“The lovely, gracious Stella made all the difference”

Ranked #526 of 1,088 Hotels in London
Paris, France
“The lovely, gracious Stella made all the difference”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

I only write reviews when I have something to add.

Stella, the lovely associate at the front desk at Le Meridien, made all the difference. This is why it's so important to have 'hospitable' people who want and enjoy being in the hospitality business.

I travel a lot, both for business and leisure. and both my husband and I have travelled, worked, and lived in London. First, let me say, we found ourselves in another Starwood Hotel down the road, that was the worse that we have ever stayed, in the world. Having planned a birthday celebration weekend, we changed our hotel to Le Meridien. From the beginning, Stella took great care of us. Great rooms (two adjoining for our ourselves and our kids) with amazing light and views from the top. A great bottle of wine for us for the birthday and great organic pean and apple juices for for our kids. The gym and the pool are treats, for a London hotel, and the location cannot be beat.

Preferring to stay at smaller, out of the way boutique hotels in London, I was a bit tentative about staying at a large Starwood chain hotel right near Piccadilly. Since this was our kids' first trip to London, having a central location and a place with a bit of larger public spaces was required. Le Meridien Piccadilly came through with flying colors in all areas for our kids', thus our family's, first tour grand tour of London.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (388)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

As a Starwood member, we've stayed at numerous hotels. This was one of the worst services that we have seen. The rooms are dated, only several towels no refill on our Kleenex boxes for 2 days!! Great location but would never come back to this particular hotel.

Stayed April 2014
3 Thank Jgc1963
LEMERIDIENPICCADILLY, General Manager at Le Meridien Piccadilly, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Dear Jgc1963,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your stay with us.

We pride ourselves on offering a high level of service. I am very disappointed that we were not able to meet your expectations during your stay.

We would very much like the opportunity to discuss the points you have raised further, therefore can I kindly ask you, to contact my office directly.

Once again thank you for your feedback and we look forward to hear from you at your convenience.

Kind regards.

Le Meridien Piccadilly

Travelers are raving about these London hotels

Hong Kong, China
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2014

I have stayed in many starwood hotels around the world, and this has to be the one with the worst service. This is my second time staying at the hotel, and I was hoping to give it another chance, but the service remains very poor, especially at reception. Good location, rooms were old and slightly run down but big. However, bad service just spoils everything. I am never staying here again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Llyla
Dear Lyla

Thank you for sharing your impressions on TripAdvisor following your recent stay here at Le Meridien Piccadilly.

We are aiming ourselves to provide our guests with excellent service at all times and I feel sorry if we fell short on this occasion. I was concerned reading your comments about the poor services received at Reception and please be assured that your feedback has been passed on to the Department Head. I thank you for your feedback as we are only able to enhance our services by receiving guest comments such as yours so we can further look into improvement opportunities.

Thank you again, for your review and we do hope that you will continue to make many more enjoyable stays at Le Meridien Piccadilly and Starwood Hotels & Resorts.

Stourport on Severn, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2014

Stayed here when I took my wife to London on a Theatre weekend. Friendly and considerate staff, and excellent facilities, however, be aware there is no on site car parking. We were upgraded to a suite because our room was not yet ready and nothing seemed like too much trouble.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Mark S
Dear Mark S,

Thank you very much for posting your comments on TripAdvsior following your recent stay at Le Meridien Piccadilly.

It was very rewarding to see that you enjoyed your stay and appreciated your room upgrade . I was pleased to read that you appreciated the friendly and professional service provided by our associates and I have shared your comments with them as they are dedicated to make every guest feel special.

Bloomington, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014

This hotel is in a fantastic location, adjacent to Piccadilly Circus, and within walking distance of nearly everything: Parliament, Big Ben, Westminster Abbey, London Eye, Buckingham Palace, and Trafalgar Square. Plus there are at least 3 tube stations within blocks. The hotel itself is very nice. They allowed us an early check-in which we very much appreciated. The rooms are spacious and well appointed, with wonderful beds, showers, television, and mini-bar. They had a very nice buffet breakfast which wasn’t included with the room, but we thought was well worth the money. The bar area was not very nice; they didn’t have many beer and wine selections, and it was very small and dark. The biggest drawback, and I consider it a major drawback, was their wireless internet. They said they had wireless in the public areas and in the rooms, but it was so weak it was actually worthless. So, if you want to have access to internet in your hotel, this is not the hotel for you. So, I still would recommend it for the other amenities, but just know you aren’t going to be able to access the internet.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on a higher floor and at the back, to reduce noise from the street. Don't exp...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Travel_Buff_BL
LEMERIDIENPICCADILLY, General Manager at Le Meridien Piccadilly, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Dear Travel_Buff_BL,

Thank you very much for your detailed comments posted on TripAdvisor following your recent stay with us.

I was delighted to read that you appreciated the hotel’s unrivalled location in the heart of London which is indeed well placed for business and tourism being close to many major sights, theatres and transportation link. It was also encouraging to discover that you valued our well-appointed rooms and I was pleased you enjoyed our breakfast buffet. We are taking your guest feedback very seriously and I thank you for sharing your comments about the poor WIFI connection. I have shared your feedback with our IT Department to look into improvement opportunities related to the addressed issues.

I apologise for any shortcomings you have experienced and I sincerely hope that this experience will not deter you from choosing Le Méridien Piccadilly or Starwood Hotels for your next visit to London. Please feel free to make your reservation directly through my office and I will be pleased to assist you.

Sérgio Leandro

Le Méridien Piccadilly
Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014

Le Méridien is conveniently located right in the heart of Piccadilly Circus about 1.5 blocks from the Piccadilly tube station. The hotel is quite nice and very service oriented. We stayed on a Club level floor which included, among other things, complimentary continental breakfast, free wi-fi and evening Hors D'oeuvres. Our King room was quite spacious, with a desk and a walk-in closet. It was by far the largest hotel room we have had in London. The rooms are a bit tired-looking and in desperate need of an update, however we had no issues or complaints. The staff is quite friendly and go out of their way to be helpful. They have a very nice pool, gym and spa but we did not have an opportunity to make use of them. The cost is in line with other hotels of this quality and location in London. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Sh5345
Dear AntonioR466,

Thank you for sharing your impressions on TripAdvisor following your stay with us.

Our hotel is a historic landmark in the heart of London and opened in 1908 and the rooms may vary in size and views as they do in most hotels in Central London. As such it maintains many of its original features whilst at the same time offering a contemporary look and feel; please accept my apologies for not having met your expectations on this occasion.
It was certainly encouraging to learn that that you appreciated your breakfast experience and the professional service provided by our associates as they are a great asset to the Hotel. I have shared your kind words with the entire team.

Thank you again for your feedback and choosing to stay with us. We look forward to welcome you again to Le Meridien Piccadilly on your future trips to London.

Hotel Manger
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2014

The staff and service provide exactly what you'd expect from a 5* property. My room was spacious (with a huge bathroom and a walk-in closet) and comfortable. The hotel is also in a fantastic location; only a short walk to most west end theaters and near multiple tube stops/lines. This hotel is a luxurious starting point to explore, sightsee or work in London.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Douglas B
Dear Douglas B,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay with us.

It was pleasing to read that you had an enjoyable stay and appreciated the hotel’s ideal location and your well-appointed room with spacious bathroom. I am grateful you shared your comments within this platform as guest feedback is essential in order to see if our service promises are met.

Once again, I thank you for your positive comments and look forward to your next visit in the very near future.

Hotel Manger