$377
galahotels.com
$288
$279
2,611 results
All reviewsthe club loungeregent streetcan't beat the locationwest endsteam roomafternoon teaexcellent locationupgraded roombuckingham palacegreen parkcentral locationlarge roomtube stopcovent gardenlondon hotellondon eyehyde park
Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

This was our second stay 14/16 December this year, and we couldn't fault the hotel. When I made the reservation I asked for the same rooms as on our last visit, they couldn't guarantee this but we got exactly what we wanted (thank you). All the staff we came across we very friendly and helpful. Our rooms (junior suite and club room) were very clean and well stocked. Room service for an evening meal was delicious. The location of this hotel is always a winner but it is a first class hotel with fantastic staff. We three ladies will be back again.

Stayed: December 2013
LEMERIDIENPICCADILLY, General Manager at Le Meridien Piccadilly, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

Dear nadineSomerset,

Thank you for taking your time to post your feedback in this forum.

We were delighted to see that you enjoyed your second stay in our hotel and that we were able to meet your expectations in regards to the room allocation. We also would like to thank you for your kind comments about our Associates. They are working hard to exceed our guests’ expectations and it is nice to see that their efforts are recognized in this forum.

We hope that we will be able to welcome you back to Le Méridien Piccadilly for the third time in the not too distant future!

Kind regards,

Sergio Leandro

Reviewed December 14, 2013

Stayed at Le Meridien recently for one week. Having been in London before, opted for a central location that was <5 min walk to Piccadilly tube and a quick walk to Soho/West End Theaters.

Check-in was quick-we were checked in early in the morning after arriving from an overnight flight which was appreciated. We were also given a later check -out which was great!

The rooms were modern and compact- on the smaller side than the club room pics shown. We had a room facing Regent street which was lovely to look out to (after we acclimated to the noise the first night). Heard some noise in the halls but definitely couldn't hear your neighbors. The rooms were spotless, clean, the beds were comfortable. The room had a small coffee/hot water maker and safe.

Quick walk to cafes in the area for breakfast. The gym is one of the nicest I've seen in Europe (but being an exercise fanatic, not what am used to in the U.S.)

The concierge/front door staff were friendly and helpful especially Mark.

Must see the Churchill War Rooms & Grab tea from Fortnum & Mason just down the road.

Room Tip: Rooms facing Regent street are a little noisier but worth the view.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
LEMERIDIENPICCADILLY, General Manager at Le Meridien Piccadilly, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2013

Dear Suzq23,

Thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor following your stay with us.

It was encouraging to discover that you had an enjoyable time and appreciated the hotel unrivalled location in the heart of London. Our aim is to provide excellent services at all times and I was delighted to read that all our associates, especially Mark did positively contribute to your enjoyment. I thank you for sharing your comments on this platform.

We are very much looking forward to welcome you back to Le Meridien Piccadilly in the very near future.

Kind Regards,

Sergio Leandro

Reviewed December 5, 2013

I can't comment on staying at the hotel as a guest, but walking along Piccadilly looking for somewhere to eat we were attracted by a fixed price menu of £21 for three courses for lunch.
Lovely hotel, fantastic modern restaurant and absolutely fantastic food, the fixed price menu was fantastic value for money, with us both having a squid crepe with prawn filling for starter, Black crepes presumably from squid ink with a bot of salad were visually stunning with a dash of jus giving a fantastic combination of flavours. Main course of hake on a bed of spinach and crushed potatoes again couldn't be faulted and the desserts of Treacle Tart and Sticky Toffee pudding finished the meal off perfectly.
We then moved into the sofa area for a coffee before heading off on the rest of our travels.
We thought the whole experience was just right, excellent service and food, we felt well looked after and would go back for an afternoon tea next time we are in London.

Just a word of warning, the £21 fixed price menu attracted us to try the hotel in the first instance, but don't forget this is a five star hotel with five star prices normally. For three small waters, a glass of wine, two coffees, and a 12.5% service charge the total bill was over £80. So if you are on a budget you may need to think twice and not be guided by the seemingly cheap fixed price offer. However if you want a fantastic meal in a great setting and make a trip to London special then it is well worth the visit.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 4, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I stayed for one night for our anniversary and we were very impressed :-) I had called ahead and informed the hotel we were celebrating and the Guest Services Manager, Tania, was delightful and informed me she would try and upgrade us and lo and behold upon arrival we were given a preferred guest room at no extra charge which was very nice indeed. A complimentary bottle of wine, some cakes and a lovely card welcoming us and congratulating us awaited us too! The cocktail lounge was very swish with first class service and the breakfast could not be faulted. All in all a hotel that ticks every box for a romantic getaway and we would certainly return :-) 10/10 Le Meridien and Starwood Hotels!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
LEMERIDIENPICCADILLY, General Manager at Le Meridien Piccadilly, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2013

Dear StokeMatt,

Thank you for your favourable review on TripAdvisor following your recent stay with us.

It was very pleasing to read that you enjoyed your stay with us on this very special occasion. It was encouraging to see that my colleague Tania from our Guest Services Team did very positively contribute to make your stay a memorable one. I thank you for taking the time to share your impressions on this platform as we are grateful receiving guest feedback ton continuously work on ourselves to enhance the overall guest satisfaction.

Thank you again for your review and we do hope that you will continue to make many more enjoyable visits to Le Méridien Piccadilly and Starwood Hotels & Resorts. We very much look forward to seeing you again soon.

Kind Regards

Sérgio Leandro

Le Méridien Piccadilly

Reviewed December 3, 2013

Upon arrival, I had to search for a bellman to help with my luggage. They were good about storing the luggage and associated it with the room, so I didn't need a ticket. They reminded me to just check the ticket for the "5" bags when I did check in. Upon check-in, I saw the tag and it said "3" instead of "5". The clerk said it was the right tag for my room, but I insisted that I had 5 bags. He looked confused. After a few minutes of this back and forth, we went to the luggage room and I pointed out my bags. That took a while too as I had to show him the right 5 bags about 4 times.
We go up to our room and it's nice. Nicer than what I remember booking. Then the phone rings in the room. The same clerk said he gave us the wrong room. We went back the elevators and he came up with the new keys. We got to the "new" room and it was about 1/2 the size and no view.
Worst thing was the bathtub/shower. It was elevated so the high clearance was so low that my husband, who is not that tall, hit is head just getting in. Also, the towel warmer did not work.
Furnishings were nice. Luggage came up promptly.
Hotel is well located and easy to find. Concierge was not helpful. I asked for a recommendation for a noodle shop and he just said - Go to Chinatown. No names of places. Just a neighborhood with lots of noodle shops, most of which looked not so great. I also asked for the closest Le Pain Quotidien and he was completely wrong. Honestly, Google Maps was more helpful and informative than this concierge.
We came back to the hotel at around 11pm. The door was locked. This is a 5-star hotel? There was a security guard there watching us try to open a locked door for about a few minutes. After a while, we saw a small card reader and put our card in and the door unlocked. I have never been at a 5-star hotel that locks it's door. Isn't that what a doorman is for? The elevators already had key access required, so I'm not quite sure why the door had to be locked too. Definitely not a 5-star experience. If this hotel marketed itself as 4 star, none of this would have bothered me. But, I expected more. Checkout experience was fine.

Room Tip: We were put in a room that seemed to be in some sort of annex. The bathroom ceiling there was way too low over the shower.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank VR1235

Dear Vidya 1,

Thank you very much for posting your review on TripAdvisor following your recent stay with us.

We highly appreciate your comments. I was disappointed to hear that your recent experience at the hotel did not meet your expectations and I would like to offer my most sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused. I was concerned reading your comments about your arrival experience especially with regards to the luggage handling. Please rest assured that I will share your detailed feedback with my team. The feedback we receive from our valued guests enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future.

If you would like to talk through any of the issues in more detail please feel free to contact my office directly. I sincerely hope that this experience will not deter you from giving us a second try on your next visit to London.

Kind Regards,