“Very bad service”

Ranked #518 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Hong Kong, China
“Very bad service”
Reviewed April 4, 2014

I have stayed in many starwood hotels around the world, and this has to be the one with the worst service. This is my second time staying at the hotel, and I was hoping to give it another chance, but the service remains very poor, especially at reception. Good location, rooms were old and slightly run down but big. However, bad service just spoils everything. I am never staying here again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Llyla
LEMERIDIENPICCADILLY, General Manager at Le Meridien Piccadilly, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Dear Lyla

Thank you for sharing your impressions on TripAdvisor following your recent stay here at Le Meridien Piccadilly.

We are aiming ourselves to provide our guests with excellent service at all times and I feel sorry if we fell short on this occasion. I was concerned reading your comments about the poor services received at Reception and please be assured that your feedback has been passed on to the Department Head. I thank you for your feedback as we are only able to enhance our services by receiving guest comments such as yours so we can further look into improvement opportunities.

Thank you again, for your review and we do hope that you will continue to make many more enjoyable stays at Le Meridien Piccadilly and Starwood Hotels & Resorts.

Le Meridien Piccadilly

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (401)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Stourport on Severn, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 3, 2014

Stayed here when I took my wife to London on a Theatre weekend. Friendly and considerate staff, and excellent facilities, however, be aware there is no on site car parking. We were upgraded to a suite because our room was not yet ready and nothing seemed like too much trouble.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Mark S
Dear Mark S,

Thank you very much for posting your comments on TripAdvsior following your recent stay at Le Meridien Piccadilly.

It was very rewarding to see that you enjoyed your stay and appreciated your room upgrade . I was pleased to read that you appreciated the friendly and professional service provided by our associates and I have shared your comments with them as they are dedicated to make every guest feel special.

Bloomington, Indiana
Reviewed March 31, 2014

This hotel is in a fantastic location, adjacent to Piccadilly Circus, and within walking distance of nearly everything: Parliament, Big Ben, Westminster Abbey, London Eye, Buckingham Palace, and Trafalgar Square. Plus there are at least 3 tube stations within blocks. The hotel itself is very nice. They allowed us an early check-in which we very much appreciated. The rooms are spacious and well appointed, with wonderful beds, showers, television, and mini-bar. They had a very nice buffet breakfast which wasn’t included with the room, but we thought was well worth the money. The bar area was not very nice; they didn’t have many beer and wine selections, and it was very small and dark. The biggest drawback, and I consider it a major drawback, was their wireless internet. They said they had wireless in the public areas and in the rooms, but it was so weak it was actually worthless. So, if you want to have access to internet in your hotel, this is not the hotel for you. So, I still would recommend it for the other amenities, but just know you aren’t going to be able to access the internet.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on a higher floor and at the back, to reduce noise from the street. Don't exp...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Travel_Buff_BL
LEMERIDIENPICCADILLY, General Manager at Le Meridien Piccadilly, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Dear Travel_Buff_BL,

Thank you very much for your detailed comments posted on TripAdvisor following your recent stay with us.

I was delighted to read that you appreciated the hotel’s unrivalled location in the heart of London which is indeed well placed for business and tourism being close to many major sights, theatres and transportation link. It was also encouraging to discover that you valued our well-appointed rooms and I was pleased you enjoyed our breakfast buffet. We are taking your guest feedback very seriously and I thank you for sharing your comments about the poor WIFI connection. I have shared your feedback with our IT Department to look into improvement opportunities related to the addressed issues.

I apologise for any shortcomings you have experienced and I sincerely hope that this experience will not deter you from choosing Le Méridien Piccadilly or Starwood Hotels for your next visit to London. Please feel free to make your reservation directly through my office and I will be pleased to assist you.

Sérgio Leandro

Le Méridien Piccadilly
Indiana
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Le Méridien is conveniently located right in the heart of Piccadilly Circus about 1.5 blocks from the Piccadilly tube station. The hotel is quite nice and very service oriented. We stayed on a Club level floor which included, among other things, complimentary continental breakfast, free wi-fi and evening Hors D'oeuvres. Our King room was quite spacious, with a desk and a walk-in closet. It was by far the largest hotel room we have had in London. The rooms are a bit tired-looking and in desperate need of an update, however we had no issues or complaints. The staff is quite friendly and go out of their way to be helpful. They have a very nice pool, gym and spa but we did not have an opportunity to make use of them. The cost is in line with other hotels of this quality and location in London. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Sh5345
Dear AntonioR466,

Thank you for sharing your impressions on TripAdvisor following your stay with us.

Our hotel is a historic landmark in the heart of London and opened in 1908 and the rooms may vary in size and views as they do in most hotels in Central London. As such it maintains many of its original features whilst at the same time offering a contemporary look and feel; please accept my apologies for not having met your expectations on this occasion.
It was certainly encouraging to learn that that you appreciated your breakfast experience and the professional service provided by our associates as they are a great asset to the Hotel. I have shared your kind words with the entire team.

Thank you again for your feedback and choosing to stay with us. We look forward to welcome you again to Le Meridien Piccadilly on your future trips to London.

Hotel Manger
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed March 28, 2014

The staff and service provide exactly what you'd expect from a 5* property. My room was spacious (with a huge bathroom and a walk-in closet) and comfortable. The hotel is also in a fantastic location; only a short walk to most west end theaters and near multiple tube stops/lines. This hotel is a luxurious starting point to explore, sightsee or work in London.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Douglas B
Dear Douglas B,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay with us.

It was pleasing to read that you had an enjoyable stay and appreciated the hotel’s ideal location and your well-appointed room with spacious bathroom. I am grateful you shared your comments within this platform as guest feedback is essential in order to see if our service promises are met.

Once again, I thank you for your positive comments and look forward to your next visit in the very near future.

Hotel Manger
bedfordshire
Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

I was very lucky to have my boyfriend treat me to two nights in London this week for my birthday. He chose the hotel as he wanted me to experience 5* luxury; however we were both a tad disappointed with the room.

Prior to arrival he had advised the hotel that it was a special occasion and was there any chance of an upgrade or a room with view etc, when we came to check in (we actually came early and the gentleman, whom was very welcoming explained that we couldn't enter the room yet but the concierge would look after our bags etc, we were fine with that, hence couldn't fault service) but he made it seem like it was all under control and our request 'noted with a wink and nod', so we were excited. We are not naive and actually both work in hotels so we know that all requests cannot be met, but he should have said at this point we would not have our request met!

After a whole day shopping in London we went back to get our room key. We were on the second floor and I truly believe that we had the smallest room in the hotel! There was no view or anything to make it feel special (or actually make it feel worth the money spent on it). We were both tired and actually decided that although small, it had everything we needed; comfy and clean. If we were staying for longer than 2 nights, or experienced a disturbance in the room we would have gone back to reception and asked to be moved.

We enjoyed the use of the minibar (but there was no price list, even when we called to reception for one - it didn't appear), we loved the bathrobe and slippers, complimentary writing card and envelope, toiletries etc. Walking through the hotel in our robe to get to the leisure club was a novel experience. The leisure facilities were very good and I would recommend them.

We used both the terrace and longitude bars, drinks were expensive but I guess that was London pricing. All the staff were cheery, attentive and polite. At one point we had finished our drinks, intending to have another but nipped for a cheeky cigarette first; when we had gotten back after 5 minutes the table had been relaid as if we weren't there - super efficient! The lychee cocktail was amazing!

Thanks go to the staff though as they were great. Thank you too to whomever sent up the 'happy birthday' tray as this was a nice touch.

We would stay again but only if the price was right and I would definitely ask for a different room!

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank buffybabe
LEMERIDIENPICCADILLY, General Manager at Le Meridien Piccadilly, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Dear buffybabe,

Thank you very much for your detailed feedback following your stay here at Le Meridien Piccadilly.

We are aiming to provide excellent guest services at all times and if we felt short to deliver on our promises we naturally are disappointed. I was concerned reading your comments about poor arrival experience followed by a small room that has been allocated to you especially on this special occasion. Please feel free to reach out to my office directly should you plan a future stay at our property and be assured that we will certainly take care of you. I was pleased to see that you appreciated our leisure facilities and the services provided by our associates. It was encouraging to see that they have positively contributed to your liking. We are always ensuring that our pricing is compatible to pricing charged in similar establishments. I can safely state that our pricing is competitively positioned.

Thank you again for your feedback and choosing to stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you again to Le Meridien Piccadilly on your future trips to London.

Chichester, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 21, 2014

Stayed for one night on business, glad i chose it (on a good deal - I wouldn't pay the full rate). Good room, great view, quiet and comfy. Swimming pool room is quite impressive.
There could do with being some info about the hotel in the room.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank GMasterGeneral
Dear GMasterGeneral,

Thank you very much for sharing your impressions on TripAdvisor following your stay here at Le Meridien Piccadilly.

It was pleasing to discover that your recent stay with us was an enjoyable one. I was also delighted to see that you appreciate the hotel’s facilities in particular to highlight our unrivalled Health Club & Spa. Thank you for sharing your comments on this platform as we are only able to improve our services with guest feedback such as yours.

Once again, thank you for posting your feedback and for choosing to stay with us. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again to Le Méridien Piccadilly.

Sérgio Leandro