the bathrooms, which although clean could clearly do with a bit of an overhaul. Having said that the rooms were spacious and if the price is right (as it was this time) would definitely come back. Not a luxurious hotel but would recommend it for younger people

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
PPSHLondon, General Manager at Park Plaza Sherlock Holmes London, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2011

Reviewed September 3, 2011

Hotel was great with a restaurant, bar and lounge area. The rooms, including the bathrooms were modernized and very comfortable. Lots of pubs offering good food behind this hotel which was one attraction and close to Oxford street shopping.

Room Tip: Back rooms may be quieter. We had a back room and we could have been in the country side not central...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
PPSHLondon, General Manager at Park Plaza Sherlock Holmes London, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2011

Reviewed August 30, 2011

Only come down to London a few times a year and have struggled to find a reliable, cost effective hotel in a good location. The Sherlock Holmes fits the bill very nicely - ticks all my boxes. I will definately use this hotel again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
PPSHLondon, General Manager at Park Plaza Sherlock Holmes London, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2011

Dear Guest,
Thank you for Choosing to stay at the Park Plaza Sherlock Holmes. We appreciate you taking the time to complete this review regarding your recent stay with us. We are delighted to hear that your stay with us was enjoyable and would like to thank you for your positive comments on the hotel.

It is very important for us that you felt comfortable in one of our bedrooms and that enjoy the location of the Hotel near the underground station.
On behalf of our entire staff here at the Park Plaza Hotels & Resorts we would like to thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Sincerely